Electromagnetism is homeopathic.

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related)

Re: Electromagnetism is homeopathic.

Postby Elessar » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:57 am

Delilah wrote:
Elessar wrote:Having never actually had a migraine, I can't speak from experience, but my understand is that migraines are very different to headaches. Not just in terms of severity, but in general symptoms. Migraines may involve an aura, phantom smells, and tend to be one-sided. Painkillers might help a little bit, but proper migraine medication such as sumatriptan (any 5HT agonist, really) is the way forward.

Or opiates of course. They'll make pretty much anything feel better.

Yeah, morphine would be best for it. Get high enough and even if it still hurts, you just can't bring yourself to care. I love morphine.

Migraines might be proof of Satan. I don't get the phantom smells, but things can get a bit fuzzy around the edges and I tend to throw up if I'm in a situation where I can't go and lay down in complete darkness curled in the fetal position contemplating how likely I would be to commit suicide if I ever got a permanent migraine.

Why don't they make morphine legal? I can't really see any problems...

I had absolutely appalling earache around Christmas. I think I posted here about it. I just had a bit of a cold really, but I guess my sinuses ended up getting infected and it lead to this horrible earache. I texted my mum at about 5am asking her if she had any antibiotics, and she realised that me being awake at 5am clearly meant I was in genuine pain, so she gave me some dihydrocodeine. Yeaahhhhhh.

They sold that over-the-counter with paracetamol for a while, but had to withdraw it because people realised that one half was paracetamol and the other half was codeine, so were cutting the tablets in half and getting high. That's the way to do it.
Elessar
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love

Location: Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see

Postby Belle Leisha » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:59 am

Elessar wrote:

I had absolutely appalling earache around Christmas. I think I posted here about it. I just had a bit of a cold really, but I guess my sinuses ended up getting infected and it lead to this horrible earache. I texted my mum at about 5am asking her if she had any antibiotics, and she realised that me being awake at 5am clearly meant I was in genuine pain, so she gave me some dihydrocodeine. Yeaahhhhhh.

They sold that over-the-counter with paracetamol for a while, but had to withdraw it because people realised that one half was paracetamol and the other half was codeine, so were cutting the tablets in half and getting high. That's the way to do it.

That's exactly what happened to me! Including waking my mom up at 5am! Although it was probably less the time and more my persistent bawling that clued her in to the pain. :oops:

How come yours didn't perforate? :lol:

I'm a restless kinda gal, there's No Turning Back Now

http://www.phoenixfirefoundation.com
Belle Leisha
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Postby Elessar » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:02 am

Belle Leisha wrote:
Elessar wrote:

That's exactly what happened to me! Including waking my mom up at 5am! Although it was probably less the time and more my persistent bawling that clued her in to the pain. :oops:

How come yours didn't perforate? :lol:

Well as well as asking my mum for antibiotics, I also asked if she had a syringe. I then started squirting warm water into my middle ear at high speed - it would always produce temporary relief. Maybe it had a long-term effect as well. By that time, the codeine was working and I was probably dreaming about blue elephants.

My rule of thumb when it comes to painkillers is to look at the recommended doseage, and double it. Recommended doseages are for wimps. :lol:
Elessar
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love

Postby Delilah » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:06 am

Belle Leisha wrote:Yep, there's nothing more annoying than someone with a headache who claims it turned into a migraine, there's no turning, if you get a migraine you will know about it! :P And I don't know if this is universal but they run in my family and we all find their headache is the last thing to come along, and it's different to normal headaches. It starts with light sensitivity, like there's a torch shining directly in one of your eyes and everywhere you look it follows. Then you get weird things like one hand, arm or entire side goes numb, vision, depth perception, speech, even just trying to think through any complicated like numbers, feels muddled, some people get sick, then once all that has calmed down a bit you get a very distinctive "four screws" headache. Aptly named. That lingers, for several days afterwards if you move too quickly or lean down it pangs a bit.

Nice, overall.

Does caffeine work Dee? The only thing that ever works, mainly because it's about the only option with bad ones, is sleep, caffeine might hinder that a bit!

Wow, I guess migraines are such personal and individualized lovely little things. The start of mine aren't quite that extreme, but it's definitely an unmistakable feeling. If I get in bed with the covers over my head and get to sleep before it hits, that's by far the best solution. Mine start with this really hard to explain feeling of being separate from my body/disassociated, my vision starts to get a bit weird, I get flaky( :P ) and can't concentrate, and the light sensitivity hits. That's usually when I want to go find my bed check out of life for a while. If I don't, the headache and the vomiting hit. Headache is such a gentle word for it...yeah, I hate it when people call their headaches "migraines". I guess I'm jealous, if they can have what they consider to be a bad headache and still function and smile.

Oh yeah, and isn't that day or more afterwards where you feel like you have a mild hangover just the best?

Well....I do have a major caffeine addiction. I can drink coffee right up until bedtime and fall asleep just fine.
Last edited by Delilah on Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Delilah
I'm a pretty c**t

Postby Delilah » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:07 am

Elessar wrote:Why don't they make morphine legal? I can't really see any problems...

Ha. :lol: Me neither, aside from me selling all my belongings and neglecting to feed the kids so that I could get my high. :P

That's seriously good stuff. I was so sad when they took it away from me after my c-sections.
Delilah
I'm a pretty c**t

Postby Delilah » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:08 am

Belle Leisha wrote:Although it was probably less the time and more my persistent bawling that clued her in to the pain. :oops:

You're such a girl. :P
Delilah
I'm a pretty c**t

Postby Belle Leisha » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:09 am

Elessar wrote:
Well as well as asking my mum for antibiotics, I also asked if she had a syringe. I then started squirting warm water into my middle ear at high speed - it would always produce temporary relief. Maybe it had a long-term effect as well. By that time, the codeine was working and I was probably dreaming about blue elephants.

My rule of thumb when it comes to painkillers is to look at the recommended doseage, and double it. Recommended doseages are for wimps. :lol:

Oh it was probably the antibiotics, my doctor while giggling with glee at such an unusual ailment eventually prescribed them about a week later. That was evil though, for something that seemed like just a cold, you don't expect that, just before Christmas!

I wanted to nick my dad's knock out chronic back pain pills but apparently that's for "real" pain. She didn't feel that earache, how is it possible for your ears to hurt so much your teeth sort of join in?

Belle Leisha
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Postby Belle Leisha » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:09 am

Delilah wrote:
Belle Leisha wrote:Although it was probably less the time and more my persistent bawling that clued her in to the pain. :oops:

You're such a girl. :P

It's not even funny it's just true. Utter wimp. Flaky as they come.

Belle Leisha
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Postby Elessar » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:10 am

People think heroin is all about injections - you can get it in tiny little tablets! Tiny little 5mm wide bundles of joy!
Elessar
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love

Postby Elessar » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:11 am

Belle Leisha wrote:
Elessar wrote:

Oh it was probably the antibiotics, my doctor while giggling with glee at such an unusual ailment eventually prescribed them about a week later. That was evil though, for something that seemed like just a cold, you don't expect that, just before Christmas!

I wanted to nick my dad's knock out chronic back pain pills but apparently that's for "real" pain. She didn't feel that earache, how is it possible for your ears to hurt so much your teeth sort of join in?

Back pain? It's probably just diclofenac. Booooring. I mean, it works, so that's good, but it's not fun. If it's codeine, now that's worth trying. Make sure you don't have any pkans for the next 12 hours or so though, because you will be a zombie.
Elessar
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love

Postby Belle Leisha » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:12 am

Delilah wrote:
Wow, I guess migraines are such personal and individualized lovely little things. The start of mine aren't quite that extreme, but it's definitely an unmistakable feeling. If I get in bed with the covers over my head and get to sleep before it hits, that's by far the best solution. Mine start with this really hard to explain feeling of being separate from my body/disassociated, my vision starts to get a bit weird, I get flaky( :P ) and can't concentrate, and the light sensitivity hits. That's usually when I want to go find my bed check out of life for a while. If I don't, the headache and the vomiting hit. Headache is such a gentle word for it...yeah, I hate it when people call their headaches "migraines". I guess I'm jealous, if they can have what they consider to be a bad headache and still function and smile.

Oh yeah, and isn't that day or more afterwards where you feel like you have a mild hangover just the best?

Lovely aren't they. Yes it's not a headache, it's like someone set fire to your brain. :P

Belle Leisha
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Postby Belle Leisha » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:13 am

Elessar wrote:
Back pain? It's probably just diclofenac. Booooring. I mean, it works, so that's good, but it's not fun. If it's codeine, now that's worth trying. Make sure you don't have any pkans for the next 12 hours or so though, because you will be a zombie.

It's not, codeine is the one for when it's not as bad. There's another one that just knocks you clean out, I'm trying to find the name now...

Belle Leisha
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Postby Delilah » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:14 am

Elessar wrote:Back pain? It's probably just diclofenac. Booooring. I mean, it works, so that's good, but it's not fun. If it's codeine, now that's worth trying. Make sure you don't have any pkans for the next 12 hours or so though, because you will be a zombie.

I've gotten codeine cough syrup twice in the past for bronchitis. After the first dose, I decided to make it last until I could really enjoy it when I was no longer sick. That's the only way I can take codeine without vomiting, in a syrup. The pills wreck me. I could be such a drug addict.
Last edited by Delilah on Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Delilah
I'm a pretty c**t

Postby Elessar » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:15 am

Belle Leisha wrote:
Elessar wrote:

It's not, codeine is the one for when it's not as bad. There's another one that just knocks you clean out, I'm trying to find the name now...

OxyContin?
Elessar
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love

Postby Elessar » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:16 am

Delilah wrote:
Elessar wrote:Back pain? It's probably just diclofenac. Booooring. I mean, it works, so that's good, but it's not fun. If it's codeine, now that's worth trying. Make sure you don't have any pkans for the next 12 hours or so though, because you will be a zombie.

I've gotten codeine cough syrup twice in the past for bronchitis. After the first dose, I decided to make it last until I could really enjoy it when I was no longer sick. That's the only way I can take codeine without vomiting. I could be such a drug addict.

Take some cyclizine beforehand, that'll stop the vomiting.

Seriously, coming up with hangover cures when you have a cupboard full of cancer medication is so much fun. You really can cure any hangover.
Elessar
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love

PreviousNext

Return to IS THIS THE WORLD WE CREATED?