Anyone for tennis?

Lay back, relax, and talk about any topic that takes your fancy. Heavy stuff, however, should be posted in IS THIS THE WORLD WE CREATED.

Anyone?

Yes
46%
No
54%

Total votes : 13

Postby Melancholy Blue » Sat Apr 19, 2003 10:57 am

Kes wrote:
Melancholy Blue wrote:
Kes wrote:Going back about 8 pages, that bleep every time the bat hit the ball was REALLY annoying! :evil:

Yes, but entertaining all the same. The first real computer game. I think we've still got it in the loft.

That, and bloody BreakOut, with the rows of coloured bricks! Arghhhh! :shock:

Can't remember that one. Is that an early version of Tetris/Columns?
Melancholy Blue
Spread Your Wings
Spread Your Wings

Postby sparklecats » Sat Apr 19, 2003 11:08 am

Minder wrote:
Melancholy Blue wrote:
Minder wrote:
Melancholy Blue wrote:
Minder wrote:You'll be too young to remember the original electronic tennis game that you pluggged into to the TV set. Before the days of ZX spectrum.
Those were the days, i'm feeling quite meloncholly now! Pun fully intendedImage

I had 2 Sinclair ZX Spectrums. Brilliant stuff. Had loads of games on tape.
Ghouls and ghosts.A kind of pacman game, good stuff. I never had one, the first one i had was an Acorn Electron.

Oh happy days. I had that game. And Horace goes skiing, Beach Head 1 and 2 etc. All the classics. And paperboy!!!!!!!!!1

Did you ever have a sinclair C5? I wanted oine as a kid, but £400 was a lot of money in 1982 for a struggling scouse family[cue the violins]. I was jealous as F**k when the posh kid in neighborhood had one! (and he wouldn't let anyone have a go)
Hi Minder, Don't feel bad, i always wanted an Atari back in 1982 and my cousin was the first one to have it! I was so jealous but i have one now!!! :D The only time i got to play space invaders was once or twice each summer. Paperboy was a cool game but i don't remember what video system it was on in the U.S. Thanks guys for the info on the U.K. game systems. I find that so cool!!! Wow 400pounds that's an incredible amount for back then!!!
peace loves,
cats
sauce and sausages MINDER FOR MOD!!! :)
sparklecats
Spread Your Wings
Spread Your Wings

Postby Kes » Sat Apr 19, 2003 11:15 am

Melancholy Blue wrote:Can't remember that one. Is that an early version of Tetris/Columns?

No, you had a bat, a ball, and about a dozen rows of coloured bricks that disappear as you hit them.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But then forgot how to learn!
Kes

Postby Wolf » Sat Apr 19, 2003 3:21 pm

Kes wrote:
Melancholy Blue wrote:Can't remember that one. Is that an early version of Tetris/Columns?

No, you had a bat, a ball, and about a dozen rows of coloured bricks that disappear as you hit them.

I remember that game, it was ok when it first came out but its all these new versions of it that make it crap, its almost the same but they add a little something to make it seem better when the original was the best one.
Wolf
We Will Rock You
We Will Rock You

Previous

Return to FRIED CHICKEN!