'Stars of Lovingness in their hair' QOLs Remembrance Thread

Sit back, relax, and get into some friendly chatter about Queen.
Posts made in this forum do not count towards your post count.

Postby Isolde Jane Holland » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:34 pm

This thread is dedicated to the five keen and sorely missed Queenonline Forum members who have gone on before us, but will not be left behind: Bethany (Tig) Emma, Eva (RogerRabbit) Julia (Crown Jules) and Zephanie.

I've pasted in some items from their individual threads on the old forums, and I'll gradually add others. Regrettably, I don't have my own computer right now, so the time I can spend online is seriously restricted.

The thread title quote, by the way, is from Brian's song White Queen! :

Belle Leisha: I didn't know all of them well, but they did all have a lot of friends here. It is really sad, but at the same time to know people would turn to this place at the worst moments, makes me think it's worthwhile.

Amy May: Siobhán, that's absolutely beautiful, I have tears in my eyes. It's a lovely thing to do for them.
We'll never forget you girls, you'll always be in our hearts. We miss you.

BriansRubberDuck: Belle that was just so so beautiful! It brought a tear to my eye. Thanks for doing it. I like to try and make sure people still remember other members who have left us too soon even though I never knew Bethany or Julia. Thanks for this Belle

Belle Leisha: Thank you both, you're absolutely welcome too. I know most of us did know at least one of the girls and I know it does always feel like you want to have more tangible ways to remember those you did know than just remembering.

Bethany I only knew very briefly and only spoke to a couple of times, she was just staggeringly brave. The one I knew the best was Julia, her online imprint is pretty much gone, even her username is gone now, not many people knew her well, I suppose in the grand scheme of things neither did I, but it felt like I did. She was inspiring. Zephie and Eva again I only spoke to a couple of times but they both struck me as sweet and charming, wonderful people. Emma of course is more recent, God love her, well all of them, I can't really comprehend their bravery.

Obviously it was kinda Loasa they were all a real part of, so it seems only fitting to have one last thread for them here.

Samii-Jane: I knew Zephie the best; we chatted a few times. She was wonderful.

The same with Eva; we chatted about music and other bands we liked. She was so sweet; 'not a bone in her body.

Alas I did not know the other girls (it pains me to say it like that ) as well, but I know that they were all, as Siobhán said, so brave and wonderfully courageous; God bless them all.

Amy May: I talked a bit with Bethany, but I was new and not very good with my English then, unfortunately. Julia and I sent messages to each other after her accident, and she sent some smaller updates on how she was doing, all the way till she had to leave the forum.
Zephie was my fellow Swede, and we almost met at a concert. We had quite good contact, and the same with Eva.
And Emma is, as you already said, the recent one. I loved reading her updates

They all have inspried me so much with their courage and fighting spirits. Admirable.

Barbarella: I'm in tears right now. Thank you so much Siobhán for making this video, it's simply beautiful.

And of course, all those lovely ladies (who unfortunately, I didn't get to know as well as I would have liked) will never be forgotten.

Amy May: Zephie's passing hit me the most too. I was in bits.
And the fact that she's at the same age as my sister was horrible to think of too. She's still very often in my thoughts. In fact, they all are, in one way or another.

Barbarella: No worries Siobhán; I always cry like a baby over beautiful things like this.

And Samii is right... and it's so unfair. Especially people who are practically children, like Zephie...

Samii-Jane: I know what you mean, Siobhán. The world has such horrible ways of telling us how wonderful people are.

Belle Leisha: I cried like a lunatic yesterday reading through all the tribute threads, I think Zephie's got me the worst, she was just a kid. Reading Zephie and Eva's messages from Brian was gutwrenching, funny that something like that could be so important. I seem to Remember Bethany and Julia getting the same, privately. Emma's good luck messages for mine and Danielle's sponsored walk are just heartbreaking, she said *I* was very brave! They were all extraordinary, it's just so unfair that this had to be how we saw that most clearly.

