WWRY UK Tour....next year?

All about the phenomenal stage show based on the music of Queen.

WWRY UK Tour....next year?

Postby BitterTears » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:01 pm

I was quite surprised today to see an advert for WWRY in Aberdeen next year in my local paper up here.

I don't spend the same amount on Queen related sites as I used to...but how come I hadn't heard about this?! There doesn't seem to be anything about it on BM.com, Queenonline.com or even on these forums.

And presumably if they are coming to Aberdeen, they are coming to other towns and cities as well? Maybe slightly smaller places this time round?

At first I thought it might be a sort of copy-cat 'unofficial' version but tickets are up to £40 so I'm assuming this is the real deal.
BitterTears
Spread Your Wings
Spread Your Wings

Re: WWRY UK Tour....next year?

Postby fairydandy » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:09 pm

Thanks for the info. I did know that the tour was resuming next year though, because I have been watching for more news here:

http://www.wewillrockyou.co.uk/tour/
fairydandy
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby DragonOnMyBack » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:24 pm

fairydandy wrote:Thanks for the info. I did know that the tour was resuming next year though, because I have been watching for more news here:

http://www.wewillrockyou.co.uk/tour/

Same here, but this is the first news I have heard about the venues.
Apparently there is also a Christmas 2010 residency somewhere.
DragonOnMyBack
The Show Must Go On
The Show Must Go On

Location: QUEEN FAN CLUB MEMBER since 1989. We need you, join here http://www.queenworld.com

Postby BitterTears » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:22 am

Also mean to add that tickets go on general sale this Wednesday (they are already available to 'Friends of Aberdeen Performing Arts') so a imagine an official announcement about the whole tour would be forthcoming pretty soon.

Can't remember the exact dates it's playing in Aberdeen but it's early June 2011 to early July 2011
BitterTears
Spread Your Wings
Spread Your Wings

Postby DragonOnMyBack » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:07 pm

More tour details. Its returning to quite a few venues from the last tour and some new ones :

Following a rockin' record-breaking sell-out success in 2009, We Will Rock You returns to play the festive season at the Palace Theatre, Manchester for a strictly limited period - 6 weeks only from 6 December. The show then moves to fill a new home in Scotland - the King’s Theatre, Glasgow for 5 weeks from 17 January. Spring 2011 takes We Will Rock You to the Wales Millennium Centre, Southampton Mayflower Theatre and His Majesty's, Aberdeen before returning to Birmingham Hippodrome in July and August. The show then hits Liverpool Empire from 5 September before returning to rock Bristol in October. After a stop-off at the Grand Theatre, Leeds from 31 October for 5 weeks, we return to the Scottish capital Edinburgh and the Playhouse for a celebratory Christmas 2011 and New Year 2012!
DragonOnMyBack
The Show Must Go On
The Show Must Go On

Location: QUEEN FAN CLUB MEMBER since 1989. We need you, join here http://www.queenworld.com

Postby BitterTears » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:17 am

DragonOnMyBack wrote:More tour details. Its returning to quite a few venues from the last tour and some new ones :

Following a rockin' record-breaking sell-out success in 2009, We Will Rock You returns to play the festive season at the Palace Theatre, Manchester for a strictly limited period - 6 weeks only from 6 December. The show then moves to fill a new home in Scotland - the King’s Theatre, Glasgow for 5 weeks from 17 January. Spring 2011 takes We Will Rock You to the Wales Millennium Centre, Southampton Mayflower Theatre and His Majesty's, Aberdeen before returning to Birmingham Hippodrome in July and August. The show then hits Liverpool Empire from 5 September before returning to rock Bristol in October. After a stop-off at the Grand Theatre, Leeds from 31 October for 5 weeks, we return to the Scottish capital Edinburgh and the Playhouse for a celebratory Christmas 2011 and New Year 2012!

Wow, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen!

Anyways, got tickets today for Aberdeen opening night.

That's a lot of opening nights on this tour though...I wonder if Brian is going to make them all this time? I suspect not but I've done my bit! (I mean, I'm sure he doesn't know what he'll be doing nearly 2 years in advance...) The woman was like 'you can get better seats on the other days' and I was like 'no, I'll take a crap seat'. Although front row of the upper circle isn't too bad. It's not like it's that big a theatre.

edit: ah crap, just checked the website and there was front row tickets still available for the last night...couldn't resist.
BitterTears
Spread Your Wings
Spread Your Wings

Postby The Guitar God QFC Member » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:57 pm

Wonder who the new cast are gonna be this time
A KIND OF MERCURY: DEDICATED TO THE IMMORTAL SOUL OF FREDDIE MERCURY

CURRENTLY ON TOUR!

MAY 16TH 2010: BRANAGANS B&B HINCKLEY, LEICESTERSHIRE 9PM FREE ENTRY
AUGUST 21ST 2010: THE BENN HALL, RUGBY WARWICKSHIRE 7:30PM TICKETS £5
MORE DATES TO FOLLOW!
The Guitar God QFC Member