Online bullying, harrassment and intimidation

The place to report problems, or give feedback about this message board or the entire Queenonline site.

Online bullying, harrassment and intimidation

Postby fairydandy » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:54 am

No, not the general 'QOL argument' thing, this is more to do with real harrassment. What is QOL going to do when it turns nastier, when it enters the 3D world?

The IP address should immediately be banned from posting. The ISP provider (from the original IP address) should be contacted by the admin and the identity of the offender established (if possible). If the offender persists in the harrassment from other computers, the police should then be informed.

No one need hide away on here for fear of others.

What is the policy JLP and why are we allowing this harrassment to happen?
fairydandy
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Re: Online bullying, harrassment and intimidation

Postby fairydandy » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:00 am

Alias names should be banned with immediate effect.
fairydandy
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby action » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:03 am

i doubt there IS a policy.

all they do is sit on their lazy ass and move the odd post to do a friend a favour. :roll:

corruption and hypocrisy is thriving as ever on here
what have i become?
my sweetest friend
everyone i know
goes away in the end
action
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Postby fairydandy » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:38 am

Why hasn't the poster known as 'rof', 'For' and 'Clarissa' been banned JLP? A poster here is (and I quote) "scared" of him, yet nothing is done and he is still allowed to post here.

I have advised her to contact the police, but you can help with ensuring that he doesn't post here again.

Why haven't you stopped this man in his tracks?
fairydandy
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby action » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:49 am

fairydandy wrote:Why hasn't the poster known as 'rof', 'For' and 'Clarissa' been banned JLP? A poster here is (and I quote) "scared" of him, yet nothing is done and he is still allowed to post here.

I have advised her to contact the police, but you can help with ensuring that he doesn't post here again.

couldnt agree more.

i have said the same in the past. actually, JLP should be well aware he is accountable for cooperation by omission. if something happens to Iof, they will ask the mods why they didnt act. if it comes that far, i wont be here to defend the mods.
what have i become?
my sweetest friend
everyone i know
goes away in the end
action
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Postby JLP » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:44 pm

fairydandy wrote:Why hasn't the poster known as 'rof', 'For' and 'Clarissa' been banned JLP? A poster here is (and I quote) "scared" of him, yet nothing is done and he is still allowed to post here.

We have no juristriction anywhere other than on QOL. As far as I can see he has broken no rules on here. If he did then we can act of course and will act. Sure I could ban those accounts but that would not stop the harrassment elsewhere.

The best advice I can offer is for the poster in question to contact the police and internet provider with details of what is going on. They may be able to contact the offenders internet provider to take action.
Come on You Tigers
JLP
Admin from Hull
Admin from Hull

Postby JLP » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:47 pm

Taken from the registration page

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “QueenOnline Message Board” is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that “QueenOnline Message Board” have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither “QueenOnline Message Board” nor phpBB shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
Come on You Tigers
JLP
Admin from Hull
Admin from Hull

Postby fairydandy » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:57 pm

JLP wrote:

We have no juristriction anywhere other than on QOL. As far as I can see he has broken no rules on here. If he did then we can act of course and will act. Sure I could ban those accounts but that would not stop the harrassment elsewhere.

The best advice I can offer is for the poster in question to contact the police and internet provider with details of what is going on. They may be able to contact the offenders internet provider to take action.

Action needs to be taken on alias names for a start. Of course 'fairydandy' is not my real name...but everything that I say is said with this one user name. There is a whole host of posters here who have to log onto a little used username to post their true feelings and that is ridiculous.

Personally I would delete all of the three usernames that I gave earlier and ask questions later. I have little time for correctness and a great deal of time for doing what is right.
fairydandy
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby JLP » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:04 pm

fairydandy wrote:
JLP wrote:

Action needs to be taken on alias names for a start. Of course 'fairydandy' is not my real name...but everything that I say is said with this one user name. There is a whole host of posters here who have to log onto a little used username to post their true feelings and that is ridiculous.

Personally I would delete all of the three usernames that I gave earlier and ask questions later. I have little time for correctness and a great deal of time for doing what is right.

People know my opinions on alias accounts too. I don't like the bloody things at all.
Come on You Tigers
JLP
Admin from Hull
Admin from Hull

Postby fairydandy » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:06 pm

JLP wrote:
People know my opinions on alias accounts too. I don't like the bloody things at all.

So? :)
fairydandy
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby WeeMann » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:26 pm

fairydandy wrote:
JLP wrote:

The way I see it is that as long as those aliases aren't breaking any rules, there ain't a great deal that can, legitimately, be done.

However, if an alias is used to break the rules, all the related accounts would benefit from a ban too.

I'm sure we all have an idea who hides behind some of the aliases, so the hiding becomes quite unnecessary after a while anyway.
If Simon Mann did not exist, you would have to make him up The Times - Tues 17 Jun, 2008
WeeMann

Postby action » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:28 pm

WeeMann wrote:
fairydandy wrote:
JLP wrote:

The way I see it is that as long as those aliases aren't breaking any rules, there ain't a great deal that can, legitimately, be done.

However, if an alias is used to break the rules, all the related accounts would benefit from a ban too.

I'm sure we all have an idea who hides behind some of the aliases, so the hiding becomes quite unnecessary after a while anyway.

it's this clinging to the text of the law that has led to so many wrong decisions in the past

we desperately need someone with common sense in the mod team, and sadly the existing members far from qualify
what have i become?
my sweetest friend
everyone i know
goes away in the end
action
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Postby fairydandy » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:44 pm

action wrote:
it's this clinging to the text of the law that has led to so many wrong decisions in the past

we desperately need someone with common sense in the mod team, and sadly the existing members far from qualify

Potty boy is coming along nicely. He's ruthless....and he is burying his wife under the patio. Of course he will deny that, but he admitted as much in a PM. Police informed.
fairydandy
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby fairydandy » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:46 pm

Where is LSR anyway? Time to get rid of him... :P
fairydandy
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby For » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:56 pm

The official Queen forum is thriving, tension high, same problems different suspect, same victim, remember all of this? It's a simple cycle.

Nothing wrong with QOL, I love it here when I get a chance to get on.

Some come on for relaxation, others may come on to vent, and some come for friendship, it's all a very subjective to one's own psyche.

I never mean anything personal on here, I can't stress it enough, even when others are getting personal with me, I don't care much.

Nothing wrong with that poster, I think the user is a very sensitive and nice person, and I would never hurt said user or anyone on a personal level, like an admin stated, I've never clearly broken serious rules on here and never have I even made a personal attack on this site, nor have a hid as an alt account to attack anyone.

I have removed said user from my MSN recently (before this topic was made), and read this line carefully, I will not respond to any of this user's posts or topics ever again on this website.

I will however, be around to carry on my eccentric ways as I continue to annoy, confuse, and mildly entertain the lot of ya.

All the best. Any questions, go For it.
For

Next

Return to QUEENONLINE