The Pope - UK tour dates 2010

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related)

Re: The Pope - UK tour dates 2010

Postby Loretta » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:51 am

Belle Leisha wrote:You have to admire the conviction.

He's not going to be convicted, he's the pope!

Oh, you meant that silly arrogant little boy that we all knew would be quite a nice guy when he grows up. :twisted:
Loretta
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Postby Delilah » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:25 am

Elessar wrote:
Elessar wrote:I believe that God controlled evolution, therefore he was around before us and will be around after us.

Elessar, you are a stupid, ridiculous, moronic child. Maybe one day when you've had a bit more life experience and have a few more pens in your pockets, you'll realise just how stupid some of the things you've said are. C*nt.

Look at it this way...those of us who are deconverted actually do understand the arguments made against us because those very arguments were put into our heads too at some point. We can argue against them because we've debated the same things with ourselves. If I'd been on here at 18, I'd have been a confused mass of crazy on the subject of religion. I'd have been arguing with my own self within my own posts. :P
Delilah
I'm a pretty c**t

Postby Y2marmar » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:43 pm

Delilah wrote:
Elessar wrote:
Elessar wrote:I believe that God controlled evolution, therefore he was around before us and will be around after us.

Elessar, you are a stupid, ridiculous, moronic child. Maybe one day when you've had a bit more life experience and have a few more pens in your pockets, you'll realise just how stupid some of the things you've said are. C*nt.

Look at it this way...those of us who are deconverted actually do understand the arguments made against us because those very arguments were put into our heads too at some point. We can argue against them because we've debated the same things with ourselves. If I'd been on here at 18, I'd have been a confused mass of crazy on the subject of religion. I'd have been arguing with my own self within my own posts. :P

I agree. I haven't deconverted, but I can understand all of the arguments. I'm not altogether religious. When I joined at 18, I was just as confused about the whole thing. I had no idea. I couldn't possibly have ever put up a rational argument. But now, at 25, I'm able to step back and look at it rationally.
I think the whole thing with the Pope visiting is bad timing. After everything thats come out, and the knowledge that priests knew about what was happening but never reported it...this visit won't work out. People are very angry.
"As a rock star, you stand on stage and go 'Woo, look at me! Aren't I sexy?'"
Y2marmar
The Show Must Go On
The Show Must Go On

Postby fairydandy » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:07 am

Maybe the pope can do a tour with Gary Glitter?
fairydandy
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Y2marmar » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:37 pm

fairydandy wrote:Maybe the pope can do a tour with Gary Glitter?

That made me laugh. Loudly. Not great when you consider the fact that I'm in the staffroom at work.
"As a rock star, you stand on stage and go 'Woo, look at me! Aren't I sexy?'"
Y2marmar
The Show Must Go On
The Show Must Go On

Postby Delilah » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:32 pm

Wow, priests do it, scout leaders do it, whooo-hoo pedophelia!

Or really, the covering up of it.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35944804/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

What is it with these organizations that people trust their kids with? Yeah yeah, they're gonna attract a certain number of pedophiles, but don't they have just a tiny bit of responsibility to take that problem seriously? No, you can't 100% avoid it, but how about being REALLY harsh on the perps when it inevitably happens? Show that you are a badass organization when it comes to people hurting children and that you won't tolerate it or cover it up. Earn that trust, don't abuse it.

But at least they've kept the gays out. You know, those people who want to have sexual and romantic relationships with other adults.
Delilah
I'm a pretty c**t

Previous

Return to IS THIS THE WORLD WE CREATED?