Enough is enough

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related)

Re: Enough is enough

Postby Belle Leisha » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:21 am

That's twice in one week now what's going on here? :-P

I'm a restless kinda gal, there's No Turning Back Now

http://www.phoenixfirefoundation.com
Belle Leisha
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Postby Delilah » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:24 am

Belle Leisha wrote:That's twice in one week now what's going on here? :-P

Every once in a while, you're not completely wrong. :mrgreen:
Delilah
I'm a pretty c**t

Postby Belle Leisha » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:25 am

Oh come now let's not over-do the flattery.

Belle Leisha
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Postby Delilah » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:26 am

Belle Leisha wrote:Oh come now let's not over-do the flattery.

Thought you'd like that. :lol:
Delilah
I'm a pretty c**t

Postby Belle Leisha » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:38 am

Right up there with Bruce Willis on Friends. "You're not...All bad."

Belle Leisha
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Postby Delilah » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:46 am

The funny thing is...no matter how much we disagree on the details, I think our moral concepts are very similar. Just in general.
Delilah
I'm a pretty c**t

Postby Elessar » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:54 am

Delilah wrote:The funny thing is...no matter how much we disagree on the details, I think our moral concepts are very similar. Just in general.

Like I said earlier, she'll come over to the darkside eventually. We both did. You got there before me, I got there before Belle, but we all get there eventually.
Elessar
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love

Location: Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see

Postby Belle Leisha » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Except that Dee was a fundamentalist and you were what you might call a little bit overwrought! Had you not been you may never have converted. That you two did is both understandable and a relief. :P It's not quite the same and also, is the dark-side atheism or anti-religion? Because what I believe won't dictate what I think of religion, if I think religion is a good thing now for certain reasons, whether or not I'm following it is completely irrelevant.

Belle Leisha
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Postby fairydandy » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:09 pm

Elessar wrote:
Delilah wrote:The funny thing is...no matter how much we disagree on the details, I think our moral concepts are very similar. Just in general.

Like I said earlier, she'll come over to the darkside eventually. We both did. You got there before me, I got there before Belle, but we all get there eventually.

Some of us never made the journey at all. I could see as a four year old that it was a crock of shit...what they hell took you two so long? :P
fairydandy
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Delilah » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:37 pm

fairydandy wrote:
Elessar wrote:

Some of us never made the journey at all. I could see as a four year old that it was a crock of shit...what they hell took you two so long? :P

Fear and self-doubt. If everyone I knew professed to believe it, maybe there was something wrong with me. Maybe it really was the devil whispering in my ear, making "the world" look rational and testing my faith. Was kinda sad really, I asked all these questions in Sunday School out of genuine desire to understand, and was pretty much scolded for it. No one should do that to kids.

If fundamentalist Christianity isn't a cult, then I don't know what is.
Delilah
I'm a pretty c**t

Postby Delilah » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:39 pm

Belle Leisha wrote:Except that Dee was a fundamentalist and you were what you might call a little bit overwrought! Had you not been you may never have converted. That you two did is both understandable and a relief. :P It's not quite the same and also, is the dark-side atheism or anti-religion? Because what I believe won't dictate what I think of religion, if I think religion is a good thing now for certain reasons, whether or not I'm following it is completely irrelevant.

Yeah, had I not been raised in religion, I'd have never converted to a religion. If the brainwashing I got didn't stick, nothing would have worked!

I can't see religion as a good thing, given that it's inherently false and based upon faith and not reason. That disqualifies it from "good", IMO.
Delilah
I'm a pretty c**t

Postby Belle Leisha » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:14 pm

Well it would for me too if I agreed with the first part or that faith and reason are mutually exclusive. I don't think it's inherently false and you can have perfectly reasonable faith.

Belle Leisha
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Postby Taryn » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:52 pm

This has probably been posted before but just in case.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/commen ... 065824.ece

This journalist covering this story has a rather unfortunate name. Image
Taryn
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Ace » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:16 pm

It was on the news last night that someone might press for a prosecution of the Pope in the UK for covering up the cases of child abuse. I'm sure it will never happen but wouldn't it be good to see someone (even if it is the Pope) bought to justice for their lack of regard to the laws of the land.

The Catholic religion on child abuse seem to be like MPs on expenses. They just don't seem to get it. They can't just think of it as a religious issue. Its a legal issue. They have broken man's law and man's law in the UK is above that of their God. They need to understand this.
Ace
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Delilah » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:38 pm

Ace wrote:They can't just think of it as a religious issue. Its a legal issue. They have broken man's law and man's law in the UK is above that of their God. They need to understand this.

To be fair, child rape is technically against their God's laws too. Probably calls for some punishment like stoning. Harming children wasn't Jesus' favorite thing either (something about being better off thrown into the sea with a millstone about your neck than to harm a child...mob style stuff). This doesn't seem to have bothered the Catholic hierarchy any more than human laws did.
Delilah
I'm a pretty c**t

PreviousNext

Return to IS THIS THE WORLD WE CREATED?