The Captioneers Must Go On

Sit back, relax, and get into some friendly chatter about Queen.
Posts made in this forum do not count towards your post count.

Re: The Captioneers Must Go On

Postby Bea » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:52 am

Boring old me.

I like my coffee by Nescafe. My tea by Clipper.

I would have my water out of the tap, except for the fact that I'm on the top floor of a block of flats and the water travels through everybody else's to get to mine. So my water is by Tesco.

Music is the only language in which you cannot say a mean or sarcastic thing.

Bea
Spread Your Wings

I like morphine it's brilliant.

Postby nicksmithworld » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:09 pm

‘...and I find myself thinkin', well, what would you do?’

nicksmithworld
The Show Must Go On

Postby Bea » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:23 am

Way back when hair was brown and holidays in Venice were a treat.

Bea
Spread Your Wings

Postby nicksmithworld » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:44 pm

Brian, "Well I'm surprised you bought anything in the boutique after all that, Anita!"
Anita, "Oh don't be so sensitive dear!"
Brain, "So sensitive?!"
Anita,"Just because she mistook you for another band member, at least she knew which band you're in!"
Brian, "She call me 'Freddie Fandango!! She said, 'I know you, you're one of the Galileo men!' I mean really!"
Anita, "Can you please just leave it? Let's just enjoy the rest of the afternoon".
Brian, *Sarcastically* "OK, fine-eee" *Sigh*

nicksmithworld
The Show Must Go On

Postby Isolde Jane Holland » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:38 pm

Roger: "Brian is playing with his nipple again."

Brian: "I am not! I just have an oddly-shaped mole right here."

Roger: "Your entire life is an oddly-shaped mole."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Let them eat cake, she says, just like Marie Antoinette......"

Killer Queen: "Actually, I've gone gluten-free these days, so could you change it to 'Let them eat kale' instead?"

"No. Because Marie Antoinette never said anything about blasted kale!"

La Riene: "If I don't object, why should you? And Marguerite, please remove all of this horrible GLUTEN!"

Marguerite: "This is a weird caption. A hundred days of Trump has clearly driven her insane."

Isolde Jane Holland
Spread Your Wings

The Captioneers Must Go On

Postby Isolde Jane Holland » Sat May 20, 2017 2:53 pm

I can't tell Roger's daughters apart, so if I misidentify one, don't hesitate to correct me; I welcome it.

Daughter: "Tell me, WHAT do those stupid Kardashian sisters have that we don't have??"

Roger: "My guess would be a bunch of STDs."

Daughters in unison: "DADDY!!!"

Daughter: "That show was amazing!! The Beatles are like, the greatest British band of all time!!"

Roger: "Glad you enjoyed it; but any more talk like that, young lady, and you're out of the will."

I don't have anything for this, just mildly surprised that Roger is a Converse guy. I loved Converse for years, and it's alarming to find any fashion overlap between us! (Sorry, but he's a little trendier than me.) But of course it would be the green ones!!

Rufus: "Just call me Rufasina!"

Roger: "If you ever do transition, promise you won't pick the name Rufasina."

Lily: "My family, folks."

I don't have a caption, this just seemed nice and appropriate for prom season. I like the print of the dress (Lola?) on the far right best. I didn't go to my prom, but I remember that evening Mom - who is as subtle as a runaway wagon - asked,"Isn't there some kind of party going on over at the school tonight?" By way of an answer, I observed,"There is a girl in my class whose upper arm weighs more than my whole body, and she's at the prom tonight. So are girls with BO, and breath you can chin yourself on. One has a voice so shrieky she makes Fran Drescher sound like a harp solo. And they don't want to be picked up in the guy's parents' borrowed Buick, either: they want the rented limo. ALL the bells and whistles." About once every two years I would horrify my parents with some speech like this, and after that they'd be just fine with me only talking about the weather, shopping, animals and movie/tv quotes.

But I did get to go to Homecoming at college a few months later. It was a fix-up, and he was a fellow student who had been going with the same girl for two years. But his friends/family hated her, and her friends/family hated him. So when they broke up - like clockwork every six months - everyone would hurry to set them up with "someone decent for a change." (That's where I come in.) The break-ups never lasted more than a week or two, and they'd get back together. Anyway, since I didn't have a formal gown, I starved for a week to fit into Mel's dress; she's such a sylph. But his old girlfriend was at the venue, and touchingly reunited about twenty minutes after we arrived. Since I'd only met him an hour before, it wasn't exactly an Adele lyric. I had arrived at a venue with a guy, and tasted my first ever macaron! So from my perspective, firmly in the 'win' column.

Isolde Jane Holland
Spread Your Wings

Postby Bea » Sun May 21, 2017 7:14 am

Isolde Jane Holland wrote:I can't tell Roger's daughters apart, so if I misidentify one, don't hesitate to correct me; I welcome it.

[b][size=130]Daughter: "Tell me, WHAT do those stupid Kardashian sisters have that we don't have??"

Roger: "My guess would be a bunch of STDs."

Daughters in unison: "DADDY!!!"

MISSY!!!!!!!!!!

He's got some lovely looking children. I too like the dress on the right. Perhaps the other two got the 'style' gene from their dad. The black and white one has pockets and is just too much. the middle one needs a couple of daddie's socks to fill the bra part up.

I think the chap in the blue shirt is wearing a 'Freddie' tash. It can't be real it looks ridiculous.

I'm off to see Pepperland next week. It's a dance thing of some sort, it's a celebration of Sgt Pepper using all the music.

New trainers (cheepies from Ebay) I'm loving the hickies.

Bea
Spread Your Wings

Postby nicksmithworld » Sun May 21, 2017 12:45 pm

Freddie, "So this isn't First Class? For God's sake what is happening??"

nicksmithworld
The Show Must Go On

Postby nicksmithworld » Sun May 21, 2017 12:46 pm

Just saw this on facebook, I don't like it at all. I understand the sentiment but still. :o

nicksmithworld
The Show Must Go On

Postby nicksmithworld » Sun May 21, 2017 12:49 pm

Isolde Jane Holland wrote:I don't have a caption, this just seemed nice and appropriate for prom season. I like the print of the dress (Lola?) on the far right best. I didn't go to my prom, but I remember that evening Mom - who is as subtle as a runaway wagon - asked,"Isn't there some kind of party going on over at the school tonight?" By way of an answer, I observed,"There is a girl in my class whose upper arm weighs more than my whole body, and she's at the prom tonight. So are girls with BO, and breath you can chin yourself on. One has a voice so shrieky she makes Fran Drescher sound like a harp solo. And they don't want to be picked up in the guy's parents' borrowed Buick, either: they want the rented limo. ALL the bells and whistles." About once every two years I would horrify my parents with some speech like this, and after that they'd be just fine with me only talking about the weather, shopping, animals and movie/tv quotes.

But I did get to go to Homecoming at college a few months later. It was a fix-up, and he was a fellow student who had been going with the same girl for two years. But his friends/family hated her, and her friends/family hated him. So when they broke up - like clockwork every six months - everyone would hurry to set them up with "someone decent for a change." (That's where I come in.) The break-ups never lasted more than a week or two, and they'd get back together. Anyway, since I didn't have a formal gown, I starved for a week to fit into Mel's dress; she's such a sylph. But his old girlfriend was at the venue, and touchingly reunited about twenty minutes after we arrived. Since I'd only met him an hour before, it wasn't exactly an Adele lyric. I had arrived at a venue with a guy, and tasted my first ever macaron! So from my perspective, firmly in the 'win' column.

*Adopts Freddie's voice*, "Well perhaps if you'd been a bit more 'in focus' dear, you'd have had more luck?" #JustABlur :-|

nicksmithworld
The Show Must Go On

Postby Isolde Jane Holland » Sun May 21, 2017 7:41 pm

Bea wrote:MISSY!!!!!!!!!!
He's got some lovely looking children. I too like the dress on the right.

New trainers (cheepies from Ebay) I'm loving the hickies.

Turquoise and carnation pink! Two excellent choices. ;) Do you know that I've NEVER won an eBay auction? Even when I bid more than the item is worth! I wait until the last thirty seconds - refresh the page - bid $3 more than the current highest bid - and invariably get this message: "You've been outbid! But you can still win by submitting a bid in the amount of......auction over." :cry: :mad:

And Bea, you just helped me recreate one of my favourite and funniest memories with my Mom. I know I've told this story before because it's so typical of our interaction. I was about 14, and looking at a sale flyer from a big local department store. Because it was April, there was a two page spread with five spring dresses in it. I pushed it across the kitchen table and said,"Which of these do you think I'd like?" She pointed at the ugliest dress and said,"This?" I was actually offended. "No!" She next pointed at a dreary blah dress and said,"This?" Jeez. To end the torture, I asked in exasperation,"Which one do you like?" She said,"Oh, there's no question" and pointed at the one I loved. "That's what I like, too! Why wouldn't you think I'd like that?" She hesitated,"Well....you just have such awful taste!" :lol: (And yet a dozen times I've walked in and she's exclaimed,"That's so cute! Where did you get it?")

Never thought about it before, but Freddie had considerable silver fox potential. Not unlike.......

Isolde Jane Holland
Spread Your Wings

Postby Bea » Mon May 22, 2017 6:50 am

nicksmithworld wrote:Just saw this on facebook, I don't like it at all. I understand the sentiment but still. :o

This is awful. I think Freddie would have gone bald, it was definitely thinning way back then. John was never very pretty when he was young, and he's not really grown into it either. Roger's brow is getting longer, and for all that fluff Brian's hair is thinning and has been for quite a while now. One of my visits to see WWRY I sat on the balcony right above him, definitely thinner on top. Mind you he had half an inch of grey root and the rest was dark back then.
Aaah the good old days when the thought of going to London was such a treat, now it's a nightmare.

Bea
Spread Your Wings

Postby nicksmithworld » Tue May 23, 2017 4:59 pm

Freddie, "The way the press says we're too flamboyant really goads me, I mean really, what are they thinking?!"
Rog, "I know, can I use your mascara?
Freddie, "Of course dear, help yourself!"

nicksmithworld
The Show Must Go On

Previous

Return to Lazing On A Sunday Afternoon