The Euro

Lay back, relax, and talk about any topic that takes your fancy. Heavy stuff, however, should be posted in IS THIS THE WORLD WE CREATED.

Should we join the 'Euro' currency if it is in our best interests?

Yes
44%
No
33%
Undecided
No votes
Don't care either way
22%

Total votes : 9

The Euro

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 07, 2003 7:02 pm

If it is in our interests to join the 'Euro' currency should we join, when the time comes?

For the English only (but any other Europeans please comment on how the new currency is going)

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 07, 2003 7:14 pm

I have to say that it has made my life considerably easier. Especially when I don't have a credit card, and want to buy stuff from eBay etc.

I personally got used to it very quickly, and have no desire to get the old money back. :)

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 07, 2003 7:18 pm

Weyoun wrote:I have to say that it has made my life considerably easier. Especially when I don't have a credit card, and want to buy stuff from eBay etc.

I personally got used to it very quickly, and have no desire to get the old money back. :)

I feel pretty much the same way, but then on the flip side, we seem to be doing ok by keeping out of it too. Perhaps we should align ourselves with the dollar. :roll: :wink:

I will vote to go in when the time comes I expect.

Postby Sully » Mon Apr 07, 2003 7:36 pm

fairydandy wrote:Perhaps we should align ourselves with the dollar. :roll: :wink:

Speaking of the dollar...one euro is nearly the same as one dollar, so it would be easier when you see a price in dollars and know that the price in euros is pretty much the same, unlike converting dollars to pounds.

But maybe I'll be using dollars by the time euros are used here anyway :D
Sully
Spread Your Wings
Spread Your Wings

Postby Lino » Mon Apr 07, 2003 7:39 pm

ii think the Euro would be better for UK, Denmark and Sweden. It's a good currency, specially if we want to compare our prices with the ones in US Dollar$. And for the Euro it would be very good to have those economies in the Euro club. Damn hell, if you are in European Union, why should you not join the Euro? And for us, foreigners, when we go to those countries, it's hard for us to compare prices with the ones Pounds, Danish and Swedish Crowns.
Força Portugal, nós somos a tua voz. Queremos esta vitória, conquista-a por nós!!
Lino
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 07, 2003 7:43 pm

lino wrote:ii think the Euro would be better for UK, Denmark and Sweden. It's a good currency, specially if we want to compare our prices with the ones in US Dollar$. And for the Euro it would be very good to have those economies in the Euro club. Damn hell, if you are in European Union, why should you not join the Euro? And for us, foreigners, when we go to those countries, it's hard for us to compare prices with the ones Pounds, Danish and Swedish Crowns.

That's maybe the problem Lino, the English don't really consider themselves to be true Europeans. We seem to be in the Union reluctantly, and I feel sure if that if there was a referendum to leave it, we would if we safely could!
I personally do not have a problem with it, but it is there I think.
Last edited by Guest on Mon Apr 07, 2003 9:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Pluto » Mon Apr 07, 2003 7:43 pm

In 2004 we are joining EU and from 2006-2007 we will change to Euro. I'm not against it, I'm looking forward to the whole procedure. Hopefully after joining EU our salary will goes to a higher level as it's still less than half of the poorest EU country's salary level... :cry:
Pluto
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Percy » Mon Apr 07, 2003 9:53 pm

We have the Euro here and I must say I don't like it.
I agree whit Weyoun that it's easyer to buy some things, especially for buying things from the foreign country.
But here in Holland everything is now a lot more expensive thanks to the Euro.
Percy
Spread Your Wings
Spread Your Wings

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 08, 2003 4:40 am

I don't have a problem with the new currency as it makes comparing the prices easier, so in my interest it would be best if all the EU countries had the same currency 8)

Postby Minder » Tue Apr 08, 2003 7:01 am

It makes sense really, don't it? If we all have the same money.
Minder

Postby Minder » Tue Apr 08, 2003 7:03 am

Minder wrote:It makes sense really, don't it? If we all have the same money.

The people didn't want metric, but got it; the people didn't want decimal points, but coped with it; The people laughed when they saw the Pot Noodle for the first time, and now we couldn't live without it.
Minder

Postby Melancholy Blue » Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:04 am

Minder wrote:

The people didn't want metric, but got it; the people didn't want decimal points, but coped with it; The people laughed when they saw the Pot Noodle for the first time, and now we couldn't live without it.

Well I've never had a Pot Noodle in my life, so I couldn't possibly comment.
Melancholy Blue
Spread Your Wings
Spread Your Wings

Postby Minder » Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:14 am

Melancholy Blue wrote:
Minder wrote:

I don't blame ya... about 15 years ago there was a story about an 18 year old who overdosed on Pot Noodles... and died.
Minder

Postby Minder » Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:16 am

They taste quite nice if you add some of this Image
Minder

Postby Melancholy Blue » Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:19 am

Minder wrote:
Melancholy Blue wrote:
Minder wrote:

I don't blame ya... about 15 years ago there was a story about an 18 year old who overdosed on Pot Noodles... and died.

What flavour did he have?
Melancholy Blue
Spread Your Wings
Spread Your Wings

Next

Return to FRIED CHICKEN!