Re: BM solo re-releases: "We're working on a plan"

Post by midnight sky »

BitterTears wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:28 pm

'Lots of juicy extras' also mentioned!
Wow. Bring it on. 8-)

FunnyHowLoveIs

Post by FunnyHowLoveIs »

Back To The Light is full of Queen like music. I really flipped on "Rolling Over" at first listen so long ago, it rocks, especially with the multi singers throughout in unison, I ask, is there any live performances?

FunnyHowLoveIs

Post by FunnyHowLoveIs »

Of worthy note? How intuitive Windows is..with in excess of 10,000 mp3's on board, as I began reading the post about reissues, my thoughts turned to "Back To The Light" and "Resurrection" while typing here about "Rolling Over' the very next song out of shuffle play using www.winamp.com was none other than "Resurrection". That, is the sheer beauty and madness of Windows imho.

MyHumanZoo

Post by MyHumanZoo »

I’d love it if he did! Back to the Light is great, although I feel like if Freddie or someone else had sung most of the songs it would have done really well. Too Much Love Will Kill You and Driven By You were good for Brian’s voice, the rest were musically really good but seemed weak with his voice, in my opinion. Still love it though.

Ray

Post by Ray »

BTTL ist really great! I have the standard CD, but would appreciate a rerelease with some extras...at best with a bonus DVD with the Brixton 93 concert!

BitterTears

Post by BitterTears »

Wonder if there's much in the way of unreleased goodies. Just a collection of everything previously released in one place would be nice enough. I've heard Brixton enough times though, I love it but I think I could play that whole album perfectly in my head. I wonder if they have any other night of that tour recorded they could release. Kind of like how Queen released the 'other' night of Wembley a few years back. And the RAH concert from the Another World tour would be lovely. That's my most wanted extra.

WeeMann

Post by WeeMann »

I replied to that Instagram post asking about RAH, but no response.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Around the time of BTTL, Brian was working on a lot of things.

Amongst probable extras would be the four tracks from the T.E. Conway EP, the swearing version of Love Token, the two tracks on the Cozy Powell album (more or less instrumentals of Ressurection and Nothin' But Blue. There's Slot Machine that he did with Chris Thompson and Steve Hackett.

I'd love to see the Brixton Academy and Albert Hall gigs get a release on a disc video format, as well.

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

Excellent news. Been wanting for a Brian May box set.

Remember when he had Live at the Brixton Academy remastered, then all we got were a couple of YouTube vids? Always thought that was bizarre, and a sign that he had at least half a mind to do something more with it.