What's your favourite recent song of Roger? What do you think of The Unblinking Eye ? (As that's the one for me...)

Tenement Funster Talk
Mona Lisa

What's your favourite recent song of Roger? What do you think of The Unblinking Eye ? (As that's the one for me...)

Post by Mona Lisa »

The Unblinking Eye, for a strange reason, is my favourite Roger song in the recent years (I mean, since the years 2010's).
I base my choice of what feelings it brings me, and for some reason, it's always that song that is stuck in my mind over the years. That chorus with the 'Aaaahaaa' is really memorable and special.
The other songs, I quite forgot them.... even though I enjoy listening to them.

It's surprising, because at first it had to grow on me. (And I don't like the electronic violin---horrible--but that's not what I remember)

And you, what's your choice?

Frank

Re: What's your favourite recent song of Roger? What do you think of The Unblinking Eye ? (As that's the one for me...)

Post by Frank »

The Unblinking Eye was a real treat when it first came out, but if we're talking about his latest album Fun On Earth it wasn't a particular high point.

For some reason, Sunny Day really stands out. Technically, the song's been around much longer, but this version of it is amazing. I also really appreciate his collaboration with Jeff Beck for Say It's Not True. Again, not a new song, but the new version has so much power and energy. Really, the bulk of Fun On Earth is quite good.

Also the updated version of Dear Mr. Murdoch is quite good instrumentally. Great arrangement.

FunnyHowLoveIs

Re: What's your favourite recent song of Roger? What do you think of The Unblinking Eye ? (As that's the one for me...)

Post by FunnyHowLoveIs »

The one Roger Taylor track from his complete solo and The Cross efforts, is probably his most emotional and raw vocal track of 'em all and is my clear favorite, "Laugh Or Cry".
Another is the cover of my song, "Prelude To September 11, 2001 Leonda (I'm Coming Home) overheard entirely while out to dinner via satellite radio circa 2003 - 2004 in Hyannis, unmistakably Roger's backing vocals and his drums as only those two instruments along with an unknown singer did justice to my song that is cryptically about and two week prior to 09/11/01, originally posted august 29. 2001 in googlegroups.com alt.music.queen (which still exists today). There is a live version of Roger solo with a Asian/Japanese artist, Yoshiki? They perform probably the best version outside of Freddie "A Kind Of Magic".

Am I the only person alive to compare Roger to Rod Stewarts voice?