Pet stories/pics

Lay back, relax, and talk about any topic that takes your fancy. Heavy stuff, however, should be posted in IS THIS THE WORLD WE CREATED.

Re: Pet stories/pics

Postby bhm0129ad » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:14 am

Delilah:

And - like mother like daughter:
bhm0129ad
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby bhm0129ad » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:16 am

Sammy:

bhm0129ad
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Lovely Strife » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:55 am

What lovely cats! :-D
Even a Strife can be Lovely....

O_O Vote for me! I'm a poor uni student! http://www.brickfish.com/Pages/PhotosAlbums/PhotoView.aspx?qsi=29864421
Lovely Strife
The Show Must Go On
The Show Must Go On

Postby Ice On Fire » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:50 am

I love all the pics of them, but the first one pic of Delilah...so inquisitive :) .
Times have changed and times are strange
Here I come but I ain't the same
Ice On Fire
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Location: The one where you will be the first to forget and you will be the last to remember

Postby Lovely Strife » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:54 am

So, so true Ice. :)

O_O Vote for me! I'm a poor uni student! http://www.brickfish.com/Pages/PhotosAlbums/PhotoView.aspx?qsi=29864421
Lovely Strife
The Show Must Go On
The Show Must Go On

Postby Ice On Fire » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:55 am

Lovely Strife wrote:So, so true Ice. :)

I have one of my kitty Storm peering right into the camera...one of my favorites I have taken of him.
Here he is... :biggrin:
Ice On Fire
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Location: The one where you will be the first to forget and you will be the last to remember

Postby Lovely Strife » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:51 pm

*Squeals* How adorable!

Lovely Strife
The Show Must Go On
The Show Must Go On

Postby bhm0129ad » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:35 pm

Thanks you guys, and yes Ice, Delilah is very inquisitive - she ALWAYS has to know what's going on with me - she completely ignores the other two most of the time, but considers herself equal to me, and so is always nosing around me to see what I am doing.

May is very much a daddy's girl however and always interrupts him when eating, sleeping or whatever he is doing - those two are always play-fighting too which is so sweet.
So those two are cats while Delilah is a cat/person LOL.

Storm is a right cutie too, his eyes are a picture :)
bhm0129ad
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Ice On Fire » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:31 pm

bhm0129ad wrote:Thanks you guys, and yes Ice, Delilah is very inquisitive - she ALWAYS has to know what's going on with me - she completely ignores the other two most of the time, but considers herself equal to me, and so is always nosing around me to see what I am doing.

May is very much a daddy's girl however and always interrupts him when eating, sleeping or whatever he is doing - those two are always play-fighting too which is so sweet.
So those two are cats while Delilah is a cat/person LOL.

Storm is a right cutie too, his eyes are a picture :)

Have I asked if your cats are the cuddly type, like the ones that sit in your lap etc. Storm isn't now(he was at first), he is a very energetic kitty these days which has caught my dads attention(not in the best way :-( ) I hope he calms down, I don't mind cats being typical cats, but it annoys the heck out of some people :roll: .
It's great reading and seeing Delilah and Sammy, they look so very content and at ease :inlove:.
Thanks for the compliment and you to LS :) .
Ice On Fire
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Postby bhm0129ad » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:06 am

Delilah is absolutely desperate for my attention almost all the time she is awake. She doesn't sleep on my lap as much as she used to before she had the kittens, but she does still come and kiss my chin when I ask her - and of her own accord too. She does also often lay right next to me and puts a paw, sometimes both up on my leg and holds it there while she sleeps. She also likes to sleep under my quilt behind my legs or at my feet most nights too.
May comes to get a bit of a stroke fairly often, but it soon descends into a play fight cos she is still so young. She is not as attentive as Delilah but she loves being handled. She also likes to sleep under the quilt by my tummy or behind my back.
Sammy is very hard to pet, he decides when he wants it and it's never more than five minutes and it's not every day. He is not the type of cat that will attack anyone for trying to pet him or pick him up, but he will run away or squirm.

As for Storm - the next few MONTHS are gonna be pretty hyper for him - he is gonna do a lot of running around at top speed bouncing off walls etc. Most kittens do it until about 8 months old (I'd say). The best thing you can do to avoid it upsetting your dad is to play with Storm yourself in a room away from your dad - get a little ball or something and roll or throw it around to get Storm tired - otherwise he will just be a little nightmare - bless him.
bhm0129ad
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Ice On Fire » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:27 am

bhm0129ad wrote:Delilah is absolutely desperate for my attention almost all the time she is awake. She doesn't sleep on my lap as much as she used to before she had the kittens, but she does still come and kiss my chin when I ask her - and of her own accord too. She does also often lay right next to me and puts a paw, sometimes both up on my leg and holds it there while she sleeps. She also likes to sleep under my quilt behind my legs or at my feet most nights too.
May comes to get a bit of a stroke fairly often, but it soon descends into a play fight cos she is still so young. She is not as attentive as Delilah but she loves being handled. She also likes to sleep under the quilt by my tummy or behind my back.
Sammy is very hard to pet, he decides when he wants it and it's never more than five minutes and it's not every day. He is not the type of cat that will attack anyone for trying to pet him or pick him up, but he will run away or squirm.

As for Storm - the next few MONTHS are gonna be pretty hyper for him - he is gonna do a lot of running around at top speed bouncing off walls etc. Most kittens do it until about 8 months old (I'd say). The best thing you can do to avoid it upsetting your dad is to play with Storm yourself in a room away from your dad - get a little ball or something and roll or throw it around to get Storm tired - otherwise he will just be a little nightmare - bless him.

Aww.
Thanks for the advice, I can only hope because of the care, time,money and energy I am putting into Storm that my dad will accept him. No way I am giving my little guy up.
Ice On Fire
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Postby Lovely Strife » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:32 pm

The little hog has been extra adorable lately.

Okay, so I came home from work and usually he's sleeping, but two days ago he was awake and running in his wheel. When he realized i was in the room he jumped out and walked over by his food bowl (which he usually does when he wants some mommy-hoglet time) so I picked him up and we cuddled for over an hour. It was so adorable. I had a really rought night and just spending time with that little guy made all the difference.

:inlove: Sonic is a wonderful little guy. I've been considering getting him a friend but I'm not sure if I want to or not. I mean... He loves being a spoiled rotten only hoglet and I would hate for him to feel like I don't love him as much. On the other hand having another little hog to play with (not live with, they are quite anti-social and can hurt each other [both accidentily and on purpose] if they share a cage) and to have around the house would be so nice. I just don't know.... ?_?

Lovely Strife
The Show Must Go On
The Show Must Go On

Postby IndieJens » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:01 pm

My favourite pic of my dog:

IndieJens
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Location: lo·ca·tion [loh-key-shuhn] -noun. A place of settlement, activity, or residence.

Postby queenb » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:33 pm

I brought 2 goldfish from the pet shop the other day - i called the first "One and the second "Two".

So now if one dies i still have two...
Out of darkness cometh light
queenb
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Lovely Strife » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:01 am

queenb wrote:I brought 2 goldfish from the pet shop the other day - i called the first "One and the second "Two".

So now if one dies i still have two...

Well, it's nice to know that you plan ahead for the death of your pets.... :-P

Lovely Strife
The Show Must Go On
The Show Must Go On

PreviousNext

Return to FRIED CHICKEN!