What the f*ck is wrong with this site?

The place to report problems, or give feedback about this message board or the entire Queenonline site.

What the f*ck is wrong with this site?

Postby fairydandy » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:35 pm

I am on the new Internet Explorer 8 and I have to tell you, this site is a mess when using it, it logs me out all of the time!

Not only that, but the OFFICIAL QUEEN web presence looks like an amateur message board.
fairydandy
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Re: What the f*ck is wrong with this site?

Postby Lord Pastieman.Steve » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:48 pm

fairydandy wrote:I am on the new Internet Explorer 8 and I have to tell you, this site is a mess when using it, it logs me out all of the time!

Not only that, but the OFFICIAL QUEEN web presence looks like an amateur message board.

Good to see you fd :) try using Firefox instead, might not make the site look any better but at least you dont keep getting logged out.
Lord Pastieman.Steve
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love

Location: Leader of the cronies, allegedly LMAO. Just call me Grandad

Postby fairydandy » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:55 pm

Lord Pastieman.Steve wrote:
fairydandy wrote:I am on the new Internet Explorer 8 and I have to tell you, this site is a mess when using it, it logs me out all of the time!

Good to see you fd :) try using Firefox instead, might not make the site look any better but at least you dont keep getting logged out.

Hello Steve! To be honest, I'm a bit of a Microsoft fan...don't ask me why, it's just a company that I trust.
fairydandy
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby fairydandy » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:17 pm

Are we getting the templates back or what? Now that *admin* is living with his new boyfriend there is no excuse. :P
fairydandy
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Ice On Fire » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:19 pm

Very much doubt it as Ian no longer has access.
Times have changed and times are strange
Here I come but I ain't the same
Ice On Fire
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Location: The one where you will be the first to forget and you will be the last to remember

Postby fairydandy » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:26 pm

Ice On Fire wrote:Very much doubt it as Ian no longer has access.

Clearly they thought that he fucked it up. They aren't fit to wipe his shoes.
fairydandy
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Roger Meadow's tailor » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:31 am

In a way,this site pretty much looks like Queenzone.Which pretty much looks like the QFC board.I preferred the old templates myself.

MY WONDERFUL MRS RMt
Roger Meadow's tailor
The Show Must Go On
The Show Must Go On

Postby Ian-Highlander » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:41 am

fairydandy wrote:Are we getting the templates back or what? Now that *admin* is living with his new boyfriend there is no excuse. :P

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You're only jealous you tart... :P

In all seriousness though, I don't actually have any internet access at home yet beyond my mobile phone and even if I did, I have rather more important things going on in my life right now than designing templates that will get slated by everyone again for a site that's dying on its arse anyway. I DO still have access to the templates directory, at least I did when they first "upgraded" us, I haven't checked recently, although that's the only thing I do have access to these days as they removed any and all other access I have to the site beyond the normal admin panel.

If I'm completely honest, I'm having a real hard time trying to motivate myself to put in hours and hours of work learning the new templating system and designing templates for a site who's owners have made it blatantly clear they don't trust me despite all the work I did for them and the site in the last couple of years. Any and all support we had from "above" appears to have disappeared now the tour is over and frankly I'm seriously beginning to wonder what the fuck we're all doing here still.

We'll see I guess...

fairydandy wrote:Clearly they thought that he fucked it up. They aren't fit to wipe his shoes.

Heh, thanks for the vote of confidence, love you too you soppy old git... :lol:
Ian-Highlander
There Can Be Only One
There Can Be Only One

Location: Raising Money For "Make-A-Wish Foundation" On http://www.gcrpeople.com

Postby neeuqfonafamai » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:50 am

Can totally see your point Ian. You kept this board going a lot of times in the past and they just don't seem to realise this. Please do carry on doing what you can though, because there are a lot of members who appreciate your work even if the 'authorities' don't.
Click on banner to see the Featured QNN site for March 2010:

Thanks to Amp
LOASA Best Fan Fiction-2008 & 9

RIP Emma

See the books I've set free at:
http://bookcrossing.com/referral/abigailann
neeuqfonafamai
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Location: Wherever my signature points (click on the banner to find me)

Postby action » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:34 pm

:lol:

good to see you haven't lost your punch 8)
what have i become?
my sweetest friend
everyone i know
goes away in the end
action
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Postby YourValentine » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:27 pm

Ian-Highlander wrote:
.... although that's the only thing I do have access to these days as they removed any and all other access I have to the site beyond the normal admin panel.

If I'm completely honest, I'm having a real hard time trying to motivate myself to put in hours and hours of work learning the new templating system and designing templates for a site who's owners have made it blatantly clear they don't trust me despite all the work I did for them and the site in the last couple of years. Any and all support we had from "above" appears to have disappeared now the tour is over and frankly I'm seriously beginning to wonder what the fuck we're all doing here still.

Wow Ian - I do not use this message board much, so I missed that they removed your privileges. The fans know what you have done for them. Thank you for everything and I hope to see you here and on QZ. You are the best.
--
http://www.queenzone.com
Join the regular chat sessions at
http://www.queenzone.com/queen/chat/
--
YourValentine
Spread Your Wings
Spread Your Wings

Postby lord of all darkness. » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:12 am

Ian-Highlander wrote:
fairydandy wrote:Are we getting the templates back or what? Now that *admin* is living with his new boyfriend there is no excuse. :P

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You're only jealous you tart... :P

In all seriousness though, I don't actually have any internet access at home yet beyond my mobile phone and even if I did, I have rather more important things going on in my life right now than designing templates that will get slated by everyone again for a site that's dying on its arse anyway. I DO still have access to the templates directory, at least I did when they first "upgraded" us, I haven't checked recently, although that's the only thing I do have access to these days as they removed any and all other access I have to the site beyond the normal admin panel.

We'll see I guess...

fairydandy wrote:Clearly they thought that he fucked it up. They aren't fit to wipe his shoes.

Heh, thanks for the vote of confidence, love you too you soppy old git... :lol:

Nice to see someone with their head screwed on. :)
lord of all darkness.
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Return to QUEENONLINE