The QOL Technical Support Thread - Part 2

The place to report problems, or give feedback about this message board or the entire Queenonline site.

The QOL Technical Support Thread - Part 2

Postby Elessar » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:32 pm

Continuing on from part 1, which can be found at:
http://queenforum.parlophone.co.uk/view ... hp?t=26620

This is the thread to ask for technical computer-based help. Everyone is welcome to contribute with questions and solutions to problems.

Allons-y!
Elessar
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love

Location: Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see

Postby Ice On Fire » Thu May 01, 2008 6:56 am

Can anyone tell me how-or even if it is possible to reset the pop up blocker on my Google task bar?
Thanks.
Times have changed and times are strange
Here I come but I ain't the same
Ice On Fire
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Location: The one where you will be the first to forget and you will be the last to remember

Postby JLP » Thu May 01, 2008 9:13 am

Ice On Fire wrote:Can anyone tell me how-or even if it is possible to reset the pop up blocker on my Google task bar?
Thanks.

Go into settings, mine is at the extreme right of the screen, select toolbar options, click on more tab and click on enable pop up blocker.
Come on You Tigers
JLP
Admin from Hull
Admin from Hull

Postby queenfan23 » Thu May 01, 2008 5:36 pm

How do you set up PJIRC to auto-op a user, rather than just giving Operator privileges to the first person who signs in?
queenfan23
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Ice On Fire » Thu May 01, 2008 5:56 pm

JLP wrote:
Ice On Fire wrote:Can anyone tell me how-or even if it is possible to reset the pop up blocker on my Google task bar?
Thanks.

Go into settings, mine is at the extreme right of the screen, select toolbar options, click on more tab and click on enable pop up blocker.

Well I managed to get as far as no pop ups. Will take a better look at it later. Thanks :)
Times have changed and times are strange
Here I come but I ain't the same
Ice On Fire
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Location: The one where you will be the first to forget and you will be the last to remember

Postby Tony S » Thu May 01, 2008 6:23 pm

Ok, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post regarding the QOL online Store, but I'm sure I'll be directed elsewhere if so !

Has anyone else had problems accessing their account on the store recently?
I just tried to log in to the store for the first time in a couple of weeks, and noticed that the layout had changed a bit again. On entering my Email address and password it then told me I had entered an incorrect password.
I tried again a couple of times knowing full well that I had typed in exactly the Email address and password I had used to register to the store and order my tickets back on the 2nd April. All I wanted to do was look in my order history and satisfy myself that my order is still happily sitting there ! :lol:

So getting frustrated, I clicked on the "Forgotten your password?" button, whereupon I was told that if I typed in my Email address again, an Email would be sent to me reminding me what my password is. So I did this, and then went to my Email inbox to await the Email.

A few seconds later I get an Email saying;

As requested, the password to your recordstore.co.uk account is:

followed by some 36 character password !

WTF !? I then went into recordstore.co.uk wondering what the heck that was, and find it's some independent online music store that I've never visited or seen before in my life !!!
Just what is going on !?

Luckily, the same password did allow me to get into my Queenonline Store account, which now looks different to how it was a couple of weeks ago, and I have now changed my password back to my original one, but why has this happened ?

Oh, they had also somehow lost the "County" part of my postal address, which was previously there, and which it required me to re-enter before allowing me to change my password. :roll:
Tony S
Spread Your Wings
Spread Your Wings

Postby Ian-Highlander » Thu May 01, 2008 7:22 pm

PTRACER wrote:How do you set up PJIRC to auto-op a user, rather than just giving Operator privileges to the first person who signs in?

You don't, PJIRC is a client, that functionality that you're asking for is a server side function and needs services on the server configured to deny users op except certain authenticated users.
Ian-Highlander
There Can Be Only One
There Can Be Only One

Location: Raising Money For "Make-A-Wish Foundation" On http://www.gcrpeople.com

Postby Ian-Highlander » Thu May 01, 2008 7:23 pm

Tony S wrote:Ok, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post regarding the QOL online Store, but I'm sure I'll be directed elsewhere if so !

I just tried to log in to the store for the first time in a couple of weeks, and noticed that the layout had changed a bit again. On entering my Email address and password it then told me I had entered an incorrect password.
I tried again a couple of times knowing full well that I had typed in exactly the Email address and password I had used to register to the store and order my tickets back on the 2nd April. All I wanted to do was look in my order history and satisfy myself that my order is still happily sitting there ! :lol:

So getting frustrated, I clicked on the "Forgotten your password?" button, whereupon I was told that if I typed in my Email address again, an Email would be sent to me reminding me what my password is. So I did this, and then went to my Email inbox to await the Email.

