Question for John s. Stuart concerning 'The Miracle'.

Welcome to your first point of call for Queen facts and FAQs, the official partner forum to the Queenonline History Section on the main site.

Question for John s. Stuart concerning 'The Miracle'.

Postby pheonix » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:15 am

Dear John,

Before I ask my question just would like to say how much your informative threads are appreciated on this board - great stuff!

Right, to the question:

In one of the Queen fan club mags around the time queen were in the studio making 'The Miracle' (either '88 or'89 if my memory serves me well), Jackie stated that the Doro twins had filmed them in the process of making this album. Do you know anything about this?

Thanks for taking time out to read this John.
pheonix
Spread Your Wings
Spread Your Wings

Postby John S Stuart » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:00 am

Pheonix: Thank you for your faith in me, and I also thank you for your kindness and appreciation.
Below is the long winded answer you are looking for:

1985 - 'One Vision' (Single)
1986 - 'A Kind Of Magic' (Album)
1987 - 'The Magic Years' VHS trilogy (Inc 'One Vision' in the studio).

1988/89 - Fan club information

1989 - 'The Miracle' (Album)
1991 - 'Headlong' (Single)
1991 - 'Greatest Flix II' (VHS) Debut of 'One Vision' video commercially.
1991 - 'Greatest Flix II' (VHS) Debut of 'Headlong' video commercially.

Based upon earlier exploits (1985 - 'One Vision'), it was assumed Queen would 'video diary' the making of the 'Miracle' sessions. Unfortunately, this was not so, as the cameras were rather distracting, so what began life as a 'good idea' faded due to both logistic and artistic reasons. (ie: Couldn't be bothered!).

Therefore the fan club (based on the best available information and sources at the time) reproduced this information. They were of course half-right, in that it was not 'The Miracle' (either as sessions or as the title track) which was filmed, but, the 'Headlong' single from the sessions.

As far as I know, additional footage does exist, but this has mostly been seen as both promotional and 'making of' videos. Additionally, parts of the 'Headlong' video - was used as audio soundbites, and I believe is the original source of some (but not all) of the 'Queen Talks' ('Show Must Go On' CD b-side).

I hope this helps you find what you are looking for.
John S Stuart
We Will Rock You
We Will Rock You

Postby John S Stuart » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:58 am

So I answered the question ages ago - and not even an acknowledgement?

Oh well, that's life I suppose!
John S Stuart
We Will Rock You
We Will Rock You

Postby Kes » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:59 am

John S Stuart wrote:So I answered the question ages ago - and not even an acknowledgement?

Oh well, that's life I suppose!

Because a lot of this stuff was "farmed" over to this forum, the people who asked the question can't answer you here, see 'Lap Of The Gods' forum where Phoenix has posted about this.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But then forgot how to learn!
Kes

Return to THE COMPLETE WORKS