BM solo re-releases: "We're working on a plan"

Good Company - The Life Of Brian
Kes

Re: BM solo re-releases: "We're working on a plan"

Post by Kes »

There's a show at the LA Forum, that he got a few of the BTTL B sides from, as well.

eiricd

Post by eiricd »

Kes wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:22 am There's a show at the LA Forum, that he got a few of the BTTL B sides from, as well.
actually, the live tracks are from The Palace Theatre in LA :) small venue compared to the Forum.
Still!!!

why not throw on the complete gig as a bonus to Brixton...dunno what elese he might have from that tour on audio....
There's a great pro video from Barcelona 93 - but if I was to guess, BRian doesn't have the multitracks...

And Albert Hall 98 needs a dvd release - it's now or never!
I actually sent Rudi Dolezal a question about this, on his youtube show...

Kes

Post by Kes »

At least I got the city right.

There's also a little show he did in Paris, at least on audio, where the live tracks on the Red Special EP was recorded at.

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

eiricd wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:40 pmactually, the live tracks are from The Palace Theatre in LA :) small venue compared to the Forum.
Still!!!
Actually, to be entirely correct, only "Too Much Love Will Kill You" is from the Palace.

The other two live B-sides were recorded as part of Brian's appearance on The Tonight Show. "Tie Your Mother Down" features a guest appearance by Slash.

Mona Lisa

Post by Mona Lisa »

Great news!!! Finally!

eiricd

Post by eiricd »

Leigh Burne wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:19 am
eiricd wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:40 pmactually, the live tracks are from The Palace Theatre in LA :) small venue compared to the Forum.
Still!!!
Actually, to be entirely correct, only "Too Much Love Will Kill You" is from the Palace.

The other two live B-sides were recorded as part of Brian's appearance on The Tonight Show. "Tie Your Mother Down" features a guest appearance by Slash.
I stand corrected :)

eiricd

Post by eiricd »

Kes wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:15 pm At least I got the city right.

There's also a little show he did in Paris, at least on audio, where the live tracks on the Red Special EP was recorded at.
would be great to get the whole (mini) set

a similar gig happened in Rome, and the video was recently leaked. Filmed on a tripod I think , looks really good for a bootleg

and speaking of really good video bootlegs - there is one from the BBTL 93 tour somewhere in the US, I think it might be New Haven, or some city where he came through twice.
I think it's filmed by the guy who did the QPR Worchester 2006 gig, and only leaked 3 songs of it. He has also filmed some, in trader's circles, VERY sought after Rush gigs. Looks great for a bootleg.
I have the Brian gig on vhs somewhere, but I wouldn't know where to look......

Kes

Post by Kes »

eiricd wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:45 pm
I stand corrected :)
Moi aussi. But I'll take the seated option, if that's still available.

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

eiricd wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:49 pmwould be great to get the whole (mini) set
Yeah, hopefully that would included as part of any Another World reissue. Most of the stuff on it was just B-sides or single edits but those two live tracks were never made available outside of the EP.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Just for anyone who never got to see it.

Brian's VH1 semi acoustic set for Another World.