Barn Owl Live Cam 24/7 For Those Of You Who Like Nature

Lay back, relax, and talk about any topic that takes your fancy. Heavy stuff, however, should be posted in IS THIS THE WORLD WE CREATED.

Re: Barn Owl Live Cam 24/7 For Those Of You Who Like Nature

Postby GaGaJane » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:15 pm

Everything seems to be OK this morning! :)
Image ~Freddie's Fairy Queen II~
Image
User avatar
GaGaJane
We Will Rock You
We Will Rock You
 
Posts: 650
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:06 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Barn Owl Live Cam 24/7 For Those Of You Who Like Nature

Postby CoolCat » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:58 pm

I hope ' WhiteMouse ' doesn't come into this thread, a small rodent has just been delivered, and fed to the chicks.
User avatar
CoolCat
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now
 
Posts: 4318
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:53 pm
Location: Nottinghamshire, UK

Re: Barn Owl Live Cam 24/7 For Those Of You Who Like Nature

Postby WhiteMouse » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:13 pm

CoolCat wrote:I hope ' WhiteMouse ' doesn't come into this thread, a small rodent has just been delivered, and fed to the chicks.


Say WHAT? :shock: :nervous:
Ooh, it makes me wonder...
User avatar
WhiteMouse
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love
 
Posts: 8799
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:40 pm
Location: Here

Re: Barn Owl Live Cam 24/7 For Those Of You Who Like Nature

Postby CoolCat » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:19 pm

WhiteMouse wrote:
CoolCat wrote:I hope ' WhiteMouse ' doesn't come into this thread, a small rodent has just been delivered, and fed to the chicks.


Say WHAT? :shock: :nervous:

Quick look away Minnie
User avatar
CoolCat
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now
 
Posts: 4318
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:53 pm
Location: Nottinghamshire, UK

Re: Barn Owl Live Cam 24/7 For Those Of You Who Like Nature

Postby WhiteMouse » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:24 pm

CoolCat wrote:
WhiteMouse wrote:
CoolCat wrote:I hope ' WhiteMouse ' doesn't come into this thread, a small rodent has just been delivered, and fed to the chicks.


Say WHAT? :shock: :nervous:

Quick look away Minnie


Rodents are beautiful creatures! Not in the saliva like fish! :P
Ooh, it makes me wonder...
User avatar
WhiteMouse
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love
 
Posts: 8799
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:40 pm
Location: Here

Re: Barn Owl Live Cam 24/7 For Those Of You Who Like Nature

Postby Innuendoes » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:53 pm

GaGaJane wrote:Everything seems to be OK this morning! :)


Yes is is. There was quite a lot of concern from people all day and all early last evening. She finally turned the chick around and started caring for it later last evening. TBH, I think it was stuffed to the gills from earlier feedings yesterday cause it darn near looked like it had a pot belly. :lol:
"Spread the word and try to teach the man
Who is hating his brother,
When hate won’t do,
‘cuz we’re all the same,
yes the blood inside of me is inside of you"
User avatar
Innuendoes
We Are The Champions
We Are The Champions
 
Posts: 21640
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2003 1:09 pm
Location: Who's bad?

Re: Barn Owl Live Cam 24/7 For Those Of You Who Like Nature

Postby Innuendoes » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:56 pm

WhiteMouse wrote:Rodents are beautiful creatures! Not in the saliva like fish! :P

Is that a dumbo rat you have as your avatar? It doesn't look like a mouse to me. :)

I used to have a LOT of pet rats. I love them to pieces and really miss having them. Really bad. Before that, years ago, I had quite a few mice... pet ones and wild ones. Love 'em! Cute little creatures. Awww. :-)
"Spread the word and try to teach the man
Who is hating his brother,
When hate won’t do,
‘cuz we’re all the same,
yes the blood inside of me is inside of you"
User avatar
Innuendoes
We Are The Champions
We Are The Champions
 
Posts: 21640
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2003 1:09 pm
Location: Who's bad?

Re: Barn Owl Live Cam 24/7 For Those Of You Who Like Nature

Postby GaGaJane » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:55 pm

Here's a link to a Hummingbird's nest (Phoebe) that I watch also:

http://phoebeallens.com/
Image ~Freddie's Fairy Queen II~
Image
User avatar
GaGaJane
We Will Rock You
We Will Rock You
 
Posts: 650
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:06 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Barn Owl Live Cam 24/7 For Those Of You Who Like Nature

Postby Innuendoes » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:02 pm

Where is that, do you know? She looks like a female ruby throat but then the females probably look a lot alike, no matter which variety. Maybe...

