the end of the world starts at CERN, september 2009

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related)

Re: the end of the world starts at CERN, september 2009

Postby Inny » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:48 pm

How exactly have TWO posters, who buy joining the forum int he first place have proven they have at least one functioning brain cell as the robot detector would have stumped them otherwise, have used the phrase "they are everywhere", totally without irony???!!

"THEY infilitrated CERN"?? Who??????????? Al Quaeda? If you mean Al Quaeda then please, please tell me we haven't lost sight of reality to such an extent that now the Muslim part of that issue is more scary than the violent extremist, part? It's not Muslims you need to worry about, it's extremists of any persuasion, the current trend is for violent extremists from the Middle east to be Muslim, location is sort of key there, that does not mean there's a correlation in the other direction, i.e, Muslim is not equivalent to terrorist, or to any kind of "they" you might come up with.

I'm not saying "it's not all of them", I'm saying there is no them, no they and nothing here but ridiculous paranoia coming from what as Dee says, should be a congratulations to France on their investigation, for apprehending a TERRORIST.

Belle Leisha wrote:
Delilah wrote:
Inny wrote:FFS, a person can't joke around with you people can they? Especially when they are branded as only having 1 brain cell, being an idiot, liar and everything else under the sun. :sleepy:

That did not look like a joke to me.

No and I actually said at least one. And who called you an idiot or a liar? If you were joking why the drama?

Well, look who's having a fit. You're jumping up and down screaming (referring to the all caps in your post plus the ?????????? and the !!!!!!!!!!!!). Who wouldn't think that was just a little bit of an accusation. But nooo, this place has always gotta have someone to fight with and I'm the last one to post so it looks like I'm fair game tonight. WRONG.

Saying things like "proving the haver at least 1 functioning brain cell" and the rest of the crap just doesn't feel real nice, you know?

Oh, and they actually caught 2 terrorists, not one. If you want to go on believing there is no such thing as a terrorist??? That's what your wording in the one paragraph looks like. Surely you can't believe that, can you?

The US just caught 4 different terror cells in the past month plus an additional man who actually tried to blow up a large building using a fertilizer bomb exactly or nearly like the one used in the OKC Federal building bombing. He even drove the truck under the building, had it set to blow when he pushed a button or keyed in something on a cell phone and proceeded to do just that. Thank God the guy he thought was his accomplice was actual a Federal agent of some sort and when he pushed the button, it called somewhere else (military or federal officials) and the bomb didn't go off. All those people's lives were saved.

Did anyone give a care to post about that on here? NO. Why?

For the 1,000th time, I do NOT think all muslims are terrorists. If you guys can't figure that out, that's not my problem. Accuse away if you want. I could really care less anymore.
“'Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons. The truth will win this marathon in court.'”
Inny
The Show Must Go On
The Show Must Go On

Postby Belle Leisha » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:36 am

Okay, let's straighten this out then.

Inny wrote:
Well, look who's having a fit. You're jumping up and down screaming (referring to the all caps in your post plus the ?????????? and the !!!!!!!!!!!!). Who wouldn't think that was just a little bit of an accusation. But nooo, this place has always gotta have someone to fight with and I'm the last one to post so it looks like I'm fair game tonight. WRONG.

Yes, you have boldened and enlargened part of my post which is making it look rather worse, but you're absolutely right, I was pretty much staggered, enough to evoke a truly ???? type expression, to see several of the posts in this thread.

I'm not sure what you mean by accusation, I said I can't believe a phrase you used, has been used twice. You said you were joking and I definitely specified "used without irony", so if you were joking, so being ironic, then my post did not refer to you at all.

I don't want to fight with you, or anyone else, but in the same way that you do, I do respond to posts that I have a view on. I do have a view on this. Whatever your problem is with that is yours, not mine.

Saying things like "proving the haver at least 1 functioning brain cell" and the rest of the crap just doesn't feel real nice, you know?

Now this, is absolutely true. There is no excuse for being quite that sarcastic, I was completely determined never to get into this again, but somehow it always comes back to this. Someone will say something completely unfair, completely blind and insensitve to the pain and hurt such unfounded ideas cause in the bigger picture. QOL isn't that serious and I'm not going to pretend it is. But if other people find it serious enough to present their anti-Muslim views here, there will be those who argue against them, I'm one of them and yes, frustration does often lead to sarcasm. Again, if you are not part of that, if you're not anti-Muslim, then I'm not talking to you. As it goes, I did actually particularly notice your post because the other two are shameless racists, it's hardly surprising and not worth worrying about. You, on the other hand, I would hope doesn't actually think like that.

I'm sorry if I offended you. Sadly the same never seems to be true in reverse.

Oh, and they actually caught 2 terrorists, not one. If you want to go on believing there is no such thing as a terrorist??? That's what your wording in the one paragraph looks like. Surely you can't believe that, can you?

Which part of my post suggests I don't believe in terrorists? The bit where I said the important thing is they caught a terrorist? (Two terrorists, my bad, no actual difference to the post though.)

The US just caught 4 different terror cells in the past month plus an additional man who actually tried to blow up a large building using a fertilizer bomb exactly or nearly like the one used in the OKC Federal building bombing. He even drove the truck under the building, had it set to blow when he pushed a button or keyed in something on a cell phone and proceeded to do just that. Thank God the guy he thought was his accomplice was actual a Federal agent of some sort and when he pushed the button, it called somewhere else (military or federal officials) and the bomb didn't go off. All those people's lives were saved.

Did anyone give a care to post about that on here? NO. Why?

Not sure what your point is here. I didn't know about that, clearly you did. Why didn't you post about it if you think it's significant? I would have thought it is, well done to the agents who stopped it. :?

For the 1,000th time, I do NOT think all muslims are terrorists. If you guys can't figure that out, that's not my problem. Accuse away if you want. I could really care less anymore.

I never said you did. In fact I specified I was *not* trying to remind people that not all Muslims are terrorists, I pretty much consider than sentence insulting and prejudiced. If I was to say not all Christians are terrorists, you'll understand my problem. Not a significant percentage of Christians are terrorists. There are millions upon millions of western Muslims and to say 'not all of them are terrorists' is a painful understatement. Most Muslim people are just ordinary people trying to live ordinary lives and because of people who don't realize the significance of that, they can't. Ordinary, innocent people are abused and insulted in the streets because of nothing more than pig ignorance and the misguided idea that the way to fight hate is with more of it.

Yes, there are Islamic terrorists in rising numbers today and it's a terrible thing. We are not, however, in imminent danger of being taken over by Al Quaeda members Muslimifying the world. That kind of hysteria mongering is dangerous and something we really should have learnt from by now.

I'm a restless kinda gal, there's No Turning Back Now

http://www.phoenixfirefoundation.com
Belle Leisha
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Postby action » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:31 am

there will always be terrorist sympathisers who will deny the light of the sun

two al-quade people infiltrated CERN, but even that is angstily denied

who were it then? maybe the US government sent patrick swayze and michael jackson on an undercovermission, their simulated deaths would prove most convenient, as it turns out. after all, MJ was still dancing like there was no tomorrow a day before he died, and PS looked remarkably good in his lasts pictures. yeah belle, i think you will believe that sooner than that they were two al-quade members
what have i become?
my sweetest friend
everyone i know
goes away in the end
action
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Postby Delilah » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:41 pm

clown wrote:there will always be terrorist sympathisers who will deny the light of the sun

who were it then? maybe the US government sent patrick swayze and michael jackson on an undercovermission, their simulated deaths would prove most convenient, as it turns out. after all, MJ was still dancing like there was no tomorrow a day before he died, and PS looked remarkably good in his lasts pictures. yeah belle, i think you will believe that sooner than that they were two al-quade members

Reading and comprehension just ain't your thing, is it?
Delilah
I'm a pretty c**t

Postby action » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:02 pm

Delilah wrote:
clown wrote:there will always be terrorist sympathisers who will deny the light of the sun

Reading and comprehension just ain't your thing, is it?

