BM solo re-releases: "We're working on a plan"

Good Company - The Life Of Brian
Leigh Burne

Re: BM solo re-releases: "We're working on a plan"

Post by Leigh Burne »

I normally hate these meaningless, presumptuous lists, but I was listening to some Brian solo stuff earlier today and these are the things I really hoping might get included in any reissue(s):
  • The Star Fleet stuff, including the single edit of the title track and "Son of Star Fleet", neither of which has ever been released outside of the original vinyl single. (You'd think the basic album tracks would be a shoe-in for inclusion with Back to the Light, given that they were issued as B-sides to the title track.)
  • The Brixton and Albert Hall concerts, preferably in video form.
  • The aforementioned Red Special exclusive live tracks.
  • Talking of Love. (Probably a stretch even suggesting that one, but again, it's never been released outside of the original vinyl.)

Kes

Post by Kes »

Leigh Burne wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:57 pm .
[*]Talking of Love. (Probably a stretch even suggesting that one, but again, it's never been released outside of the original vinyl.)
....and cassette.

As an aside, I've got a genuine official EMI Swindon pressed 3 track CD of the complete Star Fleet Project, as per the original vinyl. The only copy I've ever seen, ANYWHERE, is the copy I own. People would probably question if it's real, but I'm very convinced it is.

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

Kes wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:09 pmAs an aside, I've got a genuine official EMI Swindon pressed 3 track CD of the complete Star Fleet Project, as per the original vinyl. The only copy I've ever seen, ANYWHERE, is the copy I own. People would probably question if it's real, but I'm very convinced it is.
Neat.

Those tracks are among the few BttL B-sides I’ve actually gone to trouble of tracking down. I’d love to get hold of the single edit of the title track, because I‘ve always thought it’d make a great little song at a more manageable length.

eiricd

Post by eiricd »

Leigh Burne wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:36 pm
Kes wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:09 pmAs an aside, I've got a genuine official EMI Swindon pressed 3 track CD of the complete Star Fleet Project, as per the original vinyl. The only copy I've ever seen, ANYWHERE, is the copy I own. People would probably question if it's real, but I'm very convinced it is.
Neat.

Those tracks are among the few BttL B-sides I’ve actually gone to trouble of tracking down. I’d love to get hold of the single edit of the title track, because I‘ve always thought it’d make a great little song at a more manageable length.
I think the guitar versions of some of the album tracks are well worth seeking out too. (Where lead guitar replaces lead vocals)
Can’t remember how many tracks, but I alway enjoyed them a a lot, and it made for interesting comparisons

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

eiricd wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:31 pmI think the guitar versions of some of the album tracks are well worth seeking out too. (Where lead guitar replaces lead vocals)
Can’t remember how many tracks, but I alway enjoyed them a a lot, and it made for interesting comparisons
I've come close to pulling the trigger on those singles a few times.

But now I figure it makes more sense to wait and see what we get (if anything) in the way of expanded reissues.

WeeMann

Post by WeeMann »

eiricd wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:31 pmI think the guitar versions of some of the album tracks are well worth seeking out too. (Where lead guitar replaces lead vocals)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=427&start=13

;)

eiricd

Post by eiricd »

WeeMann wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:59 pm
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=427&start=13

;)
:)

Mona Lisa

Post by Mona Lisa »

Exciting times, hopefully we hear very soon news about the Brian solo material!!!
He said, it would be in the spring, right?
Even, if it is the most disappointing thing ever (in case there is no bonus or whatsoever) I am very excited of having remastered solo material from Brian, or even, if not remastered: newly published.
I must say that the "Another world" album, has always been a strong candidate for my favourite solo album of a Queen member.
Back to the light..... not bad either.

runner70

Post by runner70 »

Kes wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:25 am Just for anyone who never got to see it.

Brian's VH1 semi acoustic set for Another World.

How can his acoustic sound like a full blown electric guitar. SOunds pretty doctored up

Kes

Post by Kes »

Nope. I've got an Ovation round back 6-string acoustic copy with an internal microphone, that when plugged into an amp, and effects pedal, behaves and sounds just like an electric guitar.

Check out The Dance by Fleetwood Mac. Lyndsey Buckingham doesn't change his acoustic guitar all through the set, and does lead guitar solo's and all sorts during that.

All you're doing with either type, is taking a signal, amplifying it, and distorting it with effects. It "can" be done just by overdriving the signal, and turning it up.