Outsider Tour

Tenement Funster Talk
The Kurgan

Re: Outsider Tour

Post by The Kurgan »

JLP wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:58 pm
Sir Didymus wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:24 am Liverpool was even better than Manchester. Man On Fire felt more subdued but everything else jumped up a notch.

And that venue is tiny! About ⅓ of the size of Manc. Academy. Definitely glad I went to a second show now... and bumping into the brilliant Elessar in the station afterwards was a lovely plus.
I thought I was you in the queue outside but thought you were only going to Liverpool.
You thought you was him?
Are you having an identity crisis? :D

MichaelAllred76

Post by MichaelAllred76 »

ogre t raylot wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:02 pm
It would be nice to have a proper official document of a live RMT show - the Cyberbarn one kind of matched the experience of trying to watch it live on a 33k modem
[/quote]

Which is a nice concept but NOBODY wants to buy a shitty experience.
If Brian has the idea of recreating a worn out VHS look, tracking problems and all, releases that instead of Blu-ray, does that make it a good idea?

ogre t raylot

Post by ogre t raylot »

They sold that experience with the original cyberbarn vhs, and we fans bought it.
They sold us a similar experience with the rare live vhs and fans bought it.

Neither good ideas.

My point was it would be nice to get a decent live video from Roger.
direct your ire at QPL, sir, not me.
MichaelAllred76 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:02 pmWhich is a nice concept but NOBODY wants to buy a shitty experience.
If Brian has the idea of recreating a worn out VHS look, tracking problems and all, releases that instead of Blu-ray, does that make it a good idea?

QueenFanUSA

Post by QueenFanUSA »

Have any of these shows "sold out"?

Didymus

Post by Didymus »

WeeMann wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:03 pm
Sir Didymus wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:24 am and bumping into the brilliant Elessar in the station afterwards was a lovely plus.
How was he?
Very well! He spotted me sat waiting for a train and came for a 15 minute chat. Always been a joy to see him but it's been over a decade since I did!
JLP wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:58 pm
Sir Didymus wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:24 am Liverpool was even better than Manchester. Man On Fire felt more subdued but everything else jumped up a notch.

And that venue is tiny! About ⅓ of the size of Manc. Academy. Definitely glad I went to a second show now... and bumping into the brilliant Elessar in the station afterwards was a lovely plus.
I thought I was you in the queue outside but thought you were only going to Liverpool.
Ah! Were you in Liverpool or Manchester? I ended up near Spike in Manc and in front of Rog in Pool!

Didymus

Post by Didymus »

QueenFanUSA wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:47 am Have any of these shows "sold out"?
Manchester & Liverpool were "returns only" as far as I could see when I got there.

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

I went to the Manchester show.

Funster00

Post by Funster00 »

Does anyone know what the intro music is at the start of the show? (leads into the first song)

WeeMann

Post by WeeMann »

Funster00 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:35 pm Does anyone know what the intro music is at the start of the show? (leads into the first song)
Cheers for the spoiler - I've been avoiding set lists being published online.

I've edited your post to avoid spoiling the opening song for others.

Generic username

Post by Generic username »

Funster00 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:35 pm Does anyone know what the intro music is at the start of the show? (leads into the first song)
Is it not the sound of screeching women? That always used to be the RT concert experience....