The world will now end

This is the place for topical debate and discussion about anything in the world (non-Queen related)

Re: The world will now end

Postby Kes » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:17 pm

Inny, it's years and years of indoctrination, my friend.

It can get to the point where you get so convinced in your ways, and so anti what the other lot are saying, that you pretty much believe whatever info is thrown your way, as long as it's plausible. How correct it is, is irrelevant. You've believed for years that the other side are a pack of lying bastards out to screw you, and so your guy must be right.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But then forgot how to learn!
Kes

Postby Delilah » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:18 pm

This country is full of crazy white people. Would you believe that I know several people who think that Obama is the antichrist?

So it really doesn't matter what the bill says. Logic isn't involved. One third of the country is a bunch of irrational fucktards, and most of them are in my geographic region.

So Inny, it's a waste of your time even trying to argue it. I doubt you could find many of these nutjobs who wouldn't want you to have healthcare or want children to be denied health insurance for pre-existing conditions, yet they will still virulently oppose this bill. They don't even know what's in the bill, but they know that they hate it. They don't have to know why. "Knowledge" is not a concept that they embrace.
Delilah
I'm a pretty c**t

Postby Innuendoes » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:56 am

Delilah wrote:This country is full of crazy white people. Would you believe that I know several people who think that Obama is the antichrist?

So it really doesn't matter what the bill says. Logic isn't involved. One third of the country is a bunch of irrational fucktards, and most of them are in my geographic region.

So Inny, it's a waste of your time even trying to argue it. I doubt you could find many of these nutjobs who wouldn't want you to have healthcare or want children to be denied health insurance for pre-existing conditions, yet they will still virulently oppose this bill. They don't even know what's in the bill, but they know that they hate it. They don't have to know why. "Knowledge" is not a concept that they embrace.

Oh I tell you what. This guy will search out anything he can find that's anti-Democrat and never research a bit of it.. he'll go with anything he can find, overhear or see and being a telemarketer by trade, it's a hard fight, let me tell you. ROTLFOL. Imagine 2 telemarketers debating against each other. What a laugh. Neither side will EVER win that one. :lol: Oh and he's not exactly white, either. He's 1/2 Italian and the other half is from somewhere in the Middle East.
"Spread the word and try to teach the man
Who is hating his brother,
When hate won’t do,
‘cuz we’re all the same,
yes the blood inside of me is inside of you"
Innuendoes
We Are The Champions
We Are The Champions

Postby Ace » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:40 am

Kes wrote:Inny, it's years and years of indoctrination, my friend.

It can get to the point where you get so convinced in your ways, and so anti what the other lot are saying, that you pretty much believe whatever info is thrown your way, as long as it's plausible. How correct it is, is irrelevant. You've believed for years that the other side are a pack of lying bastards out to screw you, and so your guy must be right.

Pretty much like our political loyalties. The only reason Labour still have a chance at the next election is that people don't believe how bad off this country is. You can tell them to your blue in the face but......

The media in America don't seem to hold back when they debate the issues and this seems to rev people up. Some of the claims coming out of the American media are frankly absurd but it just re-enforces what people want to believe. Again, like the labour party in the UK.
Ace
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Delilah » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:49 am

You know, this is just pitiful. When did any vestige of human compassion leave these people?

I know that Kes and Elessar posted this earlier, but it just highlights the whole thing. And now we've got death threats on our politicians? The Republicans really should know better than to rile up the rednecks. It's just not bright. It's a terrorist attack or an assassination just waiting to happen. And then they'll all stand back and say "Oh no, but we don't condone violence! It's not our fault!"
Delilah
I'm a pretty c**t

Postby Innuendoes » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:31 am

Delilah wrote:You know, this is just pitiful. When did any vestige of human compassion leave these people?

I know that Kes and Elessar posted this earlier, but it just highlights the whole thing. And now we've got death threats on our politicians? The Republicans really should know better than to rile up the rednecks. It's just not bright. It's a terrorist attack or an assassination just waiting to happen. And then they'll all stand back and say "Oh no, but we don't condone violence! It's not our fault!"

