Similar names/accounts.

The place to report problems, or give feedback about this message board or the entire Queenonline site.

Re: ueen fa

Postby action » Sun May 10, 2009 3:39 pm

Innuendoes wrote:
jake wrote:changed mine now 8)

You better change it again. Jake is well known all over the internet as a Queen fan and I know him very well. You are not, nor will you ever be Jake. Please change it to something else. :?

if people ask me to do something, i do the exact opposite 8)

maybe i am called jake in real life. many people are called jake.
what have i become?
my sweetest friend
everyone i know
goes away in the end
action
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Re: ueen fa

Postby Innuendoes » Sun May 10, 2009 6:08 pm

bastards wrote:
Innuendoes wrote:
jake wrote:changed mine now 8)

You better change it again. Jake is well known all over the internet as a Queen fan and I know him very well. You are not, nor will you ever be Jake. Please change it to something else. :?

if people ask me to do something, i do the exact opposite 8)

maybe i am called jake in real life. many people are called jake.

action, I am not trying to be mean to you and I hope you realize that. I know Jake from talking to him for 2 years. I can't say what I know other than he truly is a very nice guy who was terribly messed up at one time in his life and he has changed VERY MUCH. He's also, now, the father of a BEAUTIFUL baby boy who is now 2 years old.

I know he watches what goes on, on here. He will have seen that you used his name. He won't like it one bit.

Just think if someone impersonated you on a different Queen message board or how I would react if suddenly there was someone called Innuendoes on one. I would be furious.

When Dusty had his board, people on there were asking me why some other board hosted by Boardnation wasn't working and why I wasn't fixing things etc, etc. It turns out the owner of that Boardnation message board had called herself Innuendoes as well and they were all calling her Inny, too and thought we were one in the same. To be honest, I was furious. You see?
"Spread the word and try to teach the man
Who is hating his brother,
When hate won’t do,
‘cuz we’re all the same,
yes the blood inside of me is inside of you"
Innuendoes
We Are The Champions
We Are The Champions

Re: Similar names/accounts.

Postby Ian-Highlander » Sun May 10, 2009 7:13 pm

Sorry Inny, I fail to see your point, how can you possibly expect to have any say over what people call themselves on the internet? Just how many Queen related names for example are there likely to be. Innuendos being a very well know "Queen" word how can you possibly justify being "furious" because someone completely unrelated on an unrelated board chose to use that name too? Do you have any idea how many Highlander's there are out there for example?

Don't agree with you and although knowing action he probably did do it to court controversy. It's most certainly not something that anyone has the right to stop him doing. (IMHO of course).
Ian-Highlander
There Can Be Only One
There Can Be Only One

Location: Raising Money For "Make-A-Wish Foundation" On http://www.gcrpeople.com

Postby Innuendoes » Sun May 10, 2009 7:22 pm

Ian-Highlander wrote:Sorry Inny, I fail to see your point, how can you possibly expect to have any say over what people call themselves on the internet? Just how many Queen related names for example are there likely to be. Innuendos being a very well know "Queen" word how can you possibly justify being "furious" because someone completely unrelated on an unrelated board chose to use that name too? Do you have any idea how many Highlander's there are out there for example?

Don't agree with you and although knowing action he probably did do it to court controversy. It's most certainly not something that anyone has the right to stop him doing. (IMHO of course).

Ian, I don't know what your problem with me is but you certainly seem to have one. I am also not Innuendos, but Innuendoes. There IS a difference.

Anyway, I can't stop anyone from doing anything, can I? Therefore, why the lecture?
When hate won’t do,
‘cuz we’re all the same,
Innuendoes
We Are The Champions
We Are The Champions

Postby Ian-Highlander » Sun May 10, 2009 7:25 pm

Sorry? I have a problem with you? Eh? Just where exactly did that come from? I made a comment on a thread giving my opinion (a valid one at that) on a post you'd made. This is a message board last time I looked, I didn't attack you, I didn't have a go at you, I simply made a point. If you believe that's me "having a problem with you" then you truly are a very paranoid lady.

Sorry, I will ignore everything you post from now on, I'm not going to reply to a thread with a genuine post to simply be cut down and accused of "having a problem" with people I don't even know. No skin off my nose hon, it's simply a message board, nothing more. :)
Ian-Highlander
There Can Be Only One
There Can Be Only One

Location: Raising Money For "Make-A-Wish Foundation" On http://www.gcrpeople.com

Postby Innuendoes » Sun May 10, 2009 7:30 pm

Ian-Highlander wrote:Sorry? I have a problem with you? Eh? Just where exactly did that come from? I made a comment on a thread giving my opinion (a valid one at that) on a post you'd made. This is a message board last time I looked, I didn't attack you, I didn't have a go at you, I simply made a point. If you believe that's me "having a problem with you" then you truly are a very paranoid lady.

Sorry, I will ignore everything you post from now on, I'm not going to reply to a thread with a genuine post to simply be cut down and accused of "having a problem" with people I don't even know. No skin off my nose hon, it's simply a message board, nothing more. :)

This isn't the first time, Ian. You've already told me off before about me jokingly talking about my "computer issues". What am I supposed to think?

Maybe you come off sounding like you are being authoratative when you don't mean to sound that way. I dunno.
When hate won’t do,
‘cuz we’re all the same,
Innuendoes
We Are The Champions
We Are The Champions

Postby Gordie » Sun May 10, 2009 7:41 pm

I seen someone called Fairlyrandy a while back :lol:
Gordie
The Show Must Go On
The Show Must Go On

Location: ...that they are recognised and have your undivided attention.

Postby Ice On Fire » Mon May 11, 2009 8:22 am

I can see where Inny is coming from. Oh so very much.
Regular posters would know action no matter what name he used, but newbies may be confused by similar names/accounts.
Times have changed and times are strange
Here I come but I ain't the same
Ice On Fire
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Location: The one where you will be the first to forget and you will be the last to remember

Postby Bad Guy » Tue May 12, 2009 12:14 pm

Didn't the poster with the username Jake get banned from here? :?
LEWIS HAMILTON & JENSON BUTTON - McLAREN'S 2010 DREAM TEAM!
Bad Guy
BOPOS
BOPOS

Postby Innuendoes » Tue May 12, 2009 8:36 pm

Bad Guy wrote:Didn't the poster with the username Jake get banned from here? :?

Yes he did.
When hate won’t do,
‘cuz we’re all the same,
Innuendoes
We Are The Champions
We Are The Champions

Postby Innuendoes » Tue May 12, 2009 8:37 pm

Innuendoes wrote:
Bad Guy wrote:Didn't the poster with the username Jake get banned from here? :?

Yes he did.

Actually, Jake is his real name. He went by many, many names on here because at that time, we could change our names at will and he seemed to change his every couple of days.
When hate won’t do,
‘cuz we’re all the same,
Innuendoes
We Are The Champions
We Are The Champions

Previous

Return to QUEENONLINE