Question about the Freddie Tribute Concert?

Talk about Queen's live performances!

Re: Question about the Freddie Tribute Concert?

Postby Ice On Fire » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:26 pm

Queen Mercury wrote:I didn't mind Seal or Robert Plant... especially considering the totally horrendous, murdered version of Boh Rhap that was put upon us - I know a lot of people liked it, but sorry, I thought it was dreadful - altho, Liza with a Z, was even worse :roll:

Who did worse at Bohemian Rhapsody in your opinion Elton or Axl?
Times have changed and times are strange
Here I come but I ain't the same
User avatar
Ice On Fire
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free
 
Posts: 10241
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:51 am
Location: The one where you will be the first to forget and you will be the last to remember

Re: Question about the Freddie Tribute Concert?

Postby Queen Mercury » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:40 pm

Ice On Fire wrote:
Queen Mercury wrote:I didn't mind Seal or Robert Plant... especially considering the totally horrendous, murdered version of Boh Rhap that was put upon us - I know a lot of people liked it, but sorry, I thought it was dreadful - altho, Liza with a Z, was even worse :roll:

Who did worse at Bohemian Rhapsody in your opinion Elton or Axl?


Both... altho I think Axl was stoned out of his mind... a sad state of affairs when you are there to pay tribute to someone
Lover of Life, Singer of Songs, The Irreplaceable Legend That Is Freddie Mercury
Image

Proud Mercurian and Member of The D.M.C
Fuck Today, It's Tomorrow - Freddie Mercury
User avatar
Queen Mercury
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now
 
Posts: 3176
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:15 pm

Re: Question about the Freddie Tribute Concert?

Postby Ice On Fire » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:54 pm

Queen Mercury wrote:
Ice On Fire wrote:
Queen Mercury wrote:I didn't mind Seal or Robert Plant... especially considering the totally horrendous, murdered version of Boh Rhap that was put upon us - I know a lot of people liked it, but sorry, I thought it was dreadful - altho, Liza with a Z, was even worse :roll:

Who did worse at Bohemian Rhapsody in your opinion Elton or Axl?


Both... altho I think Axl was stoned out of his mind... a sad state of affairs when you are there to pay tribute to someone

I just think it was an incredbily hard song to do in the first place, and for Elton who was a friend of Freddie's, and for Axl who admired Freddie, I think the emotion of it all got the both them. Understandable if that was the case.
I was nervous watching the finale the first few times cause I thought Axl was going to collaspe :o .
Times have changed and times are strange
Here I come but I ain't the same
User avatar
Ice On Fire
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free
 
Posts: 10241
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:51 am
Location: The one where you will be the first to forget and you will be the last to remember

Re: Question about the Freddie Tribute Concert?

Postby Queen Mercury » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:08 am

Oh deffo, it is a hard song to do and yes I can understand it being emotional for Elton, being a friend of Freddie's, but I still didn't like it. His voice didn't suit it. Axl was just stoned on something from what I could make out, which, in my opinion is disrespectful, especially because of the reason they were all there and someone he is supposed to have admired
Lover of Life, Singer of Songs, The Irreplaceable Legend That Is Freddie Mercury
Image

Proud Mercurian and Member of The D.M.C
Fuck Today, It's Tomorrow - Freddie Mercury
User avatar
Queen Mercury
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now
 
Posts: 3176
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:15 pm

Re: Question about the Freddie Tribute Concert?

Postby Ice On Fire » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:20 am

Queen Mercury wrote:Oh deffo, it is a hard song to do and yes I can understand it being emotional for Elton, being a friend of Freddie's, but I still didn't like it. His voice didn't suit it. Axl was just stoned on something from what I could make out, which, in my opinion is disrespectful, especially because of the reason they were all there and someone he is supposed to have admired

It's not everyones cup of tea ~ it took me ages to be able to like Axls part. Speaking of which I don't know who could have done the part Axl sang with so much power as he did.
Times have changed and times are strange
Here I come but I ain't the same
User avatar
Ice On Fire
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free
 
Posts: 10241
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:51 am
Location: The one where you will be the first to forget and you will be the last to remember

Re: Question about the Freddie Tribute Concert?

Postby Queen Mercury » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:21 am

Ice On Fire wrote:
Queen Mercury wrote:Oh deffo, it is a hard song to do and yes I can understand it being emotional for Elton, being a friend of Freddie's, but I still didn't like it. His voice didn't suit it. Axl was just stoned on something from what I could make out, which, in my opinion is disrespectful, especially because of the reason they were all there and someone he is supposed to have admired

It's not everyones cup of tea ~ it took me ages to be able to like Axls part. Speaking of which I don't know who could have done the part Axl sang with so much power as he did.


Nor me, but someone who wasn't stoned out of their mind would have been good
Lover of Life, Singer of Songs, The Irreplaceable Legend That Is Freddie Mercury
Image

Proud Mercurian and Member of The D.M.C
Fuck Today, It's Tomorrow - Freddie Mercury
User avatar
Queen Mercury
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now
 
Posts: 3176
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:15 pm

Re: Question about the Freddie Tribute Concert?

