I call bullsh*t, Brian.

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related)

Re: I call bullsh*t, Brian.

Postby Elessar » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:36 am

Belle Leisha wrote:It's not that subtle, he does say elsewhere in that questionaire he believes in God, so I doubt he was trying to subtly indicate intelligent design there.

The idea that life has only generated on one occasion, and was able to thrive and multiply and possibly even travel to other planets really does sound like divine intervention to me. Imagine if the universe used up it's one single life-generation on a shitty little single-celled organism that instantly fell into a volcano and died?
Elessar
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love

Location: Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see

Postby Broooklyn » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:37 am

*Laugh* Just noticed I never posted the pic of the product box!
ImageImageImage
Broooklyn
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love

Location: When somethin'z broke...I wanna put a bit'a fixin' on it!

Postby Belle Leisha » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:39 am

Elessar wrote:
Belle Leisha wrote:It's not that subtle, he does say elsewhere in that questionaire he believes in God, so I doubt he was trying to subtly indicate intelligent design there.

The idea that life has only generated on one occasion, and was able to thrive and multiply and possibly even travel to other planets really does sound like divine intervention to me. Imagine if the universe used up it's one single life-generation on a shitty little single-celled organism that instantly fell into a volcano and died?

Well...yeah, exactly...but it wouldn't be news to a guy who says God picks up where physics stops, to think something requiring intelligent design is possible, however improbable.

I'm a restless kinda gal, there's No Turning Back Now

http://www.phoenixfirefoundation.com
Belle Leisha
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Postby Belle Leisha » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:39 am

Broooklyn wrote:*Laugh* Just noticed I never posted the pic of the product box!

Thank God for that I thought I'd really missed something. :P

Belle Leisha
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Postby _Bijou_ » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:42 am

I don't understand why people give him such a hard time. I know it's hard to feel sorry for someone amazingly rich and famous but what he's discussing on his site isn't about him. The planet is in a mess. The things humans other to do others and animals is sickening. There are so many callous people in the world. Deciding we own this planet so we can do what we like with it. Cut down thousands and thousands of tress, fill the earth with our rubbish, pollute the seas. It's wrong and I'm glad someone with a voice people will hear is commenting on events like this rather than others plugging a book they didn't even write themselves.
_Bijou_
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love

Postby Elessar » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:44 am

_Bijou_ wrote:I don't understand why people give him such a hard time. I know it's hard to feel sorry for someone amazingly rich and famous but what he's discussing on his site isn't about him. The planet is in a mess. The things humans other to do others and animals is sickening. There are so many callous people in the world. Deciding we own this planet so we can do what we like with it. Cut down thousands and thousands of tress, fill the earth with our rubbish, pollute the seas. It's wrong and I'm glad someone with a voice people will hear is commenting on events like this rather than others plugging a book they didn't even write themselves.

I agree with him on a lot of those issues - I just think his theory about where life begun is a bit silly.
Elessar
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love

Postby Broooklyn » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:46 am

Belle Leisha wrote:
Broooklyn wrote:*Laugh* Just noticed I never posted the pic of the product box!

Thank God for that I thought I'd really missed something. :P

*Laugh* Turns out the product box has an E in it, so I am sooooooooooooooooo not gunna win this one now! But...........

It appears that the "gray" varient appeared later, as an American
English varient of "grey". Both have mostly the same many meanings:

"gray1 also grey ( P ) Pronunciation Key (gr)
adj. gray·er, also grey·er gray·est, grey·est
Of or relating to an achromatic color of any lightness between the
extremes of black and white.

Dull or dark: a gray, rainy afternoon.
Lacking in cheer; gloomy: a gray mood.

Having gray hair; hoary.
Old or venerable.
Intermediate in character or position, as with regard to a subjective
matter: the gray area between their differing opinions on the film's
morality.

n.
An achromatic color of any lightness between the extremes of black and
white.
An object or animal of the color gray.
often Gray
A member of the Confederate Army in the Civil War.
The Confederate Army. "

Dictionary.com
[ http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=gray ]
ImageImageImage
Broooklyn
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love

Postby Elessar » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:46 am

Belle Leisha wrote:
Elessar wrote:

Well...yeah, exactly...but it wouldn't be news to a guy who says God picks up where physics stops, to think something requiring intelligent design is possible, however improbable.

He's clutching at straws really. Physics doesn't stop. Where our knowledge of physics stops, our research continues. Maybe there's a point where there has to be a God, but we certainly haven't reached any kind of stage where he has to be inevitable yet. Brian says that God is the 'why' - sometimes there is no 'why'. 'Why' has only been a relevant question for the last few thousand years - the universe (I should really say the planet actually) went for billions of years without 'why' being an issue.
Elessar
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love

Postby _Bijou_ » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:46 am

Elessar wrote:
_Bijou_ wrote:I don't understand why people give him such a hard time. I know it's hard to feel sorry for someone amazingly rich and famous but what he's discussing on his site isn't about him. The planet is in a mess. The things humans other to do others and animals is sickening. There are so many callous people in the world. Deciding we own this planet so we can do what we like with it. Cut down thousands and thousands of tress, fill the earth with our rubbish, pollute the seas. It's wrong and I'm glad someone with a voice people will hear is commenting on events like this rather than others plugging a book they didn't even write themselves.

I agree with him on a lot of those issues - I just think his theory about where life begun is a bit silly.

Well I'm no scientist so I can't say.
_Bijou_
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love

Postby Belle Leisha » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:51 am

Well, I sort of get why people give him a hard time I just think they're wrong. :P

Yes he's the least cool Rock Star in the world, good, that has it's own quirky coolness to it.
Yes he occasionally says very weird, rambly, tangenty or plain bizarre things, but he's Brian May he can say what he wants. :P
He did play the national anthem on the roof of Buckingham Palace wearing a coat covered in the greatest rock anthems ever on which he'd included his own song...but hey, no use hiding you light under a bushel and all that...
He might have long missed the boat for cutting his seventies hair, but if he cuts his hair he'll look vaguely like my Dad and that's just weird.

People can be disparaging, I love him and even I spend a lot of time mocking him, then he plays a guitar solo (when he gets a minute while badgers aren't looking) and everyone shuts the hell up. ;)
Last edited by Belle Leisha on Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Belle Leisha
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Postby Broooklyn » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:52 am

Fuck that!!! I knew I was not seeing things!!!

http://www.touchofgray.com/index.asp

Badddah BAM!
ImageImageImage
Broooklyn
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love

Postby Belle Leisha » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:53 am

Elessar wrote:He's clutching at straws really. Physics doesn't stop. Where our knowledge of physics stops, our research continues. Maybe there's a point where there has to be a God, but we certainly haven't reached any kind of stage where he has to be inevitable yet. Brian says that God is the 'why' - sometimes there is no 'why'. 'Why' has only been a relevant question for the last few thousand years - the universe (I should really say the planet actually) went for billions of years without 'why' being an issue.

Mm, this is where we part views pretty much exactly isn't it. You think if people think God and physics work together, they're fitting God in, whereas not seeing the two as complimentary makes me think the concept of God is being misunderstood. Either way it doesn't matter, because to be clutching at straws he'd need a motive, which he's decidedly lacking in, it's just what he believes isn't it, no justifying needed.

Belle Leisha
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Postby Belle Leisha » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:55 am

Broooklyn wrote:Fuck that!!! I knew I was not seeing things!!!

http://www.touchofgray.com/index.asp

Badddah BAM!

Hahaha, nice.

Belle Leisha
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Postby Broooklyn » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:57 am

What's gotta be understood, is in all honesty, I really do not care what Brian does with his hair or what he says, but I know it easily gets some nipples all hot and heated very quickly, so I post it! =) Nah the We Will Rock You bit annoys me...that is the one thing, cuz I am so sick of hearing those 4 words! Otherwise...........meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeow!

But he has always been a whiny huffy pissy little baby!

*Classic Brian May sigh*
ImageImageImage
Broooklyn
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love

Postby Belle Leisha » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:05 am

There's a quote from Brian from about ten years back, saying "We Will Rock You was a response to a stage in Queen's career where the audience were becoming a bigger part of the show than we were." ...He's even brilliant when he's being egotistical. But you would be proud of it wouldn't you. He wrote better songs, lots of them, but you'd be insane not to be proud of that.

Belle Leisha
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

PreviousNext

Return to IS THIS THE WORLD WE CREATED?