QOL "Test" Board Lives Again

The place to report problems, or give feedback about this message board or the entire Queenonline site.

QOL "Test" Board Lives Again

Postby Ian-Highlander » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:55 pm

As everyone probably knows by now I've been shutting down all my servers post split with Kerry and this also meant the old QOL "Test" Board bought the dust as part of this. I had no intentions of replacing this as I don't plan to do any further technical work for QOL unless specifically asked to by EMI (which lets face it is unlikely).

That said however, a few people have messaged me about it and mentioned it on the boards, so to help out anyone that may have issues in the event this site has problems, I've transferred the old "test" board over to a very small server at my new house. This can be accessed through http://test.highlandfox.com and if I've set it up right, the old direct link of http://test.highlandfox.com/qol should start pointing to it shortly too.

I've updated the test board software to the latest version of phpbb3 and will continue to update it as security updates come out, but dont plan on doing much else if anything to it. All previous posts and user accounts have been migrated over from the old test board so if you had an account on it before it should still work. If you didn't it should accept new accounts (pending JLP realising why he's suddenly getting more new account emails :lol: )

Hope this helps the QOL "addicts" feel more secure that they have somewhere to chat if this site goes down at all. :)
Ian-Highlander
There Can Be Only One
There Can Be Only One

Location: Raising Money For "Make-A-Wish Foundation" On http://www.gcrpeople.com

Re: QOL "Test" Board Lives Again

Postby Ice On Fire » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:56 pm

Thank you Ian :D .
Times have changed and times are strange
Here I come but I ain't the same
Ice On Fire
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Location: The one where you will be the first to forget and you will be the last to remember

Postby Taryn » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:38 pm

Thanks Ian, it's comforting to know it's still there. :)
Taryn
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Broooklyn » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:45 pm

Ian is there any chance that TCBOO and Ramirez can be made honorary moderators of the test board? I just can not stand knowing that they are both now unemployed, especially since TCBOO is two weeks pregnant.

Ramirez is a proud bot, as you know and he refuses to live off the goverment, so please, think of his future son or daughter bot and give the man a job. TCBOO on the other hand, well...lets be honest, she is a woman, bot or no bot they are all the same, and of course once you laid them off, she immediately started her teary eyed routine of "there goes our plans and *beeep* hopes for a family *beeeep* in the future *beeeep*" shit, cuz as you know, they are both only 20, so still quite young, which of course put Ramirez, who is a fairly sensitive chap into his cuddle nuzzle mode, which led to a little bot ta bot boom boom, which TCBOO KNEW would happen (Christ...men, bot or no bot are so easily manipulated)...which of course put her overall plan into action which of course was to get Ramirez' seed so she could use the whole parenting thing as a valid reason for not having to go out and work anymore, but I think you should still offer her a job and see what she says. Who knows, perhaps I am wrong about her, and she would love to work while pregnant and then take some time off for a few years after she gives birth, until she gets the little bot into pre-school and then come on back to the workforce.....unless of course she swindles Ramirez....(which she will)...to pop another seed inside her just when things start getting close to the little bot getting ready to go to pre-school, so she can start the whoooooole cycle all over again; but like I said, I could be wrong. So, lets see how it goes. Whaddaya sssshhhhhaaaaay?
ImageImageImage
Broooklyn
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love

Location: When somethin'z broke...I wanna put a bit'a fixin' on it!

Postby JLP » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:15 pm

Ian-Highlander wrote:As everyone probably knows by now I've been shutting down all my servers post split with Kerry and this also meant the old QOL "Test" Board bought the dust as part of this. I had no intentions of replacing this as I don't plan to do any further technical work for QOL unless specifically asked to by EMI (which lets face it is unlikely).

That said however, a few people have messaged me about it and mentioned it on the boards, so to help out anyone that may have issues in the event this site has problems, I've transferred the old "test" board over to a very small server at my new house. This can be accessed through http://test.highlandfox.com and if I've set it up right, the old direct link of http://test.highlandfox.com/qol should start pointing to it shortly too.

I've updated the test board software to the latest version of phpbb3 and will continue to update it as security updates come out, but dont plan on doing much else if anything to it. All previous posts and user accounts have been migrated over from the old test board so if you had an account on it before it should still work. If you didn't it should accept new accounts (pending JLP realising why he's suddenly getting more new account emails :lol: )

Hope this helps the QOL "addicts" feel more secure that they have somewhere to chat if this site goes down at all. :)

nooooooooooo I already get 100 plus a day from QOL. Less than 1% of which actually get through.
Come on You Tigers
JLP
Admin from Hull
Admin from Hull

Postby Ian-Highlander » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:29 pm

JLP wrote:nooooooooooo I already get 100 plus a day from QOL. Less than 1% of which actually get through.

Heh, shouldn't get many mate, its fairly unlikely the spammers will find it attractive enough to hit even if they find it, if they do we'll address that then ;)
Ian-Highlander
There Can Be Only One
There Can Be Only One

Location: Raising Money For "Make-A-Wish Foundation" On http://www.gcrpeople.com

Postby _Bijou_ » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:34 pm

Thanks Ian. :)
_Bijou_
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love

Postby Ice On Fire » Sun May 03, 2009 1:16 am

I have a question to do with the test board. If someone deletes from here, does it affect it the test board as well :? .
Times have changed and times are strange
Here I come but I ain't the same
Ice On Fire
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Location: The one where you will be the first to forget and you will be the last to remember

Postby Knute » Sun May 03, 2009 1:25 am

Ice On Fire wrote:I have a question to do with the test board. If someone deletes from here, does it affect it the test board as well :? .

Well no, it's a completely self-contained different site on somebody's home server.
Knute
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Return to QUEENONLINE