WTF !? I then went into recordstore.co.uk wondering what the heck that was, and find it's some independent online music store that I've never visited or seen before in my life !!!
Just what is going on !?

Luckily, the same password did allow me to get into my Queenonline Store account, which now looks different to how it was a couple of weeks ago, and I have now changed my password back to my original one, but why has this happened ?

Oh, they had also somehow lost the "County" part of my postal address, which was previously there, and which it required me to re-enter before allowing me to change my password. :roll:

The only official representative of QPL / the Queenonline store or similar is "Administrator" (Nick), drop him a PM with your query. No one else here even us admins have any knowledge of or access to those systems. Hope this helps.
Ian-Highlander
There Can Be Only One
There Can Be Only One

Location: Raising Money For "Make-A-Wish Foundation" On http://www.gcrpeople.com

Postby JLP » Thu May 01, 2008 10:40 pm

I have just purchased a new Phillips Go Gear music player. It has the ability to store/play videos.

So can I send stuff from a music DVD to the player or do I have to do something else?
Come on You Tigers
JLP
Admin from Hull
Admin from Hull

Postby Loretta » Fri May 02, 2008 1:09 am

I've just bought a laptop.

I didn't want advice, I just wanted to show off. :cool:
Loretta
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Postby Broooklyn » Fri May 02, 2008 3:08 am

I've just bought a ride atop Loretta's lap.

I didn't want a ride, I just wanted to show off what he can't have. :cool: <-------> :cool:
ImageImageImage
Broooklyn
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love

Location: When somethin'z broke...I wanna put a bit'a fixin' on it!

Postby Droidy » Fri May 02, 2008 4:16 pm

Tony S wrote:Ok, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post regarding the QOL online Store, but I'm sure I'll be directed elsewhere if so !

Just what is going on !?

The same happened to me - The reason I had to try and log in was because I got an email saying that an order was being held (my Album Club Membership thing) but couldn't be posted out to me for some reason...it didn't really make much sense to me so I tried to log in and what ensued has been described by Tony.

I'm having trouble getting an avatar in my profile...I think the file on my computer is too big so I can't upload it from there so I decided to host it on imageshack and then use the URL provided...on doing so, it came up telling me that the file had to be .jpeg and whatever other file extentions are accepted...only thing is it IS a .jpeg file...I tried one of the other links from Imageshack and got this message:

Unable to upload file

DEBUG MODE

Line : 251
File : usercp_avatar.php

Can anyone help?

EDIT: Sorted, used Fireworks to make it smaller...never done that before! :P
"It's not just a daydream if you decide to make it your life"

"I don't wanna be alone at midnight anymore" - Always Midnight

Droidy
We Will Rock You
We Will Rock You

Postby Elessar » Sat May 03, 2008 11:03 pm

When I start my computer up, the 'Windows Installer' box comes up. If I click 'ok', it asks for me to insert a disc called "1". To get rid of it, I have to control+alt+delete it.

It then stays away for the rest of the time that the computer is on....unless it gets to midnight. Then it comes back. But I can get rid of it in the same way.
Elessar
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love

Location: Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see

Postby fairydandy » Sun May 04, 2008 8:18 am

Elessar wrote:When I start my computer up, the 'Windows Installer' box comes up. If I click 'ok', it asks for me to insert a disc called "1". To get rid of it, I have to control+alt+delete it.

It then stays away for the rest of the time that the computer is on....unless it gets to midnight. Then it comes back. But I can get rid of it in the same way.

I know this one. Click here for a link to the disc you require.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
fairydandy

Postby WeeMann » Sun May 04, 2008 8:34 am

Yesterday I decided I'd upgrade my PC with a new processor and a bit more memory.

Plugged in the new processor (up from an AMD Sempron running at 1.8 G to a Dual Core Athlon 4600 - should be good!) went to reboot and the computer wouldn't boot :(

I spoke to my mate who knows all things PC and he suggested geting into the BIOS setup page - after realising my wireless keyboard wasn't going to work at this stage I found my old wired keyboard and plugged this in, but I still can't get into the setup page. As I switch I on I get the very first screen ofering me to press F11 to go into the boot menu but then the screen goes all funny and it won't go any further.

HELP!!!! I need to work on the pc today and my wife's nagging because she needs to do some work which is saved on it too!!!
If Simon Mann did not exist, you would have to make him up The Times - Tues 17 Jun, 2008
WeeMann

Next

Return to QUEENONLINE