BM solo re-releases: "We're working on a plan"

Good Company - The Life Of Brian
Kes

Re: BM solo re-releases: "We're working on a plan"

Post by Kes »

I guess sometimes things get forgotten about, and sometimes they are quite consciously omitted.

One involves the suspicion of somebody not doing their job fully, the other involves somebody with artistic control, deciding something wasn't worthy of being included. Somewhere out there, lies the truth.

Ray

Post by Ray »

BTTL gets an artbook, too...

To celebrate the re-release of the acclaimed Back to the Light - which just broke into the top ten album charts around the world - The London Stereoscopic Company publishes a captivating book of Brian May artwork by talented new artist Sarah Rugg, illustrating Brian’s transformational journey during the making of his powerful debut solo rock album - first released almost 30 years ago. ⁣ ⁣

BACK TO THE LIGHT - ⁣ Brian May Artwork by Sarah Rugg⁣ ⁣

A donation from each book will be made to THE SAVE ME TRUST, which fights every day of the year for the rights of Britain’s wild animals.⁣ ⁣

Brian May:⁣
“Sarah Rugg was one of the first to produce original works inspired by my work, and not limited to my activities in Queen; she also became the first to act as a channel for me to appreciate the work of others on social media. Her talent is undeniable, and her output nothing short of prodigious.” ⁣ ⁣

Brian, so impressed by artist Sarah Rugg’s Brian-inspired artworks (‘Bri-Art’) posted on Instagram, suggested that they should be shared with a wider audience in the form of this beautiful album-sized coffee table book ‘Back to the Light’.⁣ ⁣

BACK TO THE LIGHT Brian May Artwork by Sarah Rugg is available now at £25 to complement the current re-master and re-issue of the album.⁣ ⁣

AND there are eight FIRST EDITION books, signed by Brian and Sarah available at £500: This highly collectable first edition book comes with a signed, numbered certificate and a set of 4 specially boxed stereoscopic cards to celebrate Sarah’s outstanding talent at producing 3-D artwork - these are accompanied by a Steampunk OWL designed by Brian

eiricd

Post by eiricd »

re-release peaked at #10 in Germany it seems?
# 20 in Austria
# 52 in Belgium (I seriously wonder what that means in physical sales!)

any other chart positions from around the globe?

WeeMann

Post by WeeMann »

Kes wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:25 pm I guess sometimes things get forgotten about, and sometimes they are quite consciously omitted.

One involves the suspicion of somebody not doing their job fully, the other involves somebody with artistic control, deciding something wasn't worthy of being included. Somewhere out there, lies the truth.
I had a quick listen online to the single version of I'm Scared and it wasn't as different as I remembered. The drum break doesn't have the talking over it and it sounds like it may be a different vocal take. If I'm right, it could simply be that Brian doesn't like the mix.

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

It's not drastically different (other than maybe all the overlapping vocals in the break being absent) but if you listen to both versions one after the other you can hear it's definitely an alternate take rather than just a remix.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Not the best thing he's ever written, either version.

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

Easily my least favourite song on the album and the only one I might be inclined to skip, but it's still not a bad track. If it's the worst the album has to offer then it's not a bad album.

daga

Post by daga »

eiricd wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:01 am re-release peaked at #10 in Germany it seems?
# 20 in Austria
# 52 in Belgium (I seriously wonder what that means in physical sales!)

any other chart positions from around the globe?
49 in Poland, only one week drop out from TOP50

Mr Nice Guy

Post by Mr Nice Guy »

I don't know if had been posted before... The Driven By You [Cozy and Nel version] on the Out Of The Light CD is in fact from 1991, not 1993, right?

rpt81

Post by rpt81 »

Mr Nice Guy wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:00 pm I don't know if had been posted before... The Driven By You [Cozy and Nel version] on the Out Of The Light CD is in fact from 1991, not 1993, right?
92, most likely, as it was on the CD single for TMLWKY that year. On iTunes it seems to have tagged the whole first disc of the album as 93 :| EDIT: Though I guess that might be related to the US release date of the album