Encyclopedia Briannica Part 2

Sit back, relax, and get into some friendly chatter about Queen.
Posts made in this forum do not count towards your post count.

Re: Encyclopedia Briannica Part 2

Postby Isolde Jane Holland » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:40 pm

Someone on Twitter swears this is Brian in 1963! Hmmm.....There IS the trademark goofy expression. Hard to fake that.

Looks like somebody decided to take in Interstellar this week:

Striped pants......solid jacket.....Oy.

Isolde Jane Holland
Spread Your Wings

Postby Amy May » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:21 pm

And white trainers, bless, :P
Most Obsessed Pauline 2012

Amy May
Spread Your Wings

Rock 'n' Roll Child

Postby Barbarella » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:05 am

Haha, I knew Brian would go see Interstellar. Just came from seeing it (good movie btw, although a bit too long), and I immediately thought of the song '39! :D
"I'm hoping for an afterlife, but there had better be chocolate!" - Brian May

Mayniac: Back To The Light
Taylorette: Strange Frontier

R.I.P. Eva & Emma, two lovely ladies gone before their time. We will remember you!

Barbarella
Spread Your Wings

You're never too old to rock and roll, if you're too young to die!

Postby Amy May » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:45 pm

Hiya Gunný! :D

Amy May
Spread Your Wings

Rock 'n' Roll Child

Postby Isolde Jane Holland » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:42 pm

I've always disliked Russel Brand, without knowing why, - apart from the crazy eyes. Now I know why. What a prick! And the comment about Freddie, right out of the gate, was as gratuitously irrelevant as it was hostile:

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/steerpike/ ... evolution/

21 April 2015 23:04 Steerpike Follow @MrSteerpike

Tonight Russell Brand took part in a live Q&A to celebrate the launch of his new documentary The Emperor’s New Clothes. The film looks into the effects of capitalism and it has been widely noted that its release is timed conveniently close to the election.

During the Q&A Brand was surprised and initially very pleased to find that Brian May from Queen was in the audience. May, who began by professing his love for the comedian, even had a question for the revolutionary:

Brian May: I have a campaign called Common Decency which is about trying to change the system radically from within. I’m proposing that we form a strategy on May 7th and I think my strategy is so good that I’m even going to persuade you to vote but we shall see. My question is: If you really don’t want to vote and you don’t want us to vote, what do you want us to do to achieve the things that we know we need to do because we just watched your film. What do you want us to do?

Alas, Brand seemed rather taken aback by the straightforward question:

RB: Did you put Freddy Mercury under this kind of f—ing pressure? No wonder he was off doing lines and hanging out in Rio. It’s a long term strategy of the re-centralisation of the power under the co-ordination of vital institutions and vital services fully autonomous collectives that collaborate to preserve the rights of the individual and the rights to pursue spiritually whatever direction we want to with the prioritisation of the ecological preservation of the planet. It’s going to take a while for it to get on the ballot box but I don’t know if that is necessarily the right way to go about it but I support you, what I support most of all is people becoming fully activated and I’d be very, very happy to talk to you and Anita Dobson in your caravan.

Perhaps as confused as Mr S by Brand’s answer, May pushed on:

Brian May: But what do we do Russell?

RB: I mean, look, you know me, help me out. In that film that we grafted over there are loads and loads of ideas. You’re saying how do we get that sh-t to happen. I mean don’t make me say something mad on the telly. I believe in creating different relationships with powerful institutions which operate on behalf of the powerful, bringing them on to our side. I don’t agree with remaining within the parameters that have been set for us. I don’t believe in that in any level, I believe in real change. Like if an election is us the people we can have one whenever we f—ing want, we can do whatever we like. I have some ideas, I have some strategies but I also have really serious limitations. I’m here to amplify the issues for the people in this room to help people in anyway I can.

Strangely May didn’t look very impressed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He's completely insane.

Isolde Jane Holland
Spread Your Wings

Postby Bea » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:55 am

I totally agree. If you pick at the bones of what he said, he didn't really 'say' anything. I think he thinks if he uses a lot of longer words and joins them up into some sort of sentence he'll sound intelligent. Poppycock. The man's a raving loony..............for a few years back awhile we actually had a political party called, 'The Raving Loony' party. It all adds up to the colourful event known as 'an election'.

In my opinion, politicians should work in the workplace for a few years before spouting nonsense that they learned in university. They need to get a grip on reality.

I just hope that Nicola Sturgeon doesn't end up in power.............and she's not even running for Parliament, but she's calling the shots for the whole country? It's all very worrying.

Do I vote for the man who will represent my best interest in my home town, or do I vote for the party I want in power. I'll stick with my local MP who's approachable, and considerate, and hasn't voted for anything I disagree with so far.
Music is the only language in which you cannot say a mean or sarcastic thing.

Bea
Spread Your Wings

I like morphine it's brilliant.

Postby julymorning » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:03 pm

Up to this point, in my recent introduction to RC, I was trying to feel respect. but he's no smarter than I am.