Samii-Jane: It's inspirational how we all came together to support eachother. Relationships and friendships aren't always scorned over the internet.

So true! (And I apologise to Siobhan for virtually cannibalising her thread on here! :blush: )

Bethany's family: We have just come across this quite by accident and don't feel we can leave without saying how wonderfully touching the video is.

May we take this opportunity of passing on our warmest regards to those who continue to remember Bethany, and our sincere sympathy to all those who knew Zephie, Eva, Julia and Emma.

Thank you,
Jonathan and Laura.

In the future I hope to post some representative quotes from the girls themselves.

Forget Me Not » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:13 pm

Hello friends, it’s Anne here, Emma’s mum.

I just thought I’d let you know that this is ‘me’.

Well I’m not liking all this either - it feels very unfamiliar and just not the same to me (not being the place Emma knew). But it’s the people who make up a forum isn’t it? And Emma brought me to know some very lovely people didn’t she? So I’m trying to be positive - it’s just another ‘change’ I must learn to cope with if I want to keep up with how you all are – and, well that’s all I want to do really, I hope you don’t mind me ‘hanging around’. Plus I can choose that prosilver left thing – anything but that awful white on black text – it makes my head spin! So far I’ve managed to get to this thread and out again – beyond that I’m soon lost in forums and sub forums. So please forgive me if I miss something important.

Anyhow, ‘Forget Me Not’ is a word very much in our minds at present. It comes from a project in Emma’s memory - I’d like to share, hoping you’d like to know.

Earlier this year we gave our blessing for some changes to be made at the special-care home where Emma lived. In short, Emma’s room will soon be a brand new sensory and music room. It’ll hopefully be finished by mid-May and will make a huge difference to the residents – the previous one was lovely but far too small.

Emma loved her music and her ‘twinkly lights’ – she also loved the tubs of Forget Me Nots in the garden. Someone came up with the idea of calling it ‘The Forget Me Not Room’. So that’s to be its official title – but to most of us it will always be ‘Emma’s Room’.

Look after yourselves friends,
Best wishes – Anne.

hoople_n_me : Dear Anne,
As I was logging in, I was actually thinking of our Emma. Voila! I am greeted with your lovely message here. Certainly you are warmly welcome---the doors to the Mayniacs' house are always open. "Emma's Room" is such a beautiful tribute and is a highly fitting memorial to your Little Star. It is a gift the will touch many lives. Wonderful!

Luthoriel:
Hi Anne!! We love to have you "hanging around" here!!
And how lovely your idea of having Emma's room turned into a sensory and music room! I guess at some point it'll be playing a few Queen songs, right?

Isolde Jane Holland
Spread Your Wings

Re: 'Stars of Lovingness in their hair' QOLs Remembrance Thr

Postby Belle Leisha » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:51 am

Thank you for this Missy. :)
But Eden is burning, either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage, of the changing of the guard

Belle Leisha
Don't Stop Me Now

I'm a Restless Kinda Girl, There's No Turning Back Now!

Postby Amy May » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:24 pm

Thank you for starting this thread, Missy. :)
Thank you, Tini!

Most Obsessed Pauline 2012

Amy May
Spread Your Wings

Rock 'n' Roll Child

Postby Isolde Jane Holland » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:19 pm

Emma* wrote: December 21, 2008
I love those cosmic Christmas tree pics Bea. Can I see the wing of an angel in the first one? I love the colours, any colours really, like those in that first picture Missy posted right at the beginning of this new thread.

Enjoy your Christmas tree when it arrives Amy

In contrast to Gnomo’s beautiful, warm, flower photo, here are some wintery photos of where I live to wish you a happy Christmassy week to come........

I had a photo of a Christmas lily somewhere ... I’ll have another hunt for it.

Em x

Emma* wrote: December 21, 2008
Thanks Kezza and all others for your stories. I will print off everything from
the beginning of December (I do the same with the stories in Brian's Nuts).
It'll take ages to get through it all!!! Much appreciated.

Emma* wrote:
Roger Meddows Tailor wrote:It takes my mind off the pain

RMT. :group:

Missy you have no idea how much your stories (and this place) help me too; through pain, tears, hopelessness.......... and so much more I could never bring myself to share. Thank you :group:

Crown Jules Julia wrote:Hello everyone! I’m new. My name is Julia and I’m 28. Been a huge Queen fan
for years and years and should have joined up here ages ago! Still finding my
way around but enjoying reading everything. Not got a huge amount of spare
time with work etc but look forward to being around here as much as I can!

Crown Jules Julia wrote:I'm not really scared of that 'moment' of dying, perhaps just what might lead up to it. I had a near-death experience when I was 15. My heart stopped beating during a routine op. When I came round all I could remember was travelling very quickly down a long brightly lit space (all that white light that people talk about). It was the most beautiful, peaceful, incredible feeling. It was like being on the edge of heaven. It's bothered me for years and years, and I've never told anyone about it (only now, here). I could never now be afraid of dying.

Plus I work in a pathology lab so life, death, and all that goes with it are sort of wrapped up all together in a way.

Belle Leisha wrote:Missy, thank you so much for doing this. Julia being Julia would probably be embarrassed,
but she'll also love it.

Jules as far as know isn't really well known around here, but she should have been. I keep
talking about this, but it's because it's absolutely true; Jules has been such an inspiration.
In the past few months she's given so much encouragement, in a time where she could
have been very easily forgiven for not being able to think about anyone else. She's so full
of hope and warmth constantly, she's everything you could ever wish for in a friend.

I remember telling her soon after her operation, that she was amazing, still updating us
on the Mayniac threads and without so much as a complaint; all just looking forward to
the future, and she seemed shocked. Everyone who encounters her must see it though;
she's an incredible, inspiring lady, and she'll be missed, more than she can possibly know.

She sent me a message a while back, wishing me and the team luck on a sponsored walk
we're planning for next year. She was the first to do so, and since then she's shown
endless enthusiasm, interest and encouragement, again at a time when we know she had
so mnay other things to worry about. There is no possible way of explaining just how
amazing she is. It comes as know surprise to hear she's a drummer, singer and pianist;
she's also a fine photographer, and as Missy's post's will no doubt show, she has an
incredible way with words.

She's been a ray of sunshine to me and a lot of others in the past eight or nine months,
and that considering everything she's been through, shows just what an incredible person
she is. The influence she's had on our lives, I don't think ay of the Mayniacs can see a
butterfly any more without thinking of her, thinking of a woman so courageous her first
comment on using a wheelchair for the first time, was that she could see the flowers
better from there.

That's our Julia; she stole our hearts, and whatever happens we will never, ever forget her.

Tig (Bethany) wrote: April 7, 2007
Poor Brian is having a bad week ... but I tend to agree with his views, especially on the British press/media.

I do wonder how the press will (or won't) react to the "new album"... be prepared Brian! We'll have to wait and see I guess!

I take my hat off to Brian for defending Mika (and others). Not many people bother to do that these days.

.... and I'm sure anything significant that's written on here gets back to Brian (or anyone else) probably via someone working in the camp keeping an eye out ... a lot of this stuff is probably very useful feedback.

Bea and Tig had a very special, close friendship; their exchanges make delightful reading:
Tig wrote:
Bea wrote:
TIG!!!!!!!! Don't say that, they might tell him about my picture. Next thing you know
he'll be having a go at fans that take his name in vain. Oh Sh..........

Ooooops :lol:

Isolde Jane Holland
Spread Your Wings

Postby Amy May » Mon May 03, 2010 7:47 pm

It's so lovely to read their posts again. Thanks for sharing them, Missy. :)
Thank you, Tini!

Amy May
Spread Your Wings

Rock 'n' Roll Child

Postby Forget Me Not » Wed May 05, 2010 9:50 am

Thankyou for this Isolde - Anne.
In loving memory of Emma and Mum

Forget Me Not
Spread Your Wings

Lonely as a whisper on a star chase

Postby Amy May » Sun May 16, 2010 7:36 pm

Had you in my thoughts yesterday, Bethany. Didn't come near any computer though...
Rest in Peace.
Thank you, Tini!

Amy May
Spread Your Wings

Rock 'n' Roll Child

Postby Samii-Jane » Sun May 16, 2010 7:39 pm

Amy May wrote:Had you in my thoughts yesterday, Bethany. Didn't come near any computer though...
Rest in Peace.

Amen!
We will love you, Zephie and Eva, always.

:group:

.Taylorette: Man On Fire | Official Drummer Lover
.White's lil' Bundlenion! | Most Sarcastic Poster, 2008/2009.
8-)
©rainbow heart - ©sig

Samii-Jane
Spread Your Wings

Postby Isolde Jane Holland » Mon May 24, 2010 8:20 pm

Emma* wrote:
I can see Brian and yellow flowers in the pictures.

I went outside. I held lavender pods in my hand.

Emma* wrote:

Bea your posts make me laugh

Just because like Bea I will soon be living by the coast too

Bea replied: It must be jolly nice there.

hehehe clever Bea. That is so sweet. Thanks

Emma* wrote:
Missy and everyone I am stunned. Your thoughtfulness! It will surely be a real
hassle to remember to make typing big every time so please do not trouble your selves!
I get by using magnification software. I am more than happy now I can see well enough
to join in. It is difficult to explain. Pictures are most difficult especially when I am
tired like this morning. I open them in a new window so they are big and fill the screen.
So I will look at your pictures later Missy. I am intrigued with the comments about
the green tea picture. I am imagining what it is like already

Loving the Latin

Emma* wrote:
Dear Kat
I am so sorry for you. I wasn’t here when you lost your dear mum. I didn’t know until today. You obviously have many wonderful pals who support you. I’m here too if ever you need someone. I truly empathise ..... I lost my dad 20 years ago this coming Christmas. I’ve read your posts. Be gentle on yourself love, there are no rules about loss, you will get through it in your own way. Look to your family and closest friends and don’t ever be afraid to share your feelings or ask for help. If only I could put my thoughts into words better ......... I’m sorry, I have no strength. Above all you are in my prayers.

Carsington Water ............ I know it well. I lived in Oakwood, Derby from 2000-2002.

Please keep sharing how you are in this thread too if you will – I can’t always keep up with other threads.

Em x

Emma* wrote:

Dear everyone. How’s things? You don’t know how much I’ve longed to be here and now I feel so flat. Been in hospital for ages ...............

Good luck to everyone making Uni/career choices. I am reluctant to offer my thoughts for fear of influencing you wrongly.

I’m not allowed long out of bed so I’ll go now. I’ve returned home to find my room is adorned with fairy lights. It’s so good to be home - to have some peace - and to be with you guys.

Em x

Isolde Jane Holland
Spread Your Wings

Postby Isolde Jane Holland » Mon May 24, 2010 8:36 pm

Ammeeria wrote:
awww, lovely cat you have

Zephie wrote:
He's weird... But he doesn't like coutry music, though.. He bite a cd with it once, so it's impossible to listen to now. *thanks God*

:P

:lol:

Zephie wrote:
Once I dreamt that I had a brother who looked exactly like Rog.
It wasn't him, but I realized when I woke up that it was a copy of early 80's Rog.
;)

Zephie wrote:
It's about the willing and strenght to find the good times and treasure the memories you love the most and keep them. I don't know what happened, but no matter what happen; stay by him/her. It can feel hopeless and meaningless to just sit there and not be able to do something about it; but it's so important! Not only supporting words make the life brighter, but also that you have got someone near by your side to just be there.
I'm sure everybody already written this, but I can say straight out that you mean so much to the one who's ill. Believe me.
I wish you all my best. Thinking of you. :group:

To see a world in a grain of sand and a heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour.

» Zephanie.

Zephie wrote:
Really true.

