Name and Shame them.

The place to report problems, or give feedback about this message board or the entire Queenonline site.

So should Admins be able to name and shame these aliases?

Yes
79%
No
21%

Total votes : 38

Name and Shame them.

Postby lord of all darkness. » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:46 am

With the new software. The option for the weak posters that can't cope, is to use the Ignore poster button.
However The loophole is, If you have multiple alias's, you can still attack the poster after you have been placed on their ignore list.

So should Admins be able to name and shame these aliases?
lord of all darkness.
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby action » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:54 am

hell yea 8)
what have i become?
my sweetest friend
everyone i know
goes away in the end
action
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Postby lord of all darkness. » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:29 am

action wrote:hell yea 8)

But will they have the guts to do it?
lord of all darkness.
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Fire~Maiden » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:11 am

I guess they should be able too.... whether they will or not, who knows?
~ In The Year Of '39.... ~
Fire~Maiden
The Show Must Go On
The Show Must Go On

Postby BHM0086 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:12 am

They should but they wont.
BHM0086
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby JLP » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:20 am

If people wanna use the ignore button that is their choice.

Look at the rules about alias identities. If people use them to break the rules then that will be dealt with in the usual amnner. Will we go public on actions taken? No because that is something that we never do.
Come on You Tigers
JLP
Admin from Hull
Admin from Hull

Postby Ice On Fire » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:32 am

I vote yes if they are out to cause trouble.
Remeber last year when a poster had 3 accounts on the go, but he never set out to cause trouble at all. Plus he never hid the fact who he was.
Times have changed and times are strange
Here I come but I ain't the same
Ice On Fire
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Location: The one where you will be the first to forget and you will be the last to remember

Postby lord of all darkness. » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:48 am

JLP wrote:If people wanna use the ignore button that is their choice.

Look at the rules about alias identities. If people use them to break the rules then that will be dealt with in the usual amnner. Will we go public on actions taken? No because that is something that we never do.

Will you name an alias, even if they are not breaking the rules, but are behaving in a poo stirring manner? I think that when the new software comes in, there will be an influx of aliases. So i think you guys should name an alias if requested.

Btw, i am in now way asking for details of why someone was banned or a thread removed.
lord of all darkness.
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby JLP » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:50 am

I wonder what else people will grumble about after the upgrade. Avatars on the wrong side has already been mentioned. Thankfully we have a brilliant techy here called Ian who will leave them there. :lol:
Come on You Tigers
JLP
Admin from Hull
Admin from Hull

Postby lord of all darkness. » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:54 am

JLP wrote:I wonder what else people will grumble about after the upgrade. Avatars on the wrong side has already been mentioned. Thankfully we have a brilliant techy here called Ian who will leave them there. :lol:

Im not grumbling. :o I forsee trouble ahead.

Also will the post counts disappear?
lord of all darkness.
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby JLP » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:01 am

lord of all darkness. wrote:
JLP wrote:I wonder what else people will grumble about after the upgrade. Avatars on the wrong side has already been mentioned. Thankfully we have a brilliant techy here called Ian who will leave them there. :lol:

Im not grumbling. :o I forsee trouble ahead.

Also will the post counts disappear?

I think the post counts will stay as everything is being moved from here.
Come on You Tigers
JLP
Admin from Hull
Admin from Hull

Postby JLP » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:04 am

Will you name an alias, even if they are not breaking the rules, but are behaving in a poo stirring manner? I think that when the new software comes in, there will be an influx of aliases. So i think you guys should name an alias if requested.

Btw, i am in now way asking for details of why someone was banned or a thread removed.

I don't know if we should name an alias but maybe the others feel differently. to be honest it is not something we have talked about.

What I hope the ignore function does is put a stop to all the long running fueds. Fair enough, there will always be people who cannot stand each other. Maybe by using that function things will settle and people will be more tolerant. Hell I can hope can't I.
Come on You Tigers
JLP
Admin from Hull
Admin from Hull

Postby lord of all darkness. » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:28 am

JLP wrote:

I don't know if we should name an alias but maybe the others feel differently. to be honest it is not something we have talked about.

What I hope the ignore function does is put a stop to all the long running fueds. Fair enough, there will always be people who cannot stand each other. Maybe by using that function things will settle and people will be more tolerant. Hell I can hope can't I.

You can. But the feuds will remain. But i hope that your team do discuss the naming of aliases.
lord of all darkness.
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby ee12csvt » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:35 pm

Aliases should not be disclosed in public.

Not knowing the full legal aspects of it, I am sure as the database is held in the UK, the Data Protection Act will kick in. Therefore if anyone who has access to the database, discloses someone's identity without their permission, they and the owner of the database would leave themselves open to prosecution.
ee12csvt
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby lolita » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:41 pm

ee12csvt wrote:Aliases should not be disclosed in public.

Not knowing the full legal aspects of it, I am sure as the database is held in the UK, the Data Protection Act will kick in. Therefore if anyone who has access to the database, discloses someone's identity without their permission, they and the owner of the database would leave themselves open to prosecution.

But they wouldn't be disclosing their actual identity, merely their usual username.
"Reality" - one of the few words which mean nothing without quotes.
lolita
The Show Must Go On
The Show Must Go On

Next

Return to QUEENONLINE