Yea, that's the same way I got treated in the youtube comments when this all went wild on there. People told me to just go die. :?
When hate won’t do,
‘cuz we’re all the same,
Innuendoes
We Are The Champions
We Are The Champions

Postby Elessar » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:35 am

Are they happy to get fucked over if they get seriously ill due to a pre-existing condition that they didn't know about? If they are, and are willing to take their chances, and will roll over and let nature take its course when they're horribly ill, then you can't accuse them of being hypocrites....but is that really how they feel? Or are they just thinking in the here and now instead of looking at the bigger picture?
Elessar
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love

Location: Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see

Postby Lady Godiva the 1st » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:59 am

Can someone please explain to me exactly what is the issue here? Because I really can’t see why the health bill is such an evil, baby-killing, granny murdering thing? :shock:
Lady Godiva the 1st
Spread Your Wings
Spread Your Wings

Postby Lady Godiva the 1st » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:41 am

Elessar wrote:I don't mean all unincorporated areas, obviously. Most of the Las Vegas Strip is part of an unincorporated area!
I saw some pretty rough looking places on the way to and from Vegas though - so, between Death Valley and Vegas, and then between Vegas and Joshua Tree. Little shanty towns in the middle of the desert.

Did you ever pass Bridgeport? It’s near Mono Lake, about 20 miles from the Nevada border. Population 800, most of the houses and businesses are boarded up or for sale. We spent a night there and had an absolutely killer time with the locals. It’s sad to think that in 5 years or so the town might not even exist anymore.

I'm still pissed we missed each other in Cali...

Anyhoo, I digress :oops:
Last edited by Lady Godiva the 1st on Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lady Godiva the 1st
Spread Your Wings
Spread Your Wings

Postby Knute » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:58 am

Lady Godiva the 1st wrote:Can someone please explain to me exactly what is the issue here? Because I really can’t see why the health bill is such an evil, baby-killing, granny murdering thing? :shock:

Essentially, this bill means the wealthiest Americans will have to pay more, so the powers that be and the party that represents these wealthy have convinced a segment of the population that this bill means the end of Old Glory, apple pie, and all things dealing with freedom and liberty.
They have done this by further subverting the deep partisan divide between Democrats and Republicans. They have also done this by playing on the fears of ignorant people and by stoking the fires of racism and bigotry.

I predict this political strategy (which is what it ultimately is) is going to backfire in a bad way and end up hurting the GOP more than help them.
Knute
Don't Stop Me Now
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Innuendoes » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:47 am

Elessar wrote:Are they happy to get fucked over if they get seriously ill due to a pre-existing condition that they didn't know about? If they are, and are willing to take their chances, and will roll over and let nature take its course when they're horribly ill, then you can't accuse them of being hypocrites....but is that really how they feel? Or are they just thinking in the here and now instead of looking at the bigger picture?

I really can't say what these people are REALLY like but I can just about guarantee, they'd be the first ones bitching if they were denied healthcare because they had a pre-existing condition.

All I can tell you is that they are violent, at least verbally. Some of them act like they are damn near ready to riot.
When hate won’t do,
‘cuz we’re all the same,
Innuendoes
We Are The Champions
We Are The Champions

Postby Delilah » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:26 pm

Lady Godiva the 1st wrote:Can someone please explain to me exactly what is the issue here? Because I really can’t see why the health bill is such an evil, baby-killing, granny murdering thing? :shock:

It isn't. This really has nothing to do with healthcare.
Delilah
I'm a pretty c**t

Postby Elessar » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:15 pm

It's Jesus vs Obama. That's what it's come to.

Out of those two, I'd pick Obama anyway. Jesus was a bit too hot-headed for my liking.
Elessar
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love

Postby Elessar » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:12 pm

This thread should be merged with the Pope thread - it's becoming increasingly clear that Obama and Radzinger are both the AntiChrist, and that the sex abuse scandal and the healthcare reform will precipitate the Rapture in 2012.
Elessar
Somebody To Love
Somebody To Love

Postby Kes » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:21 pm

I didn't want to make the connection between the two.

In terms of getting everybody in the States singing from the same hymn sheet, if Obama can't do it, then I doubt anyone currently high profile in US politics can.

As regards the pope who sounds like a variety of serving eggs, strange the religion he promotes, should shun the question of accepting people who prefer gay sex, yet almost condone it when it involves a priest, and a male child pre the pubic hair phase. Can't get my head round that one.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But then forgot how to learn!
Kes

Previous

Return to IS THIS THE WORLD WE CREATED?