I call bullsh*t, Brian.

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related)

Re: I call bullsh*t, Brian.

Postby Belle Leisha » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:06 am

Broooklyn wrote:
But he has always been a whiny huffy pissy little baby!

*Classic Brian May sigh*

:mad: *Brian death glare a la Rotterdam interview*

I'm a restless kinda gal, there's No Turning Back Now

http://www.phoenixfirefoundation.com
Belle Leisha
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Postby Broooklyn » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:08 am

Belle Leisha wrote:There's a quote from Brian from about ten years back, saying "We Will Rock You was a response to a stage in Queen's career where the audience were becoming a bigger part of the show than we were." ...He's even brilliant when he's being egotistical. But you would be proud of it wouldn't you. He wrote better songs, lots of them, but you'd be insane not to be proud of that.

Brian wrote many great songs, and that includes the Greatest song of all time, which happens to be my 2nd all time favorite song... The Show Must Go On, but he is still a whiny, huffy, pissy little baby!
ImageImageImage
Broooklyn
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love

Location: When somethin'z broke...I wanna put a bit'a fixin' on it!

Postby Belle Leisha » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:14 am

That's my second favourite too. I actually think it's one of the best, ever. He's not whiny he's awesome!!! He has a lot of opinions and he writes about them, he does it on one part of his website where it can be ignored, for the most part if he does include them in his songs which he doesn't often he keeps it light, unlike many a subjectively much cooler rockstar, and as he has stressed, so that there is only one place in the whole of the world wide web you can if you want, read him venting his woes, he doesn't twitter, flutter or flitter...

...honeys.

Belle Leisha
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Postby _Bijou_ » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:19 am

Belle Leisha wrote:
_Bijou_ wrote:I don't understand why people give him such a hard time. I know it's hard to feel sorry for someone amazingly rich and famous but what he's discussing on his site isn't about him. The planet is in a mess. The things humans other to do others and animals is sickening. There are so many callous people in the world. Deciding we own this planet so we can do what we like with it. Cut down thousands and thousands of tress, fill the earth with our rubbish, pollute the seas. It's wrong and I'm glad someone with a voice people will hear is commenting on events like this rather than others plugging a book they didn't even write themselves.

Well, I sort of get why people give him a hard time I just think they're wrong. :P

Yes he's the least cool Rock Star in the world, good, that has it's own quirky coolness to it.
Yes he occasionally says very weird, rambly, tangenty or plain bizarre things, but he's Brian May he can say what he wants. :P
He did play the national anthem on the roof of Buckingham Palace wearing a coat covered in the greatest rock anthems ever on which he'd included his own song...but hey, no use hiding you light under a bushel and all that...
He might have long missed the boat for cutting his seventies hair, but if he cuts his hair he'll look vaguely like my Dad and that's just weird.

People can be disparaging, I love him and even I spend a lot of time mocking him, then he plays a guitar solo (when he gets a minute while badgers aren't looking) and everyone shuts the hell up. ;)

Lol

Yeah I agree with you. I'd rather listen to his opinions on things that I feel the same about than a nonentity pretending to care about children dying of starvation in order to gain more for themselves whereas Brian actually cares.
_Bijou_
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love

Postby Broooklyn » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:20 am

Belle Leisha wrote:That's my second favourite too. I actually think it's one of the best, ever. He's not whiny he's awesome!!! He has a lot of opinions and he writes about them, he does it on one part of his website where it can be ignored, for the most part if he does include them in his songs which he doesn't often he keeps it light, unlike many a subjectively much cooler rockstar, and as he has stressed, so that there is only one place in the whole of the world wide web you can if you want, read him venting his woes, he doesn't twitter, flutter or flitter...

...honeys.

