Online bullying, harrassment and intimidation

The place to report problems, or give feedback about this message board or the entire Queenonline site.

Re: Online bullying, harrassment and intimidation

Postby JLP » Thu May 14, 2009 10:30 am

Innuendoes wrote:
JLP wrote:
Innuendoes wrote:I think the term "alias name" needs to be defined in the rules. If someone has an alias and they never let on who they REALLY are and use the name to harass or pretend to be someone else, that's a REAL alias. Someone who has another name but lets everyone know they are one in the same as another name is not an alias, it's an alternate ID and should be treated differently, don't you all agree?

bear in mind we can see IP addys. That gives a decent idea. And of course anyone who uses an alias for malicious purposes gets dealt with accordingly.

Oh yes, I know you can see our IP addresses. :P

It's just that, do the aliases realize it? :lol:

Anyway, so, why the call by some posters to have all aliases and/or alternate IDs banned? See where I am coming from?

Bear in mind, many ISPs also use the same IP addresses on multiple user's/suscriber's computers so I know that in many cases my IP address comes back identical to ones from scores of people across the USA.

You have no idea how many times I have gone onto a website I have never been on in my life, only to get a message that I cannot access the page because I have been banned. :shock: :lol: I mean, FFS, I have never been there before, how can I already be banned? LOL

That and I have used up my allotted searches for the day when I haven't been on said website in MONTHS. :sleepy:

I actually don't like alias identities.
Come on You Tigers
JLP
Admin from Hull
Admin from Hull

Postby Ice On Fire » Thu May 14, 2009 10:39 am

JLP wrote:[bear in mind we can see IP addys. That gives a decent idea. And of course anyone who uses an alias for malicious purposes gets dealt with accordingly.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=47393&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=60
And yet that is still there. Why?
Times have changed and times are strange
Here I come but I ain't the same
Ice On Fire
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Location: The one where you will be the first to forget and you will be the last to remember

Postby JLP » Thu May 14, 2009 11:03 am

Ice On Fire wrote:
JLP wrote:[bear in mind we can see IP addys. That gives a decent idea. And of course anyone who uses an alias for malicious purposes gets dealt with accordingly.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=47393&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=60
And yet that is still there. Why?

I think my reply to that post explains things quite clearly.
Come on You Tigers
JLP
Admin from Hull
Admin from Hull

Postby Innuendoes » Thu May 14, 2009 5:04 pm

JLP wrote:
Innuendoes wrote:Oh yes, I know you can see our IP addresses. :P

Anyway, so, why the call by some posters to have all aliases and/or alternate IDs banned? See where I am coming from?

Bear in mind, many ISPs also use the same IP addresses on multiple user's/suscriber's computers so I know that in many cases my IP address comes back identical to ones from scores of people across the USA.

You have no idea how many times I have gone onto a website I have never been on in my life, only to get a message that I cannot access the page because I have been banned. :shock: :lol: I mean, FFS, I have never been there before, how can I already be banned? LOL

That and I have used up my allotted searches for the day when I haven't been on said website in MONTHS. :sleepy:

What about alternate IDs, though? Ones that most people who interact with said person behind them, know who they are and they don't make any effort to hide who they are?
"Spread the word and try to teach the man
Who is hating his brother,
When hate won’t do,
‘cuz we’re all the same,
yes the blood inside of me is inside of you"
Innuendoes
We Are The Champions
We Are The Champions

Postby JLP » Thu May 14, 2009 5:32 pm

Innuendoes wrote:
JLP wrote:
Innuendoes wrote:Oh yes, I know you can see our IP addresses. :P

What about alternate IDs, though? Ones that most people who interact with said person behind them, know who they are and they don't make any effort to hide who they are?

the ones who are well known are fine. :)
Come on You Tigers
JLP
Admin from Hull
Admin from Hull

Postby Innuendoes » Thu May 14, 2009 5:44 pm

JLP wrote:
Innuendoes wrote:What about alternate IDs, though? Ones that most people who interact with said person behind them, know who they are and they don't make any effort to hide who they are?

