Electromagnetism is homeopathic.

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related)

Electromagnetism is homeopathic.

Postby Martin1988 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:18 pm

That homeopathy demo was today.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... l?ITO=1490

That's all well and good, but the comments are a must read.

Their choice of action proves how little 10:23 actually understand about how homeopathy works, they have evidently ignored the information provided by the Society of Homeopaths. As it is an electro-magnetic medicine there is no more frequency in 50 tablets than 1, so you can't 'overdose'. They would have proved more by taking just 1 of the highest possible potency, which you cannot buy in Boots anyway. All this stunt has gained is fleeting publicity.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... z0e74oSp1N

Amazing.
Last edited by Martin1988 on Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
҉̔̕̚̕̚҉ ~HE ͡҉ ҉̔̕WHO͡҉ ҉̔̕̚̕̚҉ ~ ҉̵̞̟ WA͡҉ ҉̔̕̚~ ҉̵̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇ITS BEHIND ͡҉ ҉̔̕̚̕̚҉ ~ ҉
Martin1988
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Location: Ignorance is taking over. And it doesn't even know it.

Re: Homeopathy is electromagnetic.

Postby Delilah » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:38 pm

That settles it. Homeopathy is officially a religion.
Delilah
I'm a pretty c**t

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Heh, the comments are the best bit. There's one chap called Steve claiming that Science says bees can't fly (which a simple Google search will instantly disprove), so therefore science doesn't know everything, which obviously must then mean that he knows everything, so homeopathy must work. By Dawkins this is ridiculous...
Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because the only element he recognizes is the element of surprise.
Bomber Harris
Spread Your Wings
Spread Your Wings

Postby Belle Leisha » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:54 pm

Delilah wrote:That settles it. Homeopathy is officially a religion.

Oh f*ck off, you aren't blaming religion for this. :P

I'm a restless kinda gal, there's No Turning Back Now

http://www.phoenixfirefoundation.com
Belle Leisha
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Postby noone » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:09 pm

Good Christ another thread about how bad homeopathy is!
I want all you who are putting all this energy into being against homeopathy to go to your food pantries and see how much of your food contains high fructrose corn syrup.
http://www.helium.com/items/420475-the- ... corn-syrup

http://www.thenutritionreporter.com/fru ... ngers.html

http://www.sugarshockblog.com/2009/05/h ... acts-.html

Now this is a health risk that we, all of us, are putting into our bodies several times a day!
noone
We Will Rock You
We Will Rock You

Postby Belle Leisha » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:32 pm

But nobody is suggesting homeopathy is a health risk because of people taking it, it's the things (medicine) they aren't taking because of it. It's also not the people taking it that are being talked about, it's the people selling water as medicine which is just categorically wrong, best case scenario it does nothing and nothing was needed, worst case scenario it does nothing and the person dies. This isn't just some massive bandwagon sceptics are jumping on to wind people up, it's very serious and extremely concerning that this stuff is not being more widely opposed.

Belle Leisha
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Postby noone » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:00 pm

HFCS is something everyfuckingbody is eating though. I would think that should be a higher concern. It is to me. You know its damn hard to find things out there without it and still stay within a budget. I was at the store. Not one damn loaf of bread was without it of all the brands they were selling there.
noone
We Will Rock You
We Will Rock You

Postby Belle Leisha » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:04 pm

Autumngirl wrote:HFCS is something everyfuckingbody is eating though. I would think that should be a higher concern. It is to me. You know its damn hard to find things out there without it and still stay within a budget. I was at the store. Not one damn loaf of bread was without it of all the brands they were selling there.

But that's people's choice! We east stuff that's terrible for us, the ingredients are there on the products and there isn't someone seeling it to us claiming it's something it's not. If people CHOOSE to put crap in their bodies that's their personal concern. Homoepathy is a concern because people are being severely misled, the direct result of which could be death! Not just their death either, but as has already been the case, the death of children these misled and ill informed people are neglecting to give proper medical treament when it's needed.

Belle Leisha
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Postby noone » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:51 pm

There are tv adds saying HFCS is perfectly safe. But whatever, if you want to keep concerning yourself with this homeopathy go for it. I think there are much bigger things out there to be concerned with.
noone
We Will Rock You
We Will Rock You

Postby Delilah » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:57 pm

Belle Leisha wrote:
Delilah wrote:That settles it. Homeopathy is officially a religion.

Oh f*ck off, you aren't blaming religion for this. :P

Gotcha. :lol:
Delilah
I'm a pretty c**t

Postby Belle Leisha » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:39 am

Autumngirl wrote:There are tv adds saying HFCS is perfectly safe. But whatever, if you want to keep concerning yourself with this homeopathy go for it. I think there are much bigger things out there to be concerned with.

There are much bigger things out there to be concerned with, and much bigger places to discuss them than the necessarily trivial medium of a Queen forum. People in general don't spent their entire lives concerned only with the biggest of issues and if they did, HFCS would probably be considered just as small an issue as Homeopathy is to you. How much do you think HFCS effects the third world, for example, in my opinion the single biggest all encompassing overriding issue in the world? If you do think it's a huge a much more important issue, you're free to make a thread about it. I do wonder though, how impressed you'd be if someone respond to that quite as dismissively as you have to this.

Belle Leisha
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Postby Elessar » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:00 am

I've been in bed all day with a fever, so wasn't able to do the mass overdose sadly. I do sort of agree that the demonstration was in some ways pointless, because homeopaths openly say that you can't OD on it. They're claims of chemical memory are silly of course, but there's no point in proving it's not medicine by showing that if you OD on it it won't harm you, whereas ODing on medicine will, therefore it's not medicine. The only real way to prove that homeopathy doesn't work is with double-blind clinical trials - and every such trial had shown, unsurprisingly, that it doesn't work at any level other than placebo level. Unfortunately to get people's attention, scientific journal papers aren't as effective as publicity stunts, and the compromise is that the publicity stunts have to misrepresent homeopathy almost as much as the homeopaths do.

It was an interesting idea though, and if it saves any lives then the means are justified by the ends.

I'm glad I felt too ill to get out of bed though - if I'd felt well enough to take some homeopathy, chances are I'd have felt better within a few hours, which would have been slightly awkward!
Elessar
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love

Location: Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see

Postby Elessar » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:16 am

And even if we forget the people who have died because they've used homeopathy instead of medicine, or trials in Africa to test homeopathic remedies on AIDS patients, depriving them of their essential retroviral drugs, I think it's still a very important issue.

It's a microcosm of the way in which too many people form beliefs, and is one that can and has been disproved many times. As soon as we can start looking at statistics instead of anecdotes, and learn the difference between causation and correlation, and learn about how probability works, the sooner we will solve many of our other social, political, economic, environmental and international problems.

Homeopathy being completely revealed as a con won't achieve all of that, but publicising the correct applications of science and statistics may well.
Elessar
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love

Postby Elessar » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:30 pm

As for the corn syrup scare-mongering, here's a list of things the Daily Mail says causes cancer:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=269512464297
Elessar
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love

Postby WeeMann » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:43 pm

Elessar wrote:As for the corn syrup scare-mongering, here's a list of things the Daily Mail says causes cancer:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=269512464297

Shit. Don't let the lady in your life see No 22 :shock:
If Simon Mann did not exist, you would have to make him up The Times - Tues 17 Jun, 2008
WeeMann

Next

Return to IS THIS THE WORLD WE CREATED?