Jon Venables

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related)

Re: Jon Venables

Postby _Bijou_ » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:25 am

Delilah wrote:
_Bijou_ wrote:And the common remark, well that's just me, sorry. The comment that most 20 year olds go out drinking makes me less optimistic about people my own age. I would rather not see the trollops falling out of clubs and fighting in the streets. To me, "common" is the only word that springs to mind. I don't think women with sick down their clothes can be labeled as "classy". If people from here act like that, well my thoughts on that are above. Not for me I'm afraid.

I've been drunk many a time and I've never been opposed to casual sex. I realize that lowers your opinion of me. You call it "common", I call it "youth". I'm all manner of responsible and upstanding. I have no criminal record, I have a college degree, a decent job, and I'm a decent mother. It's just a normal part of growing up for a large percentage of society. But if we're labeling people, this whole "trollops" and "common" nonsense makes you sound like an incredibly judgmental prude. Hey, that sounds mean, doesn't it? And yet, you being against drinking and casual sex and me being okay with those things have absolutely nothing to do with our opinions on Jon Venables. Furthermore, I don't take offense at you being against drinking and screwing. We're all different. And I'm definitely too much of a smartass to ever qualify as "classy", and I'm rather happy about that.

Touché. I realise the my attitude to it would be called prudish. I'm sorry if I do seem too far up my own backside. That kind of lifestyle just really doesn't appeal to me. Sorry if I offended anyone on here with my remarks but as this thread has been pretty strong with opinion, I may as well be honest regarding that.
_Bijou_
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love

Postby Delilah » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:02 pm

_Bijou_ wrote:Touché. I realise the my attitude to it would be called prudish. I'm sorry if I do seem too far up my own backside. That kind of lifestyle just really doesn't appeal to me. Sorry if I offended anyone on here with my remarks but as this thread has been pretty strong with opinion, I may as well be honest regarding that.

My feelings weren't hurt and I never mind being offended. No worries there.

It's perfectly fine that drinking and casual sex do not appeal to you. I would never judge you for that. Not drinking and not having many sex partners in life can certainly keep you healthier. Nothing wrong with that. It's not as if I'm a drunken whore anyway. Drunken trollop, I mean. I like that one better. :P It's that I've been there/done that party scene and it didn't make me less of a person, so I don't judge others on it. I wouldn't change it for anything, because it was flat-out fun. I gained life experience and I don't feel like I missed out on anything. No harm, no foul.
Delilah
I'm a pretty c**t

Postby Elessar » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:15 pm

This is what happens when people think they know his real identity:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/mar/0 ... mie-bulger
Elessar
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love

Location: Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see

Postby Elessar » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:43 pm

Logic:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/q ... 550915.stm

And what the hell has happened to Vorderman? Is she trying to be the British Sarah Palin?
Elessar
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love

Postby fairydandy » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:25 pm

Elessar wrote:Logic:

And what the hell has happened to Vorderman? Is she trying to be the British Sarah Palin?

I have already commented about Vorderman on that programme. She was a complete and utter twat.
fairydandy
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Belle Leisha » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:55 pm

There's something about Question Time, it seems like you can't be on it and not be idiotic.

I'm a restless kinda gal, there's No Turning Back Now

http://www.phoenixfirefoundation.com
Belle Leisha
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Postby play it cool » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:57 pm

I don't always agree with what Will Self has to say but he was bang on the money with this one. Society seems to be demonising those two boys over and above adult killers, many of whom will have had malice aforethought.
play it cool
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Elessar » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:56 am

play it cool wrote:

I don't always agree with what Will Self has to say but he was bang on the money with this one. Society seems to be demonising those two boys over and above adult killers, many of whom will have had malice aforethought.

I hardly know anything about Will Self, but his comments on Question Time make me want to find out more. I thought he was absolutely spot on, and very brave to voice that kind of opinion in that kind of company.
Elessar
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love

Postby Loretta » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:27 am

Elessar wrote:I hardly know anything about Will Self, but his comments on Question Time make me want to find out more. I thought he was absolutely spot on, and very brave to voice that kind of opinion in that kind of company.

I very rarely watch QT (I'm more of a QI man), but comments on here, and a completely unrelated comment about that edition from a colleague inspired to me to watch this episode.

I can't agree more with you about Will Self's comments. Especially as he asked exactly the same question I asked on here, and nobody has actually managed to answer, as they didn't on QT.

So, let's see if I can get one up on Will Self...

To all those that think the public have a right to know, what would you do with that knowledge?
Loretta
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Postby Elessar » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:30 am

Loretta wrote:
Elessar wrote:I hardly know anything about Will Self, but his comments on Question Time make me want to find out more. I thought he was absolutely spot on, and very brave to voice that kind of opinion in that kind of company.

I very rarely watch QT (I'm more of a QI man), but comments on here, and a completely unrelated comment about that edition from a colleague inspired to me to watch this episode.

I can't agree more with you about Will Self's comments. Especially as he asked exactly the same question I asked on here, and nobody has actually managed to answer, as they didn't on QT.

So, let's see if I can get one up on Will Self...

To all those that think the public have a right to know, what would you do with that knowledge?

I love QI - it's such a good show. Stephen Fry is brilliant, and Alan Davies is hilarious.
I don't need to answer your question, obviously. I'm very curious about what he did, but I certainly don't think the public have a divine right to be told.
Elessar
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love

Postby WeeMann » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:52 am

Loretta wrote:To all those that think the public have a right to know, what would you do with that knowledge?

Sell it to the press for shedloads of cash.
If Simon Mann did not exist, you would have to make him up The Times - Tues 17 Jun, 2008
WeeMann

Postby Elessar » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:12 pm

Elessar
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love

Postby JLP » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:33 pm

I read that on the BBC site and was gonna mention it.
Come on You Tigers
JLP
Admin from Hull
Admin from Hull

Postby Elessar » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:51 pm

JLP wrote:

I agree with this guy:

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/the-s ... son-attack

That said, I don't think there should be any efforts made whatsoever to stop him from killing himself. If he wants to, let him do it.
Elessar
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love

Postby JLP » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:56 pm

Elessar wrote:
JLP wrote:

I agree with this guy:

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/the-s ... son-attack

That said, I don't think there should be any efforts made whatsoever to stop him from killing himself. If he wants to, let him do it.

That is a really good article. Not sensationalist, just good honest reporting. Yeah, if Huntley wants to kill himself then that is his choice.
Come on You Tigers
JLP
Admin from Hull
Admin from Hull

PreviousNext

Return to IS THIS THE WORLD WE CREATED?