the ones who are well known are fine. :)

Ahh, thankyou. :-)
When hate won’t do,
‘cuz we’re all the same,
Innuendoes
We Are The Champions
We Are The Champions

Postby Queen Mum ^_^ » Fri May 15, 2009 2:41 pm

I have an alias purely for personal reasons but the identity of it remains private (and I still wish it to remain so). The alias has never been used to hurl verbal abuse at anyone though before anyone asks and I think both JLP and Ian know of its identity.
Trying to juggle a full time job, full time Foundation Degree study course, my children and housework - housekeeper/nanny required, apply within
Queen Mum ^_^
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Location: At college, at school, at home - just about everywhere

Postby bhm0129ad » Fri May 15, 2009 5:32 pm

I really don't like the idea of unknown aliases.
I treat people as I find them ( though everyone gets the benefit of the doubt obviously) but I hate the idea of being 'friends' with one 'alias' and rude to another because maybe someone chooses to be an ass with their other nyms.
I don't even see the need to have an alias unless it is to behave in a different way, in which case how do I or anyone know which - if any - of the nyms represent the user better?
I don't believe everything I read, nor do I see people's posts as truly indicative of who the person is, but I do not like the thought of being taken for a fool by someone who has an alias very different to who I think they are - if that makes sense?
Apart from times when a new nym may be needed (like losing a pc/pw or whatever then recovering old info for instance) I think they can only ever really be used for dishonesty or games - and I don't have any time for nonsense and games. Be straight and be proud of who you are.
bhm0129ad
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Innuendoes » Sat May 16, 2009 6:05 pm

Apparently, the :GOD: alias has run someone else off this board. This bullshit with aliases like that HAS TO STOP. I KNOW people on here know who they are. Out them and ban the name for good! :evil:
When hate won’t do,
‘cuz we’re all the same,
Innuendoes
We Are The Champions
We Are The Champions

Postby Silver Rocker » Sun May 17, 2009 2:34 pm

Why don't you 'out' :GOD:, since you apparently seem to know who he is?

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=49663&p=1749354#p1749354
Silver Rocker
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Innuendoes » Sun May 17, 2009 2:46 pm

Silver Rocker wrote:Why don't you 'out' :GOD:, since you apparently seem to know who he is?

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=49663&p=1749354#p1749354

I DON'T know who he is!
When hate won’t do,
‘cuz we’re all the same,
Innuendoes
We Are The Champions
We Are The Champions

Postby Silver Rocker » Sun May 17, 2009 3:12 pm

How strange. In your post in that link today, you claimed that...

He said you did.

A search has revealed no such post from :GOD:.

Since :GOD: has no pm facility, this would seem to indicate that you have been communicating with him under his real user name. If that is not the case, then your claim regarding what "he said" must be fictitious.
Silver Rocker
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby WeeMann » Sun May 17, 2009 3:18 pm

Silver Rocker wrote:How strange. In your post in that link today, you claimed that...

He said you did.

Since :GOD: has no pm facility, this would seem to indicate that you have been communicating with him under his real user name. If that is not the case, then your claim regarding what "he said" must be fictitious.

That may have been -GOD- or --GOD-- or any of the many aliases he has.
If Simon Mann did not exist, you would have to make him up The Times - Tues 17 Jun, 2008
WeeMann

Postby Innuendoes » Sun May 17, 2009 3:36 pm

Silver Rocker wrote:How strange. In your post in that link today, you claimed that...

He said you did.

You're crazy. I've never communicated with that ass in my life.
When hate won’t do,
‘cuz we’re all the same,
Innuendoes
We Are The Champions
We Are The Champions

Postby Innuendoes » Sun May 17, 2009 3:37 pm

He said you did.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1752

DUH.

I didn't say he said you made his avatar on this website. He posted it somewhere else. Ha ha
When hate won’t do,
‘cuz we’re all the same,
Innuendoes
We Are The Champions
We Are The Champions

PreviousNext

Return to QUEENONLINE