Postby Ice On Fire » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:31 am

Queen Mercury wrote:
Ice On Fire wrote:
Queen Mercury wrote:Oh deffo, it is a hard song to do and yes I can understand it being emotional for Elton, being a friend of Freddie's, but I still didn't like it. His voice didn't suit it. Axl was just stoned on something from what I could make out, which, in my opinion is disrespectful, especially because of the reason they were all there and someone he is supposed to have admired

It's not everyones cup of tea ~ it took me ages to be able to like Axls part. Speaking of which I don't know who could have done the part Axl sang with so much power as he did.


Nor me, but someone who wasn't stoned out of their mind would have been good

I don't think he was stoned though.
Times have changed and times are strange
Here I come but I ain't the same
User avatar
Ice On Fire
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free
 
Posts: 10241
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:51 am
Location: The one where you will be the first to forget and you will be the last to remember

Re: Question about the Freddie Tribute Concert?

Postby Queen Mercury » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:43 am

Oh hun he was, you could see it a mile off. I don't know if it was drugs or alcohol, but he was deffo stoned
Lover of Life, Singer of Songs, The Irreplaceable Legend That Is Freddie Mercury
Image

Proud Mercurian and Member of The D.M.C
Fuck Today, It's Tomorrow - Freddie Mercury
User avatar
Queen Mercury
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now
 
Posts: 3176
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:15 pm

Re: Question about the Freddie Tribute Concert?

Postby Ice On Fire » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:46 am

Queen Mercury wrote:Oh hun he was, you could see it a mile off. I don't know if it was drugs or alcohol, but he was deffo stoned

I can't see it( :oops: ) maybe because I think the day got to him a bit.
Times have changed and times are strange
Here I come but I ain't the same
User avatar
Ice On Fire
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free
 
Posts: 10241
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:51 am
Location: The one where you will be the first to forget and you will be the last to remember

Re: Question about the Freddie Tribute Concert?

Postby Queen Mercury » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:50 am

Ice On Fire wrote:
Queen Mercury wrote:Oh hun he was, you could see it a mile off. I don't know if it was drugs or alcohol, but he was deffo stoned

I can't see it( :oops: ) maybe because I think the day got to him a bit.


Watch it again hun, honestly he was out of it, I was surprised he managed to sing at all :lol:
Lover of Life, Singer of Songs, The Irreplaceable Legend That Is Freddie Mercury
Image

Proud Mercurian and Member of The D.M.C
Fuck Today, It's Tomorrow - Freddie Mercury
User avatar
Queen Mercury
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now
 
Posts: 3176
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:15 pm

Re:

Postby RCUPIDO » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:28 pm

futuretiger9 wrote:Brian was understandably emotional when he played and sang Too Much Love Will Kill You



Yes,indeed.
I am ROYAL Cimino CUPIDO,a man caught in the Majestic Cosmos of LOVE!...Queen=Bliss,Royal Cimino Cupido=Bliss,Nice Ladies=Bliss,LIFE=BLISS!...Yes!»I MET Natalie Portman at the OSCARS Show!I met Natalie Portman!=SUPERBLISS!...Ah!...
User avatar
RCUPIDO
Spread Your Wings
Spread Your Wings
 
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:30 pm
Location: In Paradise,of course!Ah!

Re: Question about the Freddie Tribute Concert?

Postby Aaron » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:25 pm

Elton John's bit for Bohemian Rhapsody on the keyboard was a joke...he wasn't even playing the tune he must have just alternated the same two chords until the lazy f***er stood up. If you're going to voulenteer to play the song...at least play it right.
Aaron
Spread Your Wings
Spread Your Wings
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:27 pm

Re: Question about the Freddie Tribute Concert?

Postby sunnypoos » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:22 pm

It breaks my heart watching god save the queen, just because Freddie appears on the screen. I cry my eyes out and also to too much love will kill you. Must have been a strange, but oh so wonderful feeling standin' there, in the crowds listen to all those songs and just be there.
[I was aiming for the sky, ended up flat on the ground
But once again the sun is rising, I better keep on walking]


Love is just a functionary momentary caution
User avatar
sunnypoos
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now
 
Posts: 4514
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:16 pm
Location: ministry of silly walks.

Re: Question about the Freddie Tribute Concert?

Postby MustaphaIbrahim » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:15 am

It was such a great concert, as was said in the earlier posts, the artist nailing the songs wasn't really the issue it was the intent behind the songs. Having said that, hahahahaha, I gotta say my lowlight apart from Bowie doing the lords prayer, yuk! Was definitely Axl Rose doing We Will Rock You, he murdered that song. He did put alot of energy in god love him, but some rhythm and pitch would have worked a charm there. It was the most amazing concert, my higlight was definitely Brian singing Too Much Love Will Kill You, it was awesome!
Image
User avatar
MustaphaIbrahim
Spread Your Wings
Spread Your Wings
 
Posts: 358
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:21 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Question about the Freddie Tribute Concert?

Postby Ice On Fire » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:32 am

Speaking about David Bowie, I can't make out what Roger says after David finishes praying. Does anyone know exactly what was said?
Times have changed and times are strange
Here I come but I ain't the same
User avatar
Ice On Fire
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free
 
Posts: 10241
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:51 am
Location: The one where you will be the first to forget and you will be the last to remember

PreviousNext

Return to LIVE KILLERS

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron