The Premiership

Lay back, relax, and talk about any topic that takes your fancy. Heavy stuff, however, should be posted in IS THIS THE WORLD WE CREATED.

Who will win?

Poll ended at Sat Apr 12, 2003 5:29 pm

The Scum
50%
The Ar'se
50%

Total votes : 4

Postby Minder » Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:27 am

Melon wrote "One that talks absolute c'rap. He's proved nothing yet. Just a young kid with bundles of energy keen to impress. He will burn out. Too much, too young."

Bollox, thats what they said about Owen and Shearer, probably.

Didn't he prove his ability when he pulled on an England shirt last week?
Minder

Postby Melancholy Blue » Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:31 am

Minder wrote:Melon wrote "One that talks absolute c'rap. He's proved nothing yet. Just a young kid with bundles of energy keen to impress. He will burn out. Too much, too young."

One match? I agree he was outstanding, but it's just the thrill and excitement of having your first cap. He was keen to impress. I'm sure if I played for England, I would have a reasonable debut. Only time will tell my good friend, time will tell.
Besides, I think Owen is vastly overrated.

There's only one proven English striker out there - Super Al. "England's Number 1, England's England's Number 1".
Melancholy Blue
Spread Your Wings
Spread Your Wings

Postby Minder » Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:34 am

Melancholy Blue wrote:
Minder wrote:Melon wrote "One that talks absolute c'rap. He's proved nothing yet. Just a young kid with bundles of energy keen to impress. He will burn out. Too much, too young."

One match? I agree he was outstanding, but it's just the thrill and excitement of having your first cap. He was keen to impress. I'm sure if I played for England, I would have a reasonable debut. Only time will tell my good friend, time will tell.

There's only one proven English striker out there - Super Al. "England's Number 1, England's England's Number 1".

I agree on one point there... just one (LOL), Owen is over rated, but Rooney has played as well for his club as he did for England all season.

Just face the fact, Shearer is well past his best, it comes to us all :P
Minder

Postby Melancholy Blue » Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:37 am

Minder wrote:
Melancholy Blue wrote:

I agree on one point there... just one (LOL), Owen is over rated, but Rooney has played as well for his club as he did for England all season.

Just face the fact, Shearer is well past his best, it comes to us all :P

How, in the name of bugg'ery, can you say Shearer is past it? Henry or Shearer? Shearer every time. Van Nistelrooy or Shearer? Shearer every time.

By the way, did you see Gus Poyet's goal for Spurs? Holy sh'it. Outstanding. Even better than Robert's screamer, and that takes some beating.
Melancholy Blue
Spread Your Wings
Spread Your Wings

Postby Minder » Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:38 am

Gus who? :P
Minder

Postby Melancholy Blue » Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:39 am

Minder wrote:Gus who? :P

Did you see it?
Melancholy Blue
Spread Your Wings
Spread Your Wings

Postby Minder » Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:40 am

Melancholy Blue wrote:

Did you see it?

'Fraid not, was it as good as Rooney's everton debut 40 yard strike?
Minder

Postby Melancholy Blue » Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:43 am

Minder wrote:
Melancholy Blue wrote:

Did you see it?

This was better. Remember Di Canio's a few years ago against Wimbledon I think it was, towards the end of the season? The cross cam in and he volleyed it first time. Like an exocet into the top corner. Goal of the season as far as I'm concerned. Actually, it's on a par with Shearer's volley in that 2-1 win against......who was it again? Oh yeah, Everton.
Melancholy Blue
Spread Your Wings
Spread Your Wings

Postby Minder » Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:55 am

Melancholy Blue wrote:
Minder wrote:
Melancholy Blue wrote:

Did you see it?

This was better. Remember Di Canio's a few years ago against Wimbledon I think it was, towards the end of the season? The cross cam in and he volleyed it first time. Like an exocet into the top corner. Goal of the season as far as I'm concerned. Actually, it's on a par with Shearer's volley in that 2-1 win against......who was it again? Oh yeah, Everton.

Ha ha, who scored that goal almost from kick off, from the half way line? (going back quite a few seasons here)
Minder

Postby Melancholy Blue » Tue Apr 08, 2003 10:50 am

Minder wrote:
Melancholy Blue wrote:
Minder wrote:
Melancholy Blue wrote:

Did you see it?

Ha ha, who scored that goal almost from kick off, from the half way line? (going back quite a few seasons here)

I don't remember. I do remember when Mike Hooper nearly scored from a goal kick and Southall had to tip it over at Goodison. That was 93-94. It was going in aswell.
Melancholy Blue
Spread Your Wings
Spread Your Wings

Previous

Return to FRIED CHICKEN!