Ian Highlander

The place to report problems, or give feedback about this message board or the entire Queenonline site.

Re: Ian Highlander

Postby Silver Rocker » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:59 pm

Your decision is not unexpected, Ian, after the way you have been treated. I just wanted to endorse what other people have said and thank you for the multitude of improvements you made to the board, during your time as Techie Admin. At least you know that we appreciated all the hours of work you put in here, even if those at EMI did not.

Last edited by Silver Rocker on Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silver Rocker
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Ace » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:23 pm

I can fully understand Ian's reasons for his decision and would offer my thanks to him for his efforts over the years.

Best wishes to his replacement.
Ace
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Broooklyn » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:43 pm

*Tips his cap*
ImageImageImage
Broooklyn
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love

Location: When somethin'z broke...I wanna put a bit'a fixin' on it!

Postby Sammy » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:57 pm

How come Sir Ian is not making the announcement himself? I don't understand how anyone could get bitter over a message board.

How many mod's this place has had anyway? 15? 20?
are you saying your Killer Queen/FOTW 7" single(s?) doesn't contain the standalone version of the latter track?
http://www.betterworld.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v7GzweqU3M
Sammy
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby kwienfen » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:13 pm

I didn't know Ian, but that JLP guy great admin. Thanks for banning me a month, love yah.
vote [color=#FF00FF]kwienfen for mod ! vote kwienfen for mod ! vote [color=#008000]kwienfen for mod ! vote kwienfen for mod ! vote kwienfen for mod ! [b]vote kwienfen for mod ![b] vote kwienfen for mod ! vote kwienfen for mod ! vote kwienfen for mod ! vote kwienfen for mod ! vote
kwienfen
Spread Your Wings
Spread Your Wings

Postby Elessar » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:07 pm

Sammy wrote:How come Sir Ian is not making the announcement himself? I don't understand how anyone could get bitter over a message board.

Congratulations on your kngihthood Ian! Why didn't you mention it to any of us?
Elessar
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love

Location: Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see

Postby WeeMann » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:09 pm

Elessar wrote:
Sammy wrote:How come Sir Ian is not making the announcement himself? I don't understand how anyone could get bitter over a message board.

Because he can't pronounce the word "kngihthood" :lol:
If Simon Mann did not exist, you would have to make him up The Times - Tues 17 Jun, 2008
WeeMann

Postby bhm0129ad » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:12 pm

WeeMann wrote:
Elessar wrote:

Because he can't pronounce the word "kngihthood" :lol:

:lol: :lol: Sorry Tom, but WeeMann's point was very funny.
bhm0129ad
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Bad Guy » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:17 pm

Sorry to hear you are stepping down Ian, although I can see why you are doing it though. I'd be pissed off aswell if I had done so much for the board over the years then have it all taken away from you without so much as a "thank you" from the people upstairs.
LEWIS HAMILTON & JENSON BUTTON - McLAREN'S 2010 DREAM TEAM!
Bad Guy
BOPOS
BOPOS

Postby Innuendoes » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:33 pm

Dear Ian,

I really hate to see you go, however, given the circumstances, I sure can't blame you. You gave us so much, made QOL a nice website to post on and on the old board, gave us so many different choices to make our online experience more pleasant.

Thankyou, also, for setting up the test board for when we were down so we wouldn't go into withdrawl from lack of communicating with our buddies. :lol:

But most of all, thankyou for being here for us, helping everyone with their computer and internet problems. You have been so unselfish in that respect, even giving advise via email when necessary.

You really deserve a medal or even a trophy or plaque for all your dedicated work.

Peace out, Ian. Have a great life and please don't stop posting, no matter what else you do.

(((((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))))) :-)
"Spread the word and try to teach the man
Who is hating his brother,
When hate won’t do,
‘cuz we’re all the same,
yes the blood inside of me is inside of you"
Innuendoes
We Are The Champions
We Are The Champions

Postby kwienfen » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:59 pm

bye
vote [color=#FF00FF]kwienfen for mod ! vote kwienfen for mod ! vote [color=#008000]kwienfen for mod ! vote kwienfen for mod ! vote kwienfen for mod ! [b]vote kwienfen for mod ![b] vote kwienfen for mod ! vote kwienfen for mod ! vote kwienfen for mod ! vote kwienfen for mod ! vote
kwienfen
Spread Your Wings
Spread Your Wings

Postby neeuqfonafamai » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:42 pm

Thanks for all your hard work, especially with the templates and 'test board'. We on QOL have a lot to thank you for!
Click on banner to see the Featured QNN site for March 2010:

Thanks to Amp
LOASA Best Fan Fiction-2008 & 9

RIP Emma

See the books I've set free at:
http://bookcrossing.com/referral/abigailann
neeuqfonafamai
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Location: Wherever my signature points (click on the banner to find me)

Postby Loretta » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:24 pm

JLP wrote: We had one hell of a night at a WWRY meet up and I felt instantly comfortable in his company. Not sure who was the most pissed by the end of the night though.

If Ian had more than 2 bottles of beer, my money would be on him :lol:

Well done matey... now you'll have time to spend on the more important things in life... me, for example :cool:
Loretta
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Postby Ian-Highlander » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:10 pm

Awww thanks guys, I'm genuinely touched.

I really had to consider this for some length of time and started writing my "resignation" email several times over two or three weeks before finally doing it, but I just really can not justify keeping the position anymore. I'm not on here much at all these days compared to how I used to be, although I do stick my head in pretty much every day its usually only briefly and I certainly don't sit and read everything posted like I used to and as any good admin should. My life has changed massively recently as many of you are aware and that combined with EMI deciding to remove all my access rights to this site means quite simply that I can't be of any real benefit to the site as I used to be and I've certainly lost the motivation and feeling of dedication to the site that I used to have. I therefore made the decision that it's in the site's best interests for me to step down and let Nick & Rob decide how they want to play it.

It's genuinely been a massive blast, I've loved almost every minute of being an admin on this site and have made a lot of new friends and some hopefully life long very good friends through here. I'm not leaving completely, I'll still be about and will still try and take part in the site to a certain extent, but I certainly won't be around like I used to be.

It's been fun, really and something I'll remember for a long time to come. Thanks guys. :)
Ian-Highlander
There Can Be Only One
There Can Be Only One

Location: Raising Money For "Make-A-Wish Foundation" On http://www.gcrpeople.com

Postby gnomo » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:34 pm

Ian,

'thank you' sounds so inadequate in the face of all the time, dedication, expertise, patience, effort and enthusiasm you put into this place.

How nice of the powers that be, not to spend even those two small words in acknowledgement.

As YourValentine said, they proved they do not deserve you, and I can't blame you in the slightest for stepping down.

))))))*hugs*((((((

--
Gnomo
(... any way the wind blows ...)
gnomo
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

PreviousNext

Return to QUEENONLINE