deleted or quarantined threads/posts part 2.

The place to report problems, or give feedback about this message board or the entire Queenonline site.

Re: deleted or quarantined threads/posts part 2.

Postby Innuendoes » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:18 pm

action wrote:
Innuendoes wrote:I didn't like what Dusty said to me in that thread. If I had said anything back, the lot of you would have jumped me. Can I make that any clearer?


i havent seen what dusty said to you in that thread :?


Well, then stop bitching about it. :?
"Spread the word and try to teach the man
Who is hating his brother,
When hate won’t do,
‘cuz we’re all the same,
yes the blood inside of me is inside of you"
User avatar
Innuendoes
We Are The Champions
We Are The Champions
 
Posts: 21640
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2003 1:09 pm
Location: Who's bad?

Re: deleted or quarantined threads/posts part 2.

Postby Greywoolfe » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:31 pm

action wrote:can someone please give me that pirate link by dusty with that funny song. it made me laugh during an otherwise shite depressing day, but it has been deleted now. apparently it was against the rules :roll: :roll: :roll:


Glad to oblige. Pirate Link.

Innuendoes wrote:Look action, hijacking the thread was one thing, mocking my religious holiday by taunting me with a pagan holiday greeting from Dusty was another.

I PMd him and he has yet to read the PM. I suspect he ran off the minute I sent the PM so he wouldn't have to answer me.

I made the decision to ask JLP for assistance because I took great offense in that particular post of his. I post one post in that thread after you all took it over and everyone online who was taking part in the hijack jumped in making fun, Dusty & Broooklyn, included. It pissed me off and insulted me. I requested it be pulled because it was clear to me no one gave a shit about a serious world matter and would rather make fun of my religious holiday and my posts in the thread. End of.


I don't honestly bloody believe this. :roll: OK, to business.

Point 1. I wasn't 'taunting' you with a Pagan holiday, or mocking your faith. On the thread in FC about Easter, I'd recently made a post about the Pagan festival that had been celebrated thousands of years before Easter around the same time, so when you responded to my jokey link, which incidentally was on-topic, as it was about pirates, by saying 'f*ck off asshole', or words to that effect, I decided not to respond in kind to argue with you- I just gave you a pagan easter greeting- Happy Ostara. You may feel insulted about that- and I can't help that- but practically every pagan festival in the calendar has been assimilated by the Christian church. Eostre (Ostara), Yule, Samhain and so on. Many people would have responded to your rudeness by being rude back. I wished you a happy Easter.

2. And as for the PM, nice. Real nice. 'What the hell is wrong with you and why have you done this?' or words to that effect. Very polite.

I was being humourous, on-topic and in season- and I wasn't being nasty. This sense of humour failure has blown things out of all proportion. For once, I agree with action and load- it's a bloody farce.

Oh, and load- I don't mind you not wanting me to be referred to as your buddy- I can understand that. Can we at least not be enemies? Same goes for action, if you're both willing. Turn over a new leaf, and all that. :)
Greywoolfe
 

Re: deleted or quarantined threads/posts part 2.

Postby Innuendoes » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:19 pm

Dusty wrote:
Innuendoes wrote:Look action, hijacking the thread was one thing, mocking my religious holiday by taunting me with a pagan holiday greeting from Dusty was another.

I PMd him and he has yet to read the PM. I suspect he ran off the minute I sent the PM so he wouldn't have to answer me.

I made the decision to ask JLP for assistance because I took great offense in that particular post of his. I post one post in that thread after you all took it over and everyone online who was taking part in the hijack jumped in making fun, Dusty & Broooklyn, included. It pissed me off and insulted me. I requested it be pulled because it was clear to me no one gave a shit about a serious world matter and would rather make fun of my religious holiday and my posts in the thread. End of.


I don't honestly bloody believe this. :roll: OK, to business.

Point 1. I wasn't 'taunting' you with a Pagan holiday, or mocking your faith. On the thread in FC about Easter, I'd recently made a post about the Pagan festival that had been celebrated thousands of years before Easter around the same time, so when you responded to my jokey link, which incidentally was on-topic, as it was about pirates, by saying 'f*ck off asshole', or words to that effect, I decided not to respond in kind to argue with you- I just gave you a pagan easter greeting- Happy Ostara. You may feel insulted about that- and I can't help that- but practically every pagan festival in the calendar has been assimilated by the Christian church. Eostre (Ostara), Yule, Samhain and so on. Many people would have responded to your rudeness by being rude back. I wished you a happy Easter.

2. And as for the PM, nice. Real nice. 'What the hell is wrong with you and why have you done this?' or words to that effect. Very polite.

I was being humourous, on-topic and in season- and I wasn't being nasty. This sense of humour failure has blown things out of all proportion. For once, I agree with action and load- it's a bloody farce.

Oh, and load- I don't mind you not wanting me to be referred to as your buddy- I can understand that. Can we at least not be enemies? Same goes for action, if you're both willing. Turn over a new leaf, and all that. :)


Fair enough. I was not in a good frame of mind when I signed online yesterday morning, went to the thread and saw all the crap in there, complained about it, not you specifically, then get Happy Ostara.

Just because, 1000+years ago, pagans had a holiday that is the same day as a Christian holiday, that's got nothing to do with me and I didn't put the holiday on the same day, nor did I name it.

I posted in that thread, then saw what you wrote and thought you were mocking me. Sorry.

Yes, the thread was about pirates but not the kind you guys were playing around with.

Is nothing on this board able to stay on track without a shitload of people jumping in and making fun of the topic or the posters in that thread anymore?
"Spread the word and try to teach the man
Who is hating his brother,
When hate won’t do,
‘cuz we’re all the same,
yes the blood inside of me is inside of you"
User avatar
Innuendoes
We Are The Champions
We Are The Champions
 
Posts: 21640
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2003 1:09 pm
Location: Who's bad?

Re: deleted or quarantined threads/posts part 2.

Postby lord of all darkness. » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:36 am

action wrote:
lord of all darkness. wrote:Btw, dont ever refer to Dusty as my buddy again


:lol:

just admit it load; deep down inside you actually love dusty :P


Nope, he is in the same league as pastie, ming a ling, fd and guru. All on my ignore list.
lord of all darkness.
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now
 
Posts: 3967
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:27 am

Re: deleted or quarantined threads/posts part 2.

Postby lord of all darkness. » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:37 am

Mind you he does like doctor Who, so he does have 1 redeeming feature.
lord of all darkness.
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now
 
Posts: 3967
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:27 am

Re: deleted or quarantined threads/posts part 2.

Postby Greywoolfe » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:42 pm

There's hope for me yet. :P
Greywoolfe
 

Re: deleted or quarantined threads/posts part 2.

Postby Elessar » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:29 pm

lord of all darkness. wrote:Why is elessar allowed to get posts deleted when it affects his good friends huh?
This is why i knew he wasn't unbiased and professional enough to be a mod.


I don't recall this happening.
User avatar
Elessar
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love
 
Posts: 9117
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:18 pm
Location: Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see

Re: deleted or quarantined threads/posts part 2.

Postby fairydandy » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:03 pm

lord of all darkness. wrote:
action wrote:
lord of all darkness. wrote:Btw, dont ever refer to Dusty as my buddy again


:lol:

just admit it load; deep down inside you actually love dusty :P


Nope, he is in the same league as pastie, ming a ling, fd and guru. All on my ignore list.


Oh. Not sure what I have done but whatever. :)
User avatar
fairydandy
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now
 
Posts: 4245
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:02 am

Re: deleted or quarantined threads/posts part 2.

Postby Smeg » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:07 pm

Just my opinion on this (y'know, as a member of this board and all that), I don't agree that a thread started should be allowed to have their thread removed just because they can't handle a joke or whatever it was that caused the complaint. Once a thread has been posted in surely the thread starter has no more control over it than any other user who has posted in it?
User avatar
Smeg
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now
 
Posts: 3798
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:14 am
Location: Formerly known as Lord StayingPower

Re: deleted or quarantined threads/posts part 2.

Postby action » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:26 pm

Lord StayingPower wrote:Just my opinion on this (y'know, as a member of this board and all that), I don't agree that a thread started should be allowed to have their thread removed just because they can't handle a joke or whatever it was that caused the complaint. Once a thread has been posted in surely the thread starter has no more control over it than any other user who has posted in it?


:agreepost:

exactly my point
what have i become?
my sweetest friend
everyone i know
goes away in the end
User avatar
action
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free
 
Posts: 12495
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:57 pm

Re: deleted or quarantined threads/posts part 2.

Postby Greywoolfe » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:56 pm

action wrote:
Lord StayingPower wrote:Just my opinion on this (y'know, as a member of this board and all that), I don't agree that a thread started should be allowed to have their thread removed just because they can't handle a joke or whatever it was that caused the complaint. Once a thread has been posted in surely the thread starter has no more control over it than any other user who has posted in it?


:agreepost:

exactly my point


Agreed- although I'd make an exception in 'Save Me', as the thread will be a topic personal to the thread-starter, and sometimes they may want to change their minds about being so open.
Greywoolfe
 

Re: deleted or quarantined threads/posts part 2.

Postby Champs » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:18 pm

I don't like religion, it fucks people up. :drum:
Double Q calling secret squirrel, over.
User avatar
Champs
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love
 
Posts: 5332
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:27 pm
Location: Who wants to BE called Champs forever?

Re: deleted or quarantined threads/posts part 2.

Postby Innuendoes » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:42 pm

Champs wrote:I don't like religion, it fucks people up. :drum:



What's that got to do with Somali pirates? :tellme:
"Spread the word and try to teach the man
Who is hating his brother,
When hate won’t do,
‘cuz we’re all the same,
yes the blood inside of me is inside of you"
User avatar
Innuendoes
We Are The Champions
We Are The Champions
 
Posts: 21640
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2003 1:09 pm
Location: Who's bad?

Re: deleted or quarantined threads/posts part 2.

Postby Champs » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:44 pm

Innuendoes wrote:
Champs wrote:I don't like religion, it fucks people up. :drum:



What's that got to do with Somali pirates? :tellme:

What's Somali pirates got to do with my post? :-|
Double Q calling secret squirrel, over.
User avatar
Champs
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love
 
Posts: 5332
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:27 pm
Location: Who wants to BE called Champs forever?

Re: deleted or quarantined threads/posts part 2.

Postby Innuendoes » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:57 pm

Champs wrote:
Innuendoes wrote:
Champs wrote:I don't like religion, it fucks people up. :drum:



What's that got to do with Somali pirates? :tellme:

What's Somali pirates got to do with my post? :-|


That's what they are bitching about up there. I had created a thread about the pirates from Somali attacking ships and holding hostages and it was turned into a joke thread about pirates.
"Spread the word and try to teach the man
Who is hating his brother,
When hate won’t do,
‘cuz we’re all the same,
yes the blood inside of me is inside of you"
User avatar
Innuendoes
We Are The Champions
We Are The Champions
 
Posts: 21640
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2003 1:09 pm
Location: Who's bad?

PreviousNext

Return to QUEENONLINE

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron