Roger's next solo album

Tenement Funster Talk
BitterTears

Re: Roger's next solo album

Post by BitterTears »

There's a bundle on the QOL Store. The CD, vinyl and cassette with a signed art card. The success they've had with these signed pre-order in the past, maybe Roger's got a chance at a top ten album here, if they sell all 1000 bundles. 3000 physical sales alone must give you a decent chart placing these days

Didymus

Post by Didymus »

BitterTears wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:09 pm There's a bundle on the QOL Store. The CD, vinyl and cassette with a signed art card. The success they've had with these signed pre-order in the past, maybe Roger's got a chance at a top ten album here, if they sell all 1000 bundles. 3000 physical sales alone must give you a decent chart placing these days
The Manic Street Preachers got to #1 last week with 27,000 sales. 91% of those came from physical copies.

3,000 sales would probably get you into the overall Top 30, maybe just into the Top 20 on a quiet week. I think he'll need to pull a surprise alternative version or two (a picture disc or pink vinyl maybe) during launch week to budge his way up the chart.

BitterTears

Post by BitterTears »

Today's the day!

Giving it a first listen now. QOL store don't seem to have dispatched my order yet but it is on streaming.

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

Mixed opinion about Roger 's new album . Imho the new album is weaker than solo albums such as Fun in Space, Strange Frontier, Happiness, Electric Fire.
Considering the long breaks between albums, it turns out that he didn't write much. 10 new songs one mixon a well-known song, one cover song. And this is "Outsider" ?

BitterTears

Post by BitterTears »

Need to listen to it a few more times but it's tough to rate it as a standalone album when I already know half the songs on first listen. Will take a while for it to sort of crystallise all those songs together into one album in my head.

I really liked the acoustic Foreign Sand.

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

My CD just arrived, hopefully I'll get a chance to give it a spin today.

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

Waiting for mine. Need to give it a listen before Sunday's gig in Manchester.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Just received the blue vinyl, should hopefully get the CD tomorrow, before setting off for Newcastle.

Hutchence

Post by Hutchence »

Sir Didymus wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:42 pm
BitterTears wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:09 pm There's a bundle on the QOL Store. The CD, vinyl and cassette with a signed art card. The success they've had with these signed pre-order in the past, maybe Roger's got a chance at a top ten album here, if they sell all 1000 bundles. 3000 physical sales alone must give you a decent chart placing these days
The Manic Street Preachers got to #1 last week with 27,000 sales. 91% of those came from physical copies.

3,000 sales would probably get you into the overall Top 30, maybe just into the Top 20 on a quiet week. I think he'll need to pull a surprise alternative version or two (a picture disc or pink vinyl maybe) during launch week to budge his way up the chart.
So, what do you think, how much copies will Rog sell in the first week ? Brian was just shy of 7k with No.7 spot under his belt.
I say, 5500 copies is realistic number. Of course, I hope it'll be more...

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

I‘ll check my local store today. Let’s see, if they‘ve Roger’s new album here.