no, but then again some people do so much of it they wont reckognize a problem even if it bit them in the ass
what have i become?
my sweetest friend
everyone i know
goes away in the end
action
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Postby Delilah » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:14 pm

clown wrote:no, but then again some people do so much of it they wont reckognize a problem even if it bit them in the ass

That made absolutely no sense.
Delilah
I'm a pretty c**t

Postby action » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:29 pm

Delilah wrote:
clown wrote:no, but then again some people do so much of it they wont reckognize a problem even if it bit them in the ass

That made absolutely no sense.

that's because you think too much for a blonde ;)
what have i become?
my sweetest friend
everyone i know
goes away in the end
action
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Postby Belle Leisha » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:06 pm

Leaving aside for a moment, the fact you are a complete tool... :P

I did not say they were not Al Quaeda members, in fact I said they were.

I also said that does not give any one an excuse to talk general shit about Muslim people.

Even as I explain this, you can guarantee the words aren't going in and from the words well done on catching the terrorists, you will still get 'terrorist sympathiser'. From 'stop being a mad paranoid lunatic not everyone with a beard is out to kill you', you will still get 'there is no such thing as terrorism'.

Nevermind eh.

I'm a restless kinda gal, there's No Turning Back Now

http://www.phoenixfirefoundation.com
Belle Leisha
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Postby JLP » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:18 pm

They must be clever ther Cern terrorists. I mean they miust have found a way to blow everyone up who isn't a Muslim. Or do they intend to wipe out the whole population? :P
Come on You Tigers
JLP
Admin from Hull
Admin from Hull

Postby Greywoolfe » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:00 pm

I have a beard, and I feel like killing him sometimes, but I'm not a Muslim. Funny ol' world, eh? :P
Greywoolfe

Postby lord of all darkness. » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:39 am

JLP wrote:They must be clever ther Cern terrorists. I mean they miust have found a way to blow everyone up who isn't a Muslim. Or do they intend to wipe out the whole population? :P

I think history shows that terrorists dont care who they kill. If some of their own die, they just think they are creatin martyrs. Also the terrorists leaders will blame the deaths on the US and the West so as to recruit more young people to their sick causes.
lord of all darkness.
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby action » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:10 am

Greywoolfe wrote:I have a beard, and I feel like killing him sometimes, but I'm not a Muslim. Funny ol' world, eh? :P

maybe you're a muslim spy yourself ;)
what have i become?
my sweetest friend
everyone i know
goes away in the end
action
I Want To Break Free
I Want To Break Free

Postby JLP » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:38 am

lord of all darkness. wrote:
JLP wrote:They must be clever ther Cern terrorists. I mean they miust have found a way to blow everyone up who isn't a Muslim. Or do they intend to wipe out the whole population? :P

I think history shows that terrorists dont care who they kill. If some of their own die, they just think they are creatin martyrs. Also the terrorists leaders will blame the deaths on the US and the West so as to recruit more young people to their sick causes.

But if clown is to believed CERN is gonna mean the end of the world. So the terrorists will wipe everyone out and there will be no one left to appropriate blame. ;)
Come on You Tigers
JLP
Admin from Hull
Admin from Hull

Postby Elessar » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:58 pm

I have a theory about CERN.
Apparently the theoretical risk of CERN creating a black hole is vanishingly small because of a phenomenon known as 'Hawking radiation'. Were it not for Hawking radiation, the risk could be greater, and CERN could destroy the Earth or the entire Universe.
In 'Amadeus', Salieri sees Mozart's immense talent as an insult to him by God, and vows to get revenge on God by destroying Mozart. I think that Hawking is trying to take that to the next level by destroying the Universe. When they asked him if CERN has safe, he fudged the data, came up with 'Hawking radiation' and said it'll all be fine. In reality, the Universe will be ended, and Hawking will have well and truly beaten God - thoroughly outsmarting him despite the disability that God gave him.

The above is satirical. Obviously.
Elessar
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love

Location: Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see

Postby action » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:34 am

omg what if it's true :cry:

we're all going to die :cry:
what have i become?
my sweetest friend
everyone i know