BM solo re-releases: "We're working on a plan"

Good Company - The Life Of Brian
Ray

Re: BM solo re-releases: "We're working on a plan"

Post by Ray »

Kes wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:25 pm A bit more detail than the last time I read this page..

Powell died on 5 April 1998 following a car crash while driving his Saab 9000 at 104 mph (167 km/h) in bad weather on the M4 motorway near Bristol. He had been dating a married woman who was having issues with her husband. Upset, she phoned him and asked him to come quickly to her house which was approximately 35 miles (56 km) away. As he was driving to her house, she phoned him again and asked "Where are you?" He informed her he was on his way and she then heard him say "Oh shit!" followed by a loud bang.

Powell was ejected through the windscreen and died at the scene. According to the BBC report, at the time of the crash Powell's blood-alcohol reading was over the legal limit, and he was not wearing a seat belt, in addition to talking with his girlfriend on his mobile phone. The official investigation also found evidence of a slow puncture in a rear tyre that, it was suggested, could well have caused a sudden collapse of the tyre with a consequent loss of control of the car.

Source: wikipedia.
If that's all true, he couldn't have done more wrong...what a waste. :(

WeeMann

Post by WeeMann »

Leigh Burne wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:12 pm
WeeMann wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:32 pmThere was an instrumental version though, wasn't there? I'm certain I remember it, but I can find any reference to it now.
There was, but it was only ever on one of Cozy’s albums (under the name “Ride to Win”). The other instrumentals all got onto various Back to the Light singles. That was what I was trying to say :)
WeeMann wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:36 pmThey're the same basic tracks, but the solo guitar he played over the top was different.
I didn’t know that! Thanks for the info!
So Nothin' But Blue was on a B side as an instrumental called Nothin' But Blue Guitar Version, but this was a different mix to Somewhere In Time on Cozy's album, although the backing track was the same.

I'm convinced there was a Resurrection Guitar Version too, which also differed from Ride To Win.

I could, of course, be totally wrong.

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

WeeMann wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:55 pmI'm convinced there was a Resurrection Guitar Version too, which also differed from Ride To Win.

I could, of course, be totally wrong.
Would be news to me. For what that's worth :lol: