The UK election 2010

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related)

Who will you vote for in 2010?

Labour
7
20%
Conservative
17
49%
Lib-Dems
6
17%
UK-IP
0
No votes
BNP
2
6%
Greens
2
6%
Others
1
3%
 
Total votes : 35

Re: The UK election 2010

Postby Martin1988 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:46 pm

Belle Leisha wrote:Lord above Martin that's long even for me. :P

That's what she said.

Belle Leisha wrote:No, the illusion of democracy works the way you're decribing, not real democracy. Real democracy would not include a compromised Government. I certainly think if you were to ask either Gordon Brown, David Cameron or any of the no-hopers in the running (I'm saying that, while planing to Vote Lib Dems... :roll: ) , they would not be quick to say the Government does not serve the people.

Duuh, of course. How else can they continue their power lust to get over the fact their daddy didn't love them?


Belle Leisha wrote:You seem to be under the mistaken impression I think any of the available parties are going to answer all current issues. You don't really have a choice about whether you go along with Government, we have a collective choice between parties who will all have their pros and cons.

That government is non-voluntary is a bug, not a feature. There is also no such thing as a "collective choice". Only individuals have minds, thus only individuals can consent.

Belle Leisha wrote:Some have more weighted to either side, most will have a terminal flaw for individual voters. The conservatives are they, for me. I'm not sure you can say we're in a lose/lose situation in this country, we have our problems but we don't have a national debt of a squillion pounds and a yearly starvation death toll of 35'000 children, we're not doing too badly.


Belle Leisha wrote:Why would the alternative to moving into the private sector be a gang of thugs?

Because that's all the state is, or can be.


Belle Leisha wrote:See I've read Road to Serfdom, it was a present from a decidely Tory friend, :lol: and I think you can pretty much gather from the title that is wasn't about to end with a fair review on Marxist or even socialist principles.

It was actually quite sympathetic to socialist ideals, I found. Mises's Omnipotent Government: The rise of total state and total war was better. As for myself, I still ask myself how egalitarianism and statism can be reconciled. I don't think they can.

Belle Leisha wrote:So on one hand we have it being taken as absolute fact that what makes a good Government is the state of the economy, yet the Government don't serve the capital? Or the people.

Some say that's what makes a good economy. I sure don't, so I disagree with that.
Belle Leisha wrote:The state serves the state is just a 'fuck the Government', meaningless faux anarchy statement, given there's no outline of what "the state" entails there.

THere's many different uses of the word, mine is invariably the political institutions that claim a "right" to use coercive force upon its citizens. And thus, a tool of exploitation.
Some say that's what makes a good economy. I sure don't, so I disagree with that.
҉̔̕̚̕̚҉ ~HE ͡҉ ҉̔̕WHO͡҉ ҉̔̕̚̕̚҉ ~ ҉̵̞̟ WA͡҉ ҉̔̕̚~ ҉̵̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇ITS BEHIND ͡҉ ҉̔̕̚̕̚҉ ~ ҉
User avatar
Martin1988
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now
 
Posts: 4613
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:14 pm
Location: Ignorance is taking over. And it doesn't even know it.

Re: The UK election 2010

Postby Belle Leisha » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:09 am

Oh fuck, right off. :funny2: :funny2: :funny2:


An election is pretty much only possibly described, as collective choice. We as individuals vote, we as a colective get a result. There's very little point in saying well I'm going to go and fox hunt because I voted Conservative in the last election.

Yes it's sympathetic to socialist ideals in that way that people say Communism works in theory, as if Karl Marx wasn't a political economist who probably had some idea of what works in practice, had his idea ever been put into practive rather than some twisted facist version of it.

I'm not sure what you're disagreeing with. I don't think a good economy necessarily equates to a good Government, in fact in certain cases quite the opposite. The economy would seem to be most people's priorities but again, relatively speaking our economy is really nothing to complain about.
Image


I'm a restless kinda gal, there's No Turning Back Now

http://www.phoenixfirefoundation.com
User avatar
Belle Leisha
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free
 
Posts: 11778
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Never a FarCry from here...

Re: The UK election 2010

Postby Martin1988 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:17 am

An election is pretty much only possibly described, as collective choice. We as individuals vote, we as a colective get a result. There's very little point in saying well I'm going to go and fox hunt because I voted Conservative in the last election.

This would all be well and good if we were in a voluntary organisation such as a co-op where we are free to leave, but we're not. We're dealing with an organisation that's going to use force against us no matter what.
҉̔̕̚̕̚҉ ~HE ͡҉ ҉̔̕WHO͡҉ ҉̔̕̚̕̚҉ ~ ҉̵̞̟ WA͡҉ ҉̔̕̚~ ҉̵̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇ITS BEHIND ͡҉ ҉̔̕̚̕̚҉ ~ ҉
User avatar
Martin1988
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now
 
Posts: 4613
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:14 pm
Location: Ignorance is taking over. And it doesn't even know it.

Re: The UK election 2010

Postby CoolCat » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:50 pm

When are the 3 musketeers doing a live debate on TV?
User avatar
CoolCat
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now
 
Posts: 4318
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:53 pm
Location: Nottinghamshire, UK

Re: The UK election 2010

Postby JLP » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:04 pm

CoolCat wrote:When are the 3 musketeers doing a live debate on TV?


tomorrow night.
Come on You Tigers
User avatar
JLP
Admin from Hull
Admin from Hull
 
Posts: 23439
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2003 10:29 am
Location: The Premiership 2009-10

Re: The UK election 2010

Postby CoolCat » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:08 pm

JLP wrote:
CoolCat wrote:When are the 3 musketeers doing a live debate on TV?


tomorrow night.

Can't wait ;)
User avatar
CoolCat
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now
 
Posts: 4318
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:53 pm
Location: Nottinghamshire, UK

Re: The UK election 2010

Postby JLP » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:29 am

Doubt I will watch to be honest.
Come on You Tigers
User avatar
JLP
Admin from Hull
Admin from Hull
 
Posts: 23439
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2003 10:29 am
Location: The Premiership 2009-10

Previous

Return to IS THIS THE WORLD WE CREATED?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests