How To Start Each Day With A Positive Outlook

Lay back, relax, and talk about any topic that takes your fancy. Heavy stuff, however, should be posted in IS THIS THE WORLD WE CREATED.

How To Start Each Day With A Positive Outlook

Postby WeeMann » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:51 pm

1. Open a new file in your computer.

2. Name it "Gordon Brown"

3. Send it to the Recycle Bin.

4. Empty the Recycle Bin.

5. Your PC will ask you: Do you really want to get rid of “Gordon Brown”?

6. Firmly Click "Yes"

7. Feel better?

GOOD - Tomorrow we'll do Peter Mandelson
If Simon Mann did not exist, you would have to make him up The Times - Tues 17 Jun, 2008
WeeMann

Re: How To Start Each Day With A Positive Outlook

Postby Bad Guy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:50 am

I don't get the Gordon Brown bashing, considering he has been left to deal with the shite that Blair left behind...
LEWIS HAMILTON & JENSON BUTTON - McLAREN'S 2010 DREAM TEAM!
Bad Guy
BOPOS
BOPOS

Postby fairydandy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:19 am

WeeMann wrote:1. Open a new file in your computer.

6. Firmly Click "Yes"

7. Feel better?

What is it that you dislike about Gordon Brown? I mean, just what policies of this government so offend you?
fairydandy
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Champs » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:12 am

Obviously a supporter of the other lot.
Double Q calling secret squirrel, over.
Champs
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love

Postby JLP » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:28 am

One of my mates calls me Tory Boy. Of all the wind ups, that one usually works. I'd rather be a Catholic priest than a Tory. :P
Come on You Tigers
JLP
Admin from Hull
Admin from Hull

Postby Lord Pastieman.Steve » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:03 am

Bad Guy wrote:I don't get the Gordon Brown bashing, considering he has been left to deal with the shite that Blair left behind...

Tomorrow do Blair then :P
Lord Pastieman.Steve
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love

Location: Leader of the cronies, allegedly LMAO. Just call me Grandad

Postby Ace » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:24 pm

fairydandy wrote:
What is it that you dislike about Gordon Brown? I mean, just what policies of this government so offend you?

I think mine are well documented on this board but, if you are a labour man, you'll stay a labour man. All this crap with the economy, banks, pensions and overspending happened on Labours watch. Every labour government since the war has exitted power leaving the country massivley in debt and leaving the next perty to pick up the pieces.

Labour could have ensured the proper regulation of the greedy bankers by transfering control of the banking network to the Bank of England from an underqualified FSA. In essence, the banks were making the country seemingly billions so a blind eye was turned.

The defence that no one saw this coming or that it is a global issue is no defence. The government are there to see this coming.
Ace
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Bluerhapsody » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:55 pm

Ace wrote:
fairydandy wrote:

I think mine are well documented on this board but, if you are a labour man, you'll stay a labour man. All this crap with the economy, banks, pensions and overspending happened on Labours watch. Every labour government since the war has exitted power leaving the country massivley in debt and leaving the next perty to pick up the pieces.

Labour could have ensured the proper regulation of the greedy bankers by transfering control of the banking network to the Bank of England from an underqualified FSA. In essence, the banks were making the country seemingly billions so a blind eye was turned.

The defence that no one saw this coming or that it is a global issue is no defence. The government are there to see this coming.

So if the Conservatives were in power they would have been the only government in the developed world not to be effected by the banking crisis?. I don`t think so.
Also something about David Cameron gives me the creeps and looking at his shrinking lead in the opinion polls I`m not alone. We don`t need a flashy ,gimmicky leader to get through this and Gordon Brown still seems the safest pair of hands.
Bluerhapsody
Spread Your Wings
Spread Your Wings

Postby Ace » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:24 pm

Bluerhapsody wrote:
Ace wrote:I think mine are well documented on this board but, if you are a labour man, you'll stay a labour man. All this crap with the economy, banks, pensions and overspending happened on Labours watch. Every labour government since the war has exitted power leaving the country massivley in debt and leaving the next perty to pick up the pieces.

So if the Conservatives were in power they would have been the only government in the developed world not to be effected by the banking crisis?. I don`t think so.
Also something about David Cameron gives me the creeps and looking at his shrinking lead in the opinion polls I`m not alone. We don`t need a flashy ,gimmicky leader to get through this and Gordon Brown still seems the safest pair of hands.

The Consevatives have always pressed for the Banks to be regulated by the Bank of England rather than the under-qualified FSA. That said, who knows if they'd have done a better job. Not all the developed worlds banks were affected by the banking crisis. Funnily enough, Spanish banks had far tighter regulation as did Canadian Banks.

The issue surrounding banks was the use of the whiolesale markets to fund extremely rapid expansion. Hence RBS, HBOS and Northern Rock being the most affected. Using short-term money to fund long term debt had its flaws as we can now see. When the wholesale markets closed ranks they were left vulnerable. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but surely, as one of the worlds leaders in financial markets we should have regulated those institutions that relied so heavily on wholesale markets.