And it's warming that you think our advices help! :group:
You're so strong, Mari!
Just keep on looking foward, no matter how dark it is.

We believe in you, and the last thing we want is someone to feel depressed.
Don't think we see this as a duty. We do it because we want you to be happy!

Minun kyyhkynen.

Zephie wrote:
I truly agree LP.S, Mari. You know I do, and I really hope that you'll have the energy to carry on. I believe in you and I know you're a strong girl. As LP.S said above; sad enough, this is how many teenagers behave. Freezing people out, harassment and so on. It's really really sad, and I have no words enough describing my anger to those who do this to you, 'cause they're stupid if they don't get it that you feel hurted.

Actually, they don't deserve being with you at all, 'cause I know that you would never do those things to others when you know how it feels. It may be hard, but I really think you shouldn't care about 'em.

Keep us updated, Mari! We all care about you. Hope you remember that, 'cause we'll never forget about you here!

All my love, Mari! You're an angel!

Isolde Jane Holland
Spread Your Wings

Postby Barbarella » Mon May 24, 2010 9:20 pm

I'm curious... who was Mari? Someone who was here?

Beautiful posts by the way, Isolde. *sniffle* Thanks for posting. :group: Unfortunately I never got to know Zephie (she was here before my time), but I wish I had. :)
"I'm hoping for an afterlife, but there had better be chocolate!" - Brian May

Mayniac: Back To The Light
Taylorette: Strange Frontier

R.I.P. Eva & Emma, two lovely ladies gone before their time. We will remember you!

Barbarella
Spread Your Wings

You're never too old to rock and roll, if you're too young to die!

Postby Belle Leisha » Mon May 24, 2010 10:47 pm

It's so nice to read all those posts again, thank you for posting them Isolde. Such a lovely bunch. x

Belle Leisha
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Amy May » Tue May 25, 2010 8:01 pm

Aw, Zephie and Emma...I miss you.
Thanks for sharing those quotes, Missy. :)
Thank you, Tini!

Amy May
Spread Your Wings

Rock 'n' Roll Child

Postby Isolde Jane Holland » Tue May 25, 2010 8:35 pm

It's a pleasure visiting with all of them again, guys. And Barbarella, I don't really know who Mari is myself, but judging by the responses of Zephie and others she had posted that she was having problems with a couple of bullying 'mean girls' at school, and they were giving her advice. Zephie's was particularly meaningful because she was still a teen-ager herself; it's much easier to say,"Who cares? It's just high school. Soon you'll be graduating and you'll never think about those people again" when you're ten, twenty or thirty years past all of that, but much harder when it's your daily reality. Perhaps the gravity of her illness made Zephie more philosophical than most girls, or maybe she was "born wise".

Tig's last surviving post on the archive board was about the new Ben & Jerry's Bohemian Raspberry ice cream, made just four weeks before she died. Another thing these five young women seemed to share was this capacity for joy in the little things. Remarkably I remember that she did do several posts even after that; the very last one was on May 1st on a now vanished thread. Fortunately, I have several old thread copy/pasted intact -all 96 pages!!- on my personal QOL Mayniacs website, and I bet there are some gems from all of them in there. When I first learned to copy/paste I was like a kid with a new toy.

I thought so highly of Bethany that I remember once coming across a post of hers where she made a comment/observation very similiar to one I had recently made about a contentious Queen-related matter, and feeling suddenly validated that my reaction must be the 'right' one, -because she shared it.

(To which our own 'born wise' 94 year old teenager/sage Belle will doubtless reply: "No one single response is the only acceptable or valid one to any given dilema." So right...as usual.) ;)

Isolde Jane Holland
Spread Your Wings

Postby Belle Leisha » Tue May 25, 2010 8:47 pm

Aaw, Missy, you are too lovely to me. I can see why Bethany's response validated yours, all five of our dear friends lamented here, showed a strength, courage, pure heartedness and profound wisdom for their respective experience, beyond my imagination.

Belle Leisha
Don't Stop Me Now

Next

Return to Lazing On A Sunday Afternoon