Oh come awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn! Do you have any idea how much Brian's insides churn when the focus on him shifts no matter what interview he is involved in, and the interviewer starts to talk about Freddie?? I am surprised he even has a lower lip left! Watch interviews. In the beginning it was sadness, but 20 years later.....He should have no lip and believe me, this is why he is still dying his hair, cuz that alone turned him all grAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
ImageImageImage
Broooklyn
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love

Postby Belle Leisha » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:28 am

Broooklyn wrote:
Oh come awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn! Do you have any idea how much Brian's insides churn when the focus on him shifts no matter what interview he is involved in, and the interviewer starts to talk about Freddie?? I am surprised he even has a lower lip left! Watch interviews. In the beginning it was sadness, but 20 years later.....He should have no lip and believe me, this is why he is still dying his hair, cuz that alone turned him all grAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

He's always bitten his lip! "The famous May lip bite", it's just what he does. Everyone knows he hates being made to talk about people he's lost, he's the same about any person he knew who died, he sounds incredibly uncomfortable and some people are like that! And that makes no sense anyway, Brian can and does regualrly wax lyrical about other musicians other guitarists other anyone he find interesting, he will go on and on about them, not at all bothered by a shift in attention from himself. If he'd wanted constant limelight he wouldn't be writing stereo books and fighting for badgers! There's no way around it when it comes to Queen, never a more egotistical soul, anyone sings his songs or mentions Queen in passing is suddenly his favourite new act, but you come aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwn, twenty years ago he was all "I don't believe in being Queen anymore *depression*", thank you but I'll take the yes, I was in Queen, don't I rock, version, and he sings Freddie, Roger and John's praises the most of all of them!

Belle Leisha
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Postby Broooklyn » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:36 am

Belle Leisha wrote:
Broooklyn wrote:

He's always bitten his lip! "The famous May lip bite", it's just what he does. Everyone knows he hates being made to talk about people he's lost, he's the same about any person he knew who died, he sounds incredibly uncomfortable and some people are like that! And that makes no sense anyway, Brian can and does regualrly wax lyrical about other musicians other guitarists other anyone he find interesting, he will go on and on about them, not at all bothered by a shift in attention from himself. If he'd wanted constant limelight he wouldn't be writing stereo books and fighting for badgers! There's no way around it when it comes to Queen, never a more egotistical soul, anyone sings his songs or mentions Queen in passing is suddenly his favourite new act, but you come aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwn, twenty years ago he was all "I don't believe in being Queen anymore *depression*", thank you but I'll take the yes, I was in Queen, don't I rock, version, and he sings Freddie, Roger and John's praises the most of all of them!

:lol: *Smoooch*
ImageImageImage
Broooklyn
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love

Postby Belle Leisha » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:39 am

I shall now return to my day job as a Deaky girl... :oops: :P

Belle Leisha
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Postby Broooklyn » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:54 am

No, but seriously, He's gotta cut that god damn hair off!
ImageImageImage
Broooklyn
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love

Postby Delilah » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:29 am

Belle Leisha wrote:
Elessar wrote:He's clutching at straws really. Physics doesn't stop. Where our knowledge of physics stops, our research continues. Maybe there's a point where there has to be a God, but we certainly haven't reached any kind of stage where he has to be inevitable yet. Brian says that God is the 'why' - sometimes there is no 'why'. 'Why' has only been a relevant question for the last few thousand years - the universe (I should really say the planet actually) went for billions of years without 'why' being an issue.

Mm, this is where we part views pretty much exactly isn't it. You think if people think God and physics work together, they're fitting God in, whereas not seeing the two as complimentary makes me think the concept of God is being misunderstood. Either way it doesn't matter, because to be clutching at straws he'd need a motive, which he's decidedly lacking in, it's just what he believes isn't it, no justifying needed.

It's more that people postulate a god where there isn't an actual need for one. I'd say that his beliefs are his motive. We're all guilty of confirmation bias, why should he be any different?
Delilah
I'm a pretty c**t

Postby Kes » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:53 am

Broooklyn wrote:***Breaking News***

This just in:

It is official...Brian May did write We Will Rock You!

Now that's GOT to be bullshit. I saw them chanting it in a film called 'A Knight's Tale', and that was set hundreds of years ago. It's obvious he stole an ancient pagan chant, and made out he wrote it!
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But then forgot how to learn!
Kes

Postby Belle Leisha » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:10 pm

Delilah wrote:
Mm, this is where we part views pretty much exactly isn't it. You think if people think God and physics work together, they're fitting God in, whereas not seeing the two as complimentary makes me think the concept of God is being misunderstood. Either way it doesn't matter, because to be clutching at straws he'd need a motive, which he's decidedly lacking in, it's just what he believes isn't it, no justifying needed.

It's more that people postulate a god where there isn't an actual need for one. I'd say that his beliefs are his motive. We're all guilty of confirmation bias, why should he be any different?[/quote]

Well he could keep his beliefs to himself couldn't he, I imagine there are quite a few scientists who do exactly that! I have a friend doing Bio-Chemistry and she would never dare admit to believing in God in front of her course mates. There isn't a need for one, but he believes in one, so it's not a huge surprise that his postulation about where life originated from could be construed as intelligent design, because that's not a problem for him obviously!

Belle Leisha
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Postby Delilah » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:49 pm

Belle Leisha wrote:Well he could keep his beliefs to himself couldn't he, I imagine there are quite a few scientists who do exactly that! I have a friend doing Bio-Chemistry and she would never dare admit to believing in God in front of her course mates. There isn't a need for one, but he believes in one, so it's not a huge surprise that his postulation about where life originated from could be construed as intelligent design, because that's not a problem for him obviously!

Well see, I tend to hold scientists to a higher standard when it comes to logical fallacies related to their field of study. It doesn't make one bit of difference in my job whether or not I believe in a creator. It made no difference in Brian's musical career that he believes in a creator. But as a scientist...I mean, is he saying this as a layperson or as an astronomer? If his spiritual beliefs influence the conclusions that he comes to in his field of study, that's damned unscientific, right?
Delilah
I'm a pretty c**t

Postby Belle Leisha » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:04 pm

Delilah wrote:Well see, I tend to hold scientists to a higher standard when it comes to logical fallacies related to their field of study. It doesn't make one bit of difference in my job whether or not I believe in a creator. It made no difference in Brian's musical career that he believes in a creator. But as a scientist...I mean, is he saying this as a layperson or as an astronomer? If his spiritual beliefs influence the conclusions that he comes to in his field of study, that's damned unscientific, right?

Yeah but there's nothing saying they do. They might, or they might not, surely we can't sort of assume they do, I mean he did say it's an unpopular view but it's what he thinks and regardless of what he believes he is an astrophysicist so the more reasonable assumption is that he genuienly thinks that scientifically, but finds no reason within physics to disrupt his belief in God...that is actually, if he does believe in God, I think I'm giving him far more defintie theism here than he's ever claimed, he's more "I hope there is" than he believes there is, as far as I can tell.

Belle Leisha
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Postby Delilah » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:35 am

Belle Leisha wrote:
Delilah wrote:Well see, I tend to hold scientists to a higher standard when it comes to logical fallacies related to their field of study. It doesn't make one bit of difference in my job whether or not I believe in a creator. It made no difference in Brian's musical career that he believes in a creator. But as a scientist...I mean, is he saying this as a layperson or as an astronomer? If his spiritual beliefs influence the conclusions that he comes to in his field of study, that's damned unscientific, right?

Yeah but there's nothing saying they do. They might, or they might not, surely we can't sort of assume they do, I mean he did say it's an unpopular view but it's what he thinks and regardless of what he believes he is an astrophysicist so the more reasonable assumption is that he genuienly thinks that scientifically, but finds no reason within physics to disrupt his belief in God...that is actually, if he does believe in God, I think I'm giving him far more defintie theism here than he's ever claimed, he's more "I hope there is" than he believes there is, as far as I can tell.

Arggh...astrophysicist, not astronomer. I knew that. :P

I'd honestly have to see what evidence he has come up with to inform that opinion.
Delilah
I'm a pretty c**t

PreviousNext

Return to IS THIS THE WORLD WE CREATED?