I'm with you and Bea. I think I counted, give or take one as I was being hypnotized by the wordiness, Crowe stuck 52 words in that one early sentence! :shock: I'm pretty sure he lost track of his thoughts, he had to of! Yes, I think some people have a habit of letting so many words spew out as they clutch about desperately in their minds for a decent reply.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Postby Isolde Jane Holland » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:13 pm

July angel, it's Russell Brand, not Russell Crowe. (It's okay, I still can't tell Bill Paxton and Bill Pullman apart......) Russell Brand is the one who makes Russell Crowe look sane by comparison, - which is saying something. Last night my two friends and I were chatting about this article online.....

AW: "The comment section is entertaining."

MW: "And Jesus did NOT reply..."

IJH: "Does Brand sound insane or am I being too harsh? He's got the crazy eyes......(Orange is the new Brand.)"*

AW: "Calling him crazy eyes is an insult to Crazy Eyes."

MW :"I think he's off his rocker. Scary eyes."

IJH: "That segue about Freddie right off the bat was so random and hurtful. I notice Brian didn't mention any of this on his blog. (I checked right after leaving here.) He's all revved up about voter apathy these days. Drives me wild, too. But they'll vote 50 times for an American idol contestant, and that's not free.)"

MW: "The first time I really saw him was on some panel show, "QI" or "Have I Got News For You", and I seriously thought he was doing a clever but tasteless send-up of a mentally retarded person."

(There's a character on Orange is the new Black called Crazy Eyes. I knew they'd binge-watched it, so they'd get the reference.)

Brand: "......help me out..<...>...don't make me say something mad on the telly...<...>...I have some serious limitations."

Image A professor once told me,"We always tell the truth when we least want to." One of the smartest, unerringly truest things I've ever heard.

Brian's Soapbox wrote:**Thu 23 Apr 15** SKY AND MARCHING FOR ANIMALS TODAY
Today I'm marching for Animals. Notice those who have no compassion for animals have none for people either.

I've said that a hundred times! (We have very few mind melds, so I reserve the right to wallow in one when it occurs.) Did he omit the question mark by mistake, OR because it's so obvious it wasn't a question, but a statement? "We hold these truths to be self-evident....."

Brian's Soapbox wrote:**Thu 23 Apr 15** .......reward people who do great selfless work by giving THEM tax-breaks. Maybe we’ll start with the Nurses !

This was an interesting article in the Telegraph two weeks ago:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens ... rolls.html

I ALWAYS vote, even though Liberal causes and candidates usually win by about 83% in my neighborhoods and it's not strictly necessary. Image

Isolde Jane Holland
Spread Your Wings

Postby julymorning » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:31 am

:oops:

I knew that. I don't have any explanation for my mix-up in my reply. I was visualizing Brand in my head too.
What makes my mix-up even worse is I wanted to check back to see if "Crowe" ended with an e, or not, and decided "the heck with it, I'll abbreviate.

It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think I really am an idiot.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby julymorning » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:35 am

That last sentence would make a fitting tag-line for me. I thought it up just now, even with an addled mind.
Yea me!

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

Postby FreddiesShootingStar » Mon May 25, 2015 7:11 pm

phpBB [video]
*LOASA's Most Obsessed Mercurian 2010/Co-winner 2011/2012*

FreddiesShootingStar
Don't Stop Me Now

*Guaranteed to blow your mind!!*

Postby Tig » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:46 am

Hi folks

I must have been away from here way too long as it's taken me about half an hour to find the right thread to post on - hope this is the one (?).

We've had a difficult transition from the UK to Spain - really due to the children to be honest, so all our time has had to be given to them whilst they adjusted. I think we are over the worst now. They have all got used to school, nursery, language, etc. Lots of cuddles have been needed each day.

We are looking forward to Christmas here. Business is good, but we miss our farm in the UK so very much! We miss our friends too. So much to lose but hopefully so much to gain. I still can't believe we had the guts to make such a major change in our lives.

Anyhow, I wish you all a very Happy Christmas and New Year. Hopefully I will be able to in touch a bit more as things get more settled.

Take care,

J x
~ For Bethany ~
Just your smile can smooth my ride

Can YOU make a very poorly child smile?
http://www.postpals.co.uk

Tig
Spread Your Wings

Postby Amy May » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:03 pm

Hey Jonathan! Nice to see you around! :-) It's indeed a massive change in your lives, it takes time to get used to it. Hope all is well with you and the family and that you'll enjoy Christmas!

God jul as we say up here in the north!

Amy May
Spread Your Wings

Rock 'n' Roll Child

Postby Tig » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:19 pm

Thank you Amy May - your words were so special. Bless you.

J x
~ For Bethany ~
Just your smile can smooth my ride

Can YOU make a very poorly child smile?
http://www.postpals.co.uk

Tig
Spread Your Wings

Encyclopedia Briannica Part 2

Postby Isolde Jane Holland » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:18 pm

Definitely the right thread. I should never have let it slip so far down; Encyclopedia Briannica deserves to be permanently in the top ten. I'm glad your kids are transitioning at last. l I'm always amazed by the people on House Hunters International who just pick up and move to Singapore or Nairobi. It's fun to watch them assimilating, but I could never envision attempting it myself, - even with all the horrid things going on in the US right now.

Isolde Jane Holland
Spread Your Wings

PreviousNext

Return to Lazing On A Sunday Afternoon