Bookmark Icon

The place to report problems, or give feedback about this message board or the entire Queenonline site.

Bookmark Icon

Postby Smeg » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:33 am

All the other sites I have bookmarked have little icons, so I can just have the icon on the toolbar and get rid of the text (saving space). However, QOL doesnt' have one, thereby forcing me to take up extra space with the letters 'QOL'. Is it in any way possible for QOL to get a little icon?
Smeg
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Re: Bookmark Icon

Postby Ian-Highlander » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:45 am

It would be extremely easy for me to create a favicon.ico file (the file you're talking about) however as I no longer have access to upload it to the main directory of the site, it would be useless, so as it stands at the moment the answer's no I'm afraid.
Ian-Highlander
There Can Be Only One
There Can Be Only One

Location: Raising Money For "Make-A-Wish Foundation" On http://www.gcrpeople.com

Postby Tomb0 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:41 pm

Though it wouldn't work on boring old Internet Explorer (as far as I know), you can set the favicon in the page header for FF... I'd appreciate that if you or someone else can edit the template files. If not, I'll just associate Queen with a sheet of paper.
Tomb0
Spread Your Wings
Spread Your Wings

Postby Elekari » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:32 am

Something like this?

Elekari
Spread Your Wings
Spread Your Wings

Postby Ian-Highlander » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:35 pm

Hardly, a favicon.ico file has to be 16 x 16 pixels and have no more than 16 colours in it... ;)
Ian-Highlander
There Can Be Only One
There Can Be Only One

Location: Raising Money For "Make-A-Wish Foundation" On http://www.gcrpeople.com

Postby Goky888 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:34 pm

Yes, but everything related to Queen has to be pompous, magnificent, superb... :mrgreen:
16x16 pixels and 16 colours are for anyone else!!! :lol:
Goky888
Spread Your Wings
Spread Your Wings

Postby JLP » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:01 pm

Didn't there used to be one? A blue star sort of shape.
Come on You Tigers
JLP
Admin from Hull
Admin from Hull

Postby Bad Guy » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:24 pm

Smeg wrote:All the other sites I have bookmarked have little icons, so I can just have the icon on the toolbar and get rid of the text (saving space). However, QOL doesnt' have one, thereby forcing me to take up extra space with the letters 'QOL'. Is it in any way possible for QOL to get a little icon?

How do you manage it without text? I have tried to have just the icon but it won't let me, so I need to put text next to the icon. Could be that we are using different broswers, I am using IE.

:?
LEWIS HAMILTON & JENSON BUTTON - McLAREN'S 2010 DREAM TEAM!
Bad Guy
BOPOS
BOPOS

Postby Smeg » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:28 pm

Bad Guy wrote:
Smeg wrote:All the other sites I have bookmarked have little icons, so I can just have the icon on the toolbar and get rid of the text (saving space). However, QOL doesnt' have one, thereby forcing me to take up extra space with the letters 'QOL'. Is it in any way possible for QOL to get a little icon?

How do you manage it without text? I have tried to have just the icon but it won't let me, so I need to put text next to the icon. Could be that we are using different broswers, I am using IE.

:?

I'm using Google Chrome, I just edit the bookmark and delete the name and the icon stays there.
Smeg
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Return to QUEENONLINE