Outsider Tour

Tenement Funster Talk
Brionfire

Re: Outsider Tour

Post by Brionfire »

The Kurgan wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:07 pm Rufus and Tigerlily were also on level 1 to cheer him on (left to stage), and they certainly did so.
Felix and Rory were also there.

eiricd

Post by eiricd »

The Kurgan wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:01 pm
eiricd wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:50 pm no footage reveal any pro filming going on...I guess the ship for a proper RT live conert film has sailed :cry:
There is some pretty impressive audience footage though.
insane how audience recordings have come a long way the past decade(s)

there is indeed some great footage from the RT tour, some of which is filmed front row and in 4K.

watching the London highlights clip above reminds me of RT's London gig from 1999 at Astoria. Shot from pretty much the same spot in the venue. I remember spending a lot of time and effort in obtaining the VHS in 1999, and it probably took me a few months. The quality for an audience shot concert in 1999 was very good.
London 2021 is superior in quality, and it pops up for everyone to see a few days after the gig.

astonishing

MichaelAllred76

Post by MichaelAllred76 »

eiricd wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:50 pm no footage reveal any pro filming going on...I guess the ship for a proper RT live conert film has sailed :cry:
He's just not interested it seems

QueenFanUSA

Post by QueenFanUSA »

MichaelAllred76 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:36 am
At this point he just seems to be living in the moment. He really seems to be doing things for his own satisfaction and fulfillment. I consider that to be healthy, tbh. He seems more content and relaxed than he has ever been.

eiricd

Post by eiricd »

QueenFanUSA wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:35 am
MichaelAllred76 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:36 am
At this point he just seems to be living in the moment. He really seems to be doing things for his own satisfaction and fulfillment. I consider that to be healthy, tbh. He seems more content and relaxed than he has ever been.
and that's fair enough.

I do seriously wonder, though, how he, or any performer, is not interested in documenting a band/a tour/a project they are obviously very pleased with. In RT's case, it's not about the money.

Kes

Post by Kes »

The only reason Live Killers ever got released, was someone convinced Roger, that Queen bootlegs were making someone who wasn't him, a fortune.

Roger doesn't particularly like "live documents"..

eiricd

Post by eiricd »

Kes wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:33 am The only reason Live Killers ever got released, was someone convinced Roger, that Queen bootlegs were making someone who wasn't him, a fortune.

Roger doesn't particularly like "live documents"..
I read between the lines that Rog was the one who vetoed the proposed live thing that was proposed for the release of Cosmos Rocks? :)

But; They way I understand it is that RT was the one who suggested the Qal live album?

Kes

Post by Kes »

I know he hates bootleggers, ticket touts, and the such like, with a vengeance.

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

So basically we need to get to bootlegging the shit out of this tour and maybe it''l change his mind ;)

eiricd

Post by eiricd »

Leigh Burne wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:26 am So basically we need to get to bootlegging the shit out of this tour and maybe it''l change his mind ;)
the complete opening night is certainly a good watch. as are many other clips.

he could definitely monetize it if he decided to