Questions/Guidelines/Loasa Stuff

Sit back, relax, and get into some friendly chatter about Queen.
Posts made in this forum do not count towards your post count.

Questions/Guidelines/Loasa Stuff

Postby Belle Leisha » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:02 pm

Hi all. :)

Since we're starting over again here, it's a good opportunity to leave behind anything not so great about the old board and improve things any we can here.

To that end, there are a few things I'd like to suggest and I'm sure you all have your own ideas. So leave your suggestions here basically! Anything suggested, generally agreed with that's possible, I'll either do or find out if someone else can. :D

With the 100-page rule Loasa will be less full anyway as we won't have several various ages of Café on the page at any given time. Can I suggest though that we reduce spam in general? Keeping off topic subjects into single threads, for example merging the "You know you're a Pauline..." and "Paul Right Now" threads, into one Paul related thread. Keeping Cozy Powell pictures, fanfiction and fanchat in one thread? Also in light of recent, "Brian is a MAN"...threads... :lol: ...One thread for utterly random stuff might also be good!

Loasa has a fantastic self contained community and that is brilliant, but integrating slightly more with the rest of the board would also be a positive thing and not having too many spam threads to wade through might help us to that end. Elimination threads for example, we can probably all safely agree lesson learned there, one at a time! :mrgreen:

My part done with! Over to you then. Anything I can do, say the word. Anything I can't do, say it anyway, I'll shuffle awkwardly and point out that no, I can't really change our fantasy Café waiters into the real thing... ;)
But Eden is burning, either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage, of the changing of the guard

Belle Leisha
Don't Stop Me Now

I'm a Restless Kinda Girl, There's No Turning Back Now!

Re: Suggestions

Postby Clementine » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:10 pm

I like the idea of having one Cozy thread, one Paul thread, etc. Most of the various threads about the same person have already been a mixture of pictures, chatting and discussions. But I´d keep a seperate thread for fanfics, because I fear that parts of them will go lost if we put them into a random thread. My suggestion for fanfics is a thread/subforum of its own, if that´s possible.
Meanwhile, I ask you to be my clementine
RIP Eva and Emma

Clementine
We Will Rock You

best bold bubbling beautiful bonkers briliant Beaver

Postby Jack » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:15 pm

I agree with you on merging some of the threads... and reducing spam even though I used to do that quite a bit - maybe I've grown? lol, well it truly has been awhile when I first joined QOL. I remember it being very different then.

I also thought if threads like "Cheaters" should be put into some other board? Maybe that would make people look into the other parts of the forum as well. :D I dunno..

Ah, I dunno. xD
Taylorette: Tenement Funster

Only words can make the silence needed.

Jack
Spread Your Wings

Postby Belle Leisha » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:16 pm

Andi - Well one thread for fanfics would also work, but obviously there are other Queen related threads with fanfiction in them, Brian's Nuts, for example, which as they are completely on topic wouldn't need to be merged at all. That said I don't know how many threads include non-Queen fanfiction, I did think Cozy was the only one!

Belle Leisha
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Belle Leisha » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:21 pm

Jack wrote:I agree with you on merging some of the threads... and reducing spam even though I used to do that quite a bit - maybe I've grown? lol, well it truly has been awhile when I first joined QOL. I remember it being very different then.

I also thought if threads like "Cheaters" should be put into some other board? Maybe that would make people look into the other parts of the forum as well. :D I dunno..

Ah, I dunno. xD

Yeah that would be an idea, Another World would be the place for non-Queen artists if you wanted to move them to Another Forum. Although over there you're not really cheating. ;)

Belle Leisha
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Clementine » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:22 pm

Okay, in that case I haven´t said anything :mrgreen:

I know it from other messageboards that there are sprecial forums for fanfics and everyone who writes a fanfic starts a thread where they post the chapters and the readers can leave their comments. And when a story is finished, this thread moves into the fanfiction archive as to read only. :)
RIP Eva and Emma

Clementine
We Will Rock You

Postby Brian's Biggest Fan » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:26 pm

Yes, Belle, Cozy was the only one who had his own fan fiction thread. I guess most of my Cozy fan fictions could go into a seperate fan fict thread. And as far as pictures of him go, well we could just have one therad for all the artists who worked with Queen. It could be something like Queen+ or something.
Image-Ed Alonzo as Max from Saved By The Bell

Brian's Biggest Fan
We Will Rock You

Me with the misfit of magic, Ed Alonzo

Postby Belle Leisha » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:27 pm

Clementine wrote:Okay, in that case I haven´t said anything :mrgreen:

I know it from other messageboards that there are sprecial forums for fanfics and everyone who writes a fanfic starts a thread where they post the chapters and the readers can leave their comments. And when a story is finished, this thread moves into the fanfiction archive as to read only. :)

No, no, all good to hear!

That would be great but I seem to remember there being very mixed opinion about fanfiction on the board as a whole. Threads, certainly, but I don't think a subforum is possible. I will certainly ask though if this is a popular idea?

Belle Leisha
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Belle Leisha » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:30 pm

Brian's Biggest Fan wrote:Yes, Belle, Cozy was the only one who had his own fan fiction thread. I guess most of my Cozy fan fictions could go into a seperate fan fict thread. And as far as pictures of him go, well we could just have one therad for all the artists who worked with Queen. It could be something like Queen+ or something.

If you want a thread just for Cozy stuff, go ahead, one thread isn't getting in anyone's way and he does have a vague Queen link about him. ;) A Queen+ thread might be good too actually!

Belle Leisha
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Jack » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:31 pm

Belle Leisha wrote:Yeah that would be an idea, Another World would be the place for non-Queen artists if you wanted to move them to Another Forum. Although over there you're not really cheating. ;)

Well I guess the thread name has to be changed to "Uncheaters" or something. :P

About fanfics... Uh, well, if such thread/subforum/whatever is created, I think wanrnings and such are very important in the title. I know what a mess it can create if people read stuff they don't want to and... the word gets around and people start bitching and I don't think that's good. :(
Taylorette: Tenement Funster

Only words can make the silence needed.

Jack
Spread Your Wings

Postby Clementine » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:36 pm

Belle Leisha wrote:
Brian's Biggest Fan wrote:Yes, Belle, Cozy was the only one who had his own fan fiction thread. I guess most of my Cozy fan fictions could go into a seperate fan fict thread. And as far as pictures of him go, well we could just have one therad for all the artists who worked with Queen. It could be something like Queen+ or something.

If you want a thread just for Cozy stuff, go ahead, one thread isn't getting in anyone's way and he does have a vague Queen link about him. ;) A Queen+ thread might be good too actually!

Does that mean, I can have a Paul thread, too? :)

Jack wrote:About fanfics... Uh, well, if such thread/subforum/whatever is created, I think wanrnings and such are very important in the title. I know what a mess it can create if people read stuff they don't want to and... the word gets around and people start bitching and I don't think that's good. :(

In the board I´ve been talking about, there is a sticky thread, where everyone posts a short summary of their story, and adds a category where you can see how big the role sexuality plays in the fanfic is (you can compare that to the restrictions of some movies for children)
RIP Eva and Emma

Clementine
We Will Rock You

Postby Brian's Biggest Fan » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:38 pm

So there's no harm in me doing one thread for my Cozy fan fictions and one for pictures then? Yes he does have a vague Queen link, doesn't he? Very vague. I'm glad you like the Idea of the Queen+ thread. I was thinking we could have pictures of Spike Edney, Danny Maranda, Jamie Moses, etc. in the thread.
Image-Ed Alonzo as Max from Saved By The Bell

Brian's Biggest Fan
We Will Rock You

Me with the misfit of magic, Ed Alonzo

Postby Belle Leisha » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:46 pm

No, please keep it to one Cozy Powell thread, if you want to post fanfic in it, feel free, if you want a whole thread for Fanfic then it should really be a general thread for anyone to post any fanfic they want and to echo Anna who is absolutely right, please be careful with your warnings. Maybe post a brief content summary on the page, then you chapter or story in a spoiler.

Belle Leisha
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Belle Leisha » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:48 pm

Clementine wrote:
Belle Leisha wrote:

Does that mean, I can have a Paul thread, too? :)

Jack wrote:About fanfics... Uh, well, if such thread/subforum/whatever is created, I think wanrnings and such are very important in the title. I know what a mess it can create if people read stuff they don't want to and... the word gets around and people start bitching and I don't think that's good. :(

In the board I´ve been talking about, there is a sticky thread, where everyone posts a short summary of their story, and adds a category where you can see how big the role sexuality plays in the fanfic is (you can compare that to the restrictions of some movies for children)

Of course you (we :P ) can have a Paul thread! I just think one, rather than several essentially all with the same content. Paul has more than a passing connection to Queen after all.

There are communities specifically for Queen fan fic you know, I mean so I'm told, I would never venture into such things... :twisted:

Belle Leisha
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby WhiteMouse » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:50 pm

To be honest, I'd have Powell in Queen+ thread.
Melka, please don't take offence. *hugs* It's just there are only the two of us discussing it. The rest are very rare guests. I think we have other ways to discuss it. Plus as soon as our project is finished it'd be even less to talk about.
What do you say? *is nervous*
Ooh, it makes me wonder...

WhiteMouse
Spread Your Wings

M - Mischievous, Marvelous, Mild Mannered, Mesmerizing and has Mad as a Hatter

Next

Return to Lazing On A Sunday Afternoon