Misunderstandings/Fake information

Welcome to your first point of call for Queen facts and FAQs, the official partner forum to the Queenonline History Section on the main site.

Misunderstandings/Fake information

Postby IndieJens » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:30 pm

I'm very fed up with all those false information going on about Queen, so I'm gonna make a list of false information. PM me if you wanna add something.

Queen NEVER recorded Mr. Roboto
Queen NEVER recorded Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Roger Taylor NEVER recorded Whadda Ya Want
IndieJens
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Location: lo·ca·tion [loh-key-shuhn] -noun. A place of settlement, activity, or residence.

Re: Misunderstandings/Fake information

Postby ExMing » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:40 pm

Tatterdemalion wrote:I'm very fed up with all those false information going on about Queen, so I'm gonna make a list of false information. PM me if you wanna add something.

Queen NEVER recorded Mr. Roboto
Queen NEVER recorded Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Roger Taylor NEVER recorded Whadda Ya Want

Who, were these claims made by and when? It's not something I've ever come across in the last 30 years.
ExMing

Postby IndieJens » Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:42 am

Those tracks can be downloaded under those names on p2p programs such as DC++, Kazaa etc.
IndieJens
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Location: lo·ca·tion [loh-key-shuhn] -noun. A place of settlement, activity, or residence.

Postby ExMing » Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:55 am

Tatterdemalion wrote:Those tracks can be downloaded under those names on p2p programs such as DC++, Kazaa etc.

So why not correct them at source. I don't see how posting here will enlighten those using the P2P programs.
ExMing

Postby Kes » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:52 am

It's a bit like every parody on KaZaA seems to be by Weird Al Yankovic. People just write his name on there because they haven't got the slightest f*cking clue who really did do them, and as people recognise Al's name as doing spoofs then his name has become synonomous with parody versions of songs.

Oh well, it "could" have been the Barron-Knights, so thank heavens for small mercies.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But then forgot how to learn!
Kes

Postby ExMing » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:05 pm

Kes wrote:It's a bit like every parody on KaZaA seems to be by Weird Al Yankovic. People just write his name on there because they haven't got the slightest f*cking clue who really did do them, and as people recognise Al's name as doing spoofs then his name has become synonomous with parody versions of songs.

Oh well, it "could" have been the Barron-Knights, so thank heavens for small mercies.

Whadda Ya Want is a Billy Sqier song (tenuous link).
Mr. Roboto is a Styx song - why do people mistake it for a Queen song?
ExMing

Postby IndieJens » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:22 pm

Ming wrote:
Kes wrote:It's a bit like every parody on KaZaA seems to be by Weird Al Yankovic. People just write his name on there because they haven't got the slightest f*cking clue who really did do them, and as people recognise Al's name as doing spoofs then his name has become synonomous with parody versions of songs.

Whadda Ya Want is a Billy Sqier song (tenuous link).
Mr. Roboto is a Styx song - why do people mistake it for a Queen song?

I can understand that people are confusing Roger's voice with Billy Squier's voice, I think they sound very similar but Mr. Roboto doesn't sound like Freddie, Brian or Roger at all.
IndieJens
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Return to THE COMPLETE WORKS