Online bullying, harrassment and intimidation

The place to report problems, or give feedback about this message board or the entire Queenonline site.

Re: Online bullying, harrassment and intimidation

Postby bhm0129ad » Sun May 17, 2009 11:02 pm

This place is a hive of bullying and harrassment.
In just seven months, I have made good friends here, and most of them have been driven away by the same select few posters who see fit to rip people apart at their own whim.
When I first re-joined here, I was not in control greatly of my conduct, I was rude to some people, and I was maybe a bit abusive too. I soon saw my posts for what they were, and have since been very careful to be as 'diplomatic' as possible when I feel a critcism is due in relation to a poster or a post.
I see other people making no such restraint or effort to be relatively constructive in their posts - quite the opposite in fact. Certain people seem to enjoy just being offensive and abusive and downright nasty in their approach to others.
If one person has a comment which disagrees or questions the motives of a post, I don't see it as reasonable for the original poster to respond with their NEXT post in an abusive fashion, discounting any validity in the argument - rather trying to undermine and discredit the 'cricisiser' with referrences to other posts, or problems, or just by belittling them in whichever way they see fit.
This place has become a cess-pit of hate and abuse and it is MY opinion that that is by design, at the hands of a select group of - mainly - long term users who seem to think that anyone who 'joined' less than 'so many' years ago or whatever must be driven out if they do not 'toe the party line'
It is disgusting and it is pathetic.
I actually FIRST joined Qol in 2003 and my original username is STILL in the members list - but as I have a different email addy and I cannot remember the pw for that account, I could not 'ressurect' that nym - else maybe I would have been seen differently by some particular people - which in itself shows the hypocrasy and elitism rife on this board.
bhm0129ad
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Ice On Fire » Sun May 17, 2009 11:14 pm

Personally speaking I have had more troubles with a couple of "newer" posters than the long term ones. Odd how that is.
Times have changed and times are strange
Here I come but I ain't the same
Ice On Fire
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Location: The one where you will be the first to forget and you will be the last to remember

Postby bhm0129ad » Sun May 17, 2009 11:24 pm

Ice On Fire wrote:Personally speaking I have had more troubles with a couple of "newer" posters than the long term ones. Odd how that is.

Well, the bullying etc. is not exclusive to the long termers as was my 'disclaimer' with the word 'most', plus of course, YOU are a long-termer yourself IOF.
The people I know who have been driven off were mostly done so by the same group of people however.
Let alone the fact that there is no way of knowing how many newish posters are in fact aliases used by other long term posters. And before anyone give me any garb about IP addys etc., it is more than possible to use either a program to change your IP shown, or indeed use more than one puter. It is very easay to pretend to be someone else, and to avoid bans etc.
Nonetheless, there is no justification for abuse of any kind, especially if it is in response to a valid and otherwise non-abusive comment or post.
There are people I really do not like on here, and some that I have real contempt for, but I still do NOT go out of my way to harass or criticise them and only respond to their trashy posts occasionally. I still get badly flamed and falsely accused anyway though.
bhm0129ad
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Ice On Fire » Sun May 17, 2009 11:37 pm

bhm0129ad wrote:
Ice On Fire wrote:Personally speaking I have had more troubles with a couple of "newer" posters than the long term ones. Odd how that is.

Well, the bullying etc. is not exclusive to the long termers as was my 'disclaimer' with the word 'most', plus of course, YOU are a long-termer yourself IOF.
The people I know who have been driven off were mostly done so by the same group of people however.
Let alone the fact that there is no way of knowing how many newish posters are in fact aliases used by other long term posters. And before anyone give me any garb about IP addys etc., it is more than possible to use either a program to change your IP shown, or indeed use more than one puter. It is very easay to pretend to be someone else, and to avoid bans etc.
Nonetheless, there is no justification for abuse of any kind, especially if it is in response to a valid and otherwise non-abusive comment or post.
There are people I really do not like on here, and some that I have real contempt for, but I still do NOT go out of my way to harass or criticise them and only respond to their trashy posts occasionally. I still get badly flamed and falsely accused anyway though.

Don't even get me started on the aliases who purposely create trouble :bomb: . They know/use all the tricks in the book, not to step over that fine line. Some people here know what I have been through for the past few months, those who don't have an idea, I would not wish it on anyone.
My good friend here has another name, I know her well enough and vice versa she will never use it to hurl abuse. I doubt she ever hid who she was, and all that makes a world of difference.
Ice On Fire
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Location: The one where you will be the first to forget and you will be the last to remember

Postby Innuendoes » Mon May 18, 2009 2:56 am

Silver Rocker wrote:Thanks for the information. As I said, I do not use MySpace, so I had no idea how it works.

This is the link, which you apparently found so difficult to provide...CLICK. However, clicking on Properties makes it obvious that that picture, oddly enough the latest one in that album, was only posted on there today, since it clearly reads "Created: 17/05/2009" - see screen cap below.

This leaves us with the question of why :GOD: would suddenly choose to upload, in the middle of May, a picture created in the Best Christmas Avatar Vote in FC on the 29th December last, to coincide with your post about it in ITTWWC. Been a busy little bee with the link I posted earlier today in ITTWWC, have you? Image

Spoiler! :
Just a little FYI. I was told it would be best if I DID NOT post a photo or screen shot of the page. Ahem... :-)
"Spread the word and try to teach the man
Who is hating his brother,
When hate won’t do,
‘cuz we’re all the same,
yes the blood inside of me is inside of you"
Innuendoes
We Are The Champions
We Are The Champions

Postby Bristol Lass » Mon May 18, 2009 5:05 pm

Innuendoes wrote:
Silver Rocker wrote:Thanks for the information. As I said, I do not use MySpace, so I had no idea how it works.

This leaves us with the question of why :GOD: would suddenly choose to upload, in the middle of May, a picture created in the Best Christmas Avatar Vote in FC on the 29th December last, to coincide with your post about it in ITTWWC. Been a busy little bee with the link I posted earlier today in ITTWWC, have you? Image

Just a little FYI. I was told it would be best if I DID NOT post a photo or screen shot of the page. Ahem... :-)

When I clicked the link and the properties box it brought up todays date (18/05/09) so it is obviously updating each day, the comment underneath though is dated Jan 1. 2009 with is probably more accurate
If Idiots could fly, this place would be an Airport
Bristol Lass
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Innuendoes » Tue May 19, 2009 5:20 pm

Bristol Lass wrote:
Innuendoes wrote:

When I clicked the link and the properties box it brought up todays date (18/05/09) so it is obviously updating each day, the comment underneath though is dated Jan 1. 2009 with is probably more accurate

I noticed that the :GOD: character changed his/her profile too. Took some damaging and/or not very nice comments about a certain poster on here, off their page...
When hate won’t do,
‘cuz we’re all the same,
Innuendoes
We Are The Champions
We Are The Champions

Postby Innuendoes » Tue May 19, 2009 10:42 pm

Someone replied in this thread on 5/19/2009 at 2:44:43 P.M, then deleted their post. Why and why?
When hate won’t do,
‘cuz we’re all the same,
Innuendoes
We Are The Champions
We Are The Champions

Postby Ice On Fire » Wed May 20, 2009 1:11 am

Innuendoes wrote:Someone replied in this thread on 5/19/2009 at 2:44:43 P.M, then deleted their post. Why and why?

I did. Because I am fucking sick of it all.
Ice On Fire
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Postby bhm0129ad » Wed May 20, 2009 6:06 am

Ice, please don't let them 'win' that way. Please don't let them get to you, all they have are words and anyone who follows their words are as insignificant as they are.
They WANT to see you pissed off and to leave here, and if you let them win it will encourage them to continue to do so to others.
You are a great person with a big and kind heart, you don't need to worry about pathetic insults :)
bhm0129ad
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Bluerhapsody » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:59 pm

I am reading this topic and posts with great sadness. One of the great experiences about Queen was the friendliness and supportiveness of the fans which enhanced the live concerts. To the real fans, don`t let anybody get to you and if they try then SHAME ON THEM!
Bluerhapsody
Spread Your Wings
Spread Your Wings

Postby Champs » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:01 pm

Womaan or whatever he's called has suddenly taken it upon himself to start ordering me on how to conduct myself on this board via P/M's. Been here 8 years mate, you? What can I do about it? Complain to admin..? What's the point, the tea party brigade not only have a mod in the door but also one in admin to boot.

Can you put a mod on Dusty's 'I fucking love this Foe list'..?

This place has seriously gone to seed. :(
Double Q calling secret squirrel, over.
Champs
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love

Postby action » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:51 pm

no wonder if he's an irrogant prick. he's a "womaan" :P

Spoiler! :
i'll get my coat :(
what have i become?
my sweetest friend