With regards to David Cameron looking creepy, I don't see him that way but I'm sure others do. The real issue is "why do people still have faith with a party that has led this country to such a devastating position". In any other walk of live we would lose confidence. I can only surmise that it is one of two things, either good old fashioned party loyalties or secondly, that people are still not yet aware of how bad the problem is.

Government spending, even before the banking crisis, was too high and stealth taxes were driving the country, businesses and individuals in to unsustainable debt. Some of these taxes are still to hit individuals in the future as they are hidden taxes. The usage of these taxes was to bloat the public sector, much in the way Greece did. Efficiency in the public sector has decreased year on year since labour took power and its amazing that now were are in fanancial difficulties, the labour party is claiming that our huge deficits can be controlled by efficiency savings.

What really irks me is Labours refusal to take the proper course of action immediately such that GB PLC is now under the spotlight as a potential for status downgrade. If we are going to make tough decisions, why not make them now. Or is the forthcoming election putting off that decision.

How anyone can see Gordon Brown as being more trustworthy is beyond me. Didn't he lie to the government enquiry to Iraq?

We can talk about Labour until we are blue in the face but history shows that every Labour government since the war has left the country in debt and the Tories have to then introduce policies to sort it out. And those policies hurt, particularly when you are already struggling. But turning a blind eye to the problem and hoping that overly optomistic GDP growth in three years time will dig us out of the hole is frankly negligent.
Ace
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Elessar » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:06 pm

Champs wrote:Obviously a supporter of the other lot.

Is that really the assumption that people make if you voice disapproval of Brown? (or Cameron, I suppose)
Because I don't want anything to think I'm voting for either of them! Lib Dem all the way. They won't win, of course, but they'll probably win in my constituency.
Elessar
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love

Location: Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see

Postby Bluerhapsody » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:23 pm

Perhaps i`m seeing this from another perspective but having worked in the NHS for 28 years I can remember the service cut to basics under the Tories and under Labour the service has been modernised and we have more staff at the coalface.
The thought of a Tory government cutting back on essential services again makes me concerned.
Bluerhapsody
Spread Your Wings
Spread Your Wings

Postby Ace » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:08 pm

Bluerhapsody wrote:Perhaps i`m seeing this from another perspective but having worked in the NHS for 28 years I can remember the service cut to basics under the Tories and under Labour the service has been modernised and we have more staff at the coalface.
The thought of a Tory government cutting back on essential services again makes me concerned.

I think you're right, Labour has increased spending on the health service. But surely all parties would have increased health spending as the economy grew. Haven't all parties agreed to ring fence spending on health?

When we talk about essential services, what do we mean? What is essential to one person is not essential to another. What really is essential however, is to ensure that you can afford your essential services going forward. This year we have £167b over shoot and if anything is going to threaten our essential services its that.

The country can only have what it can afford, otherwise our health services would be even better again than it is now. We have spent tomorrows money on todays needs in the hope that we'll earn more tomorrow. This is a classic Labour trait. But when you follow this strategy two things happen. You have less money tomorrow but you also have to pay interest on what you've borrowed leaving even less money.

A party that delivers the nations "wish list" might be more electable, but its short termism and sooner or later you have to pay back. We did that in the 40's after the war, in the 70's after we went to the IMF for a loan and dispite the Tories getting the public finances back on track during the 80's and 90's we are going to have to do it again.

The consequences of blindly spending on and ignoring the problem (because the solution is unpalatable) are severe. I get taxed too. I use the NHS. I use the schools and public services. These cuts hit Tories as well as Labour voters. Maybe its because I've always tried to be prudent and not create a bigger problem for the future, but I'd like to see public spending brought under control sooner rather than later.

Lets be honest, who ever wins were in for a very hard time. I'd just rather we had a more controlled and prudent course of public spending in the future. Thats why I'm going to vote Tory.

If there was another credible party, I'd consider them. But sadly its a choice between Tory or Labour.
Ace
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Innuendoes » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:17 pm

:-P

Damn lead guitar players. :lol:
"Spread the word and try to teach the man
Who is hating his brother,
When hate won’t do,
‘cuz we’re all the same,
yes the blood inside of me is inside of you"
Innuendoes
We Are The Champions
We Are The Champions

Postby Y2marmar » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:05 pm

WeeMann wrote:1. Open a new file in your computer.

6. Firmly Click "Yes"

7. Feel better?

lol. I'm totally gonna do that with our taoiseach. (Irish prime minister) he's useless
"As a rock star, you stand on stage and go 'Woo, look at me! Aren't I sexy?'"
Y2marmar
The Show Must Go On
The Show Must Go On

Postby Bad Guy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:02 pm

LEWIS HAMILTON & JENSON BUTTON - McLAREN'S 2010 DREAM TEAM!
Bad Guy
BOPOS
BOPOS

Next

Return to FRIED CHICKEN!