Duck beaten to death with baseball bat!

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related)

Duck beaten to death with baseball bat!

Postby Broooklyn » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:27 am

Clearly the duck didn't duck in time!

JACKSONVILLE, Florida — Police in Jacksonville say a high school baseball player is facing cruelty to animal charges after he allegedly killed a duck with a baseball bat. JACKSONVILLE, Florida — Police in Jacksonville say a high school baseball player is facing cruelty to animal charges after he allegedly killed a duck with a baseball bat.

Police went to Baldwin Middle-Senior High School this week on a report of a student who had killed a school duck with a bat. The duck apparently lived with several other ducks in a retention pond in front of the school.

Coach Joseph Graham told detectives he saw one of his players hit a black and white object on the ground with a baseball bat. Graham later saw the object was actually a duck and it was dead.

Detectives say the player, who has been given a notice to appear in court, initially denied killing the duck. But he admitted to throwing a stick at it.

The player then told police while on break from practice some of the other players on the team challenged him that he couldn't hit the duck with a bat. The player said he threw the bat twice, but missed both times. He said he grabbed a stick and threw it at the duck, breaking its neck.

The teen said he didn't mean to hurt the duck, and that everyone agreed the duck needed to be killed to put it out of its misery. The player told police he picked up a baseball bat and hit the duck in the head, killing it.

Police were told the students took the dead duck away after practice.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/mostpop/story. ... ovider=top

"Death on Two Legs" - says it all, really.
ImageImageImage
Broooklyn
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love

Location: When somethin'z broke...I wanna put a bit'a fixin' on it!

Re: Duck beaten to death with baseball bat!

Postby Kes » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:43 am

The solution: Even though bats are a protected species, stop them playing baseball. :shock:
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But then forgot how to learn!
Kes

Re: Duck beaten to death with baseball bat!

Postby Y2marmar » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:46 pm

I feel bad, Kes, but that made me laugh
"As a rock star, you stand on stage and go 'Woo, look at me! Aren't I sexy?'"
Y2marmar
The Show Must Go On
The Show Must Go On

Return to IS THIS THE WORLD WE CREATED?