Is there an infared camera, too?
"Spread the word and try to teach the man
Who is hating his brother,
When hate won’t do,
‘cuz we’re all the same,
yes the blood inside of me is inside of you"
User avatar
Innuendoes
We Are The Champions
We Are The Champions
 
Posts: 21640
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2003 1:09 pm
Location: Who's bad?

Re: Barn Owl Live Cam 24/7 For Those Of You Who Like Nature

Postby WhiteMouse » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:36 pm

Innuendoes wrote:
WhiteMouse wrote:Rodents are beautiful creatures! Not in the saliva like fish! :P

Is that a dumbo rat you have as your avatar? It doesn't look like a mouse to me. :)

I used to have a LOT of pet rats. I love them to pieces and really miss having them. Really bad. Before that, years ago, I had quite a few mice... pet ones and wild ones. Love 'em! Cute little creatures. Awww. :-)


It's me being playful. A game of words and imagination. Don't go into correct definitions. ;)
How, nice! :D I also love them, well.... it's quite obvious... :lol: I had only one sadly. Black and white Lucy. :mrgreen: Unfortunately I can't have one now, 'cause I may move (I hope). But once I'm settled I'll get one for sure!
Ooh, it makes me wonder...
User avatar
WhiteMouse
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love
 
Posts: 8799
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:40 pm
Location: Here

Re: Barn Owl Live Cam 24/7 For Those Of You Who Like Nature

Postby GaGaJane » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:57 pm

Innuendoes wrote:Where is that, do you know? She looks like a female ruby throat but then the females probably look a lot alike, no matter which variety. Maybe...

Is there an infared camera, too?


Phoebe is an Allen's Hummingbird and she's located in southern California. Don't think they have an infrared camera though.
Image ~Freddie's Fairy Queen II~
Image
User avatar
GaGaJane
We Will Rock You
We Will Rock You
 
Posts: 650
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:06 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Barn Owl Live Cam 24/7 For Those Of You Who Like Nature

Postby GaGaJane » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:01 pm

WhiteMouse wrote:
Innuendoes wrote:
WhiteMouse wrote:Rodents are beautiful creatures! Not in the saliva like fish! :P

Is that a dumbo rat you have as your avatar? It doesn't look like a mouse to me. :)

I used to have a LOT of pet rats. I love them to pieces and really miss having them. Really bad. Before that, years ago, I had quite a few mice... pet ones and wild ones. Love 'em! Cute little creatures. Awww. :-)


It's me being playful. A game of words and imagination. Don't go into correct definitions. ;)
How, nice! :D I also love them, well.... it's quite obvious... :lol: I had only one sadly. Black and white Lucy. :mrgreen: Unfortunately I can't have one now, 'cause I may move (I hope). But once I'm settled I'll get one for sure!


When I was a young teenager a friend of mine had many tiny white mice (like your pic Mousey) and we'd play with them and when it was time to put them back in their homes we'd have to count them to make sure no one was missing!!
Image ~Freddie's Fairy Queen II~
Image
User avatar
GaGaJane
We Will Rock You
We Will Rock You
 
Posts: 650
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:06 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Barn Owl Live Cam 24/7 For Those Of You Who Like Nature

Postby WhiteMouse » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:15 pm

GaGaJane wrote:When I was a young teenager a friend of mine had many tiny white mice (like your pic Mousey) and we'd play with them and when it was time to put them back in their homes we'd have to count them to make sure no one was missing!!


Oh, I once put a rat on my friend's shoulder (to surprise her :lol: ). My goodness! That was a funk! She can't bear them unfortunately.
Ooh, it makes me wonder...
User avatar
WhiteMouse
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love
 
Posts: 8799
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:40 pm
Location: Here

Re: Barn Owl Live Cam 24/7 For Those Of You Who Like Nature

Postby GaGaJane » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:24 pm

WhiteMouse wrote:
GaGaJane wrote:When I was a young teenager a friend of mine had many tiny white mice (like your pic Mousey) and we'd play with them and when it was time to put them back in their homes we'd have to count them to make sure no one was missing!!


Oh, I once put a rat on my friend's shoulder (to surprise her :lol: ). My goodness! That was a funk! She can't bear them unfortunately.


Tiny mice I can bear, rats, not so much!! :shock:
Image ~Freddie's Fairy Queen II~
Image
User avatar
GaGaJane
We Will Rock You
We Will Rock You
 
Posts: 650
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:06 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Barn Owl Live Cam 24/7 For Those Of You Who Like Nature

Postby WhiteMouse » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:31 pm

GaGaJane wrote:Tiny mice I can bear, rats, not so much!! :shock:


I mean a pet rat! And I meant that she didn't like them.
Ooh, it makes me wonder...
User avatar
WhiteMouse
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love
 
Posts: 8799
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:40 pm
Location: Here

PreviousNext

Return to FRIED CHICKEN!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron