Favorite Roger Taylor Album

Tenement Funster Talk

What's your favorite Roger Taylor album?

Fun In Space
No votes
Strange Frontier
11%
The Cross: Shove It
No votes
The Cross: Mad, Bad and Dangerous To Know
No votes
The Cross: Blue Rock
44%
Happiness?
No votes
Electric Fire
11%
Fun On Earth
No votes
Outsider
33%

Total votes: 9

Frank

Favorite Roger Taylor Album

Post by Frank »

Roger Taylor has the most impressive collection of solo albums. I'm wondering which are generally considered fan favorites.

Electric Fire is probably my favorite. I love just about everything on it. Pressure On, Believe In Yourself, Is It Me?, Tonight, Where Are You Now?, and London Town - C'mon Down are amazing tracks. They're strong in a lot of ways, but especially lyrically. I know it's not Shakespeare, but some of his lyrics resonate with me on a deeper level. A song like Believe In Yourself is inspiring, especially for someone who has suffered from anxiety and depression.

Anyway, curious to know which is your favorite. Also feel free to talk about your top 3, and not just your absolute favorite (if you can't decide!).

Black Wings

Re: Favorite Roger Taylor Album

Post by Black Wings »

My favourite and the one that I identify with the most is Happiness.

WeeMann

Post by WeeMann »

I love Electric Fire too, but my favourite is Strange Frontier. It was the first of their solo albums that I heard and during the time I was first listening to the band, so that probably has a lot to do with it, but songs like SF and Man On Fire are right up my street and Racing In The Streets is, in my opinion, better than Springsteen's original.

Cool Cat

Post by Cool Cat »

Fun in Space for me, love Magic is Loose & Future Management, but i've always thought his best solo song is Touch the Sky from Happiness?

Tenement Funster

Post by Tenement Funster »

Fun in Space for me.

I also love Blue Rock - but actually that has hardly any Roger on it and he didn’t write most of it.

Fizz

Post by Fizz »

I wish I could vote for both Happiness and Blue Rock. :P Those are probably my top 2 with Strange Frontier in 3rd place.

MyFaerieQueene

Post by MyFaerieQueene »

This is more difficult than I’d have expected. Roger has made a lot of great solo music and is probably my favourite solo member of Queen.

Sure he might not be the best lyricist but at least he has honesty and ‘Heaven for Everyone’ is a perfect song. I do love a few other Cross songs but mainly for Roger’s voice. I’m not a big fan of the band but that could be down to the production and the style of the time. I haven’t heard Fun on Earth yet but can listen all day long to ‘Foreign Sand’. There are a few songs each on Happiness? and Electric Fire I adore but as a whole album I’d have to choose between Fun in Space and Strange Frontier with Fun in Space winning.

I’m in agreement with WeeMann that 'Racing in the Streets' is better than the original and 'Abandonfire' is in my top five Roger solo tracks however Fun in Space just flows nicely for me and I really enjoy it.

Peace Loving Guy

Post by Peace Loving Guy »

If Fun in Space had been the basis for Queen’s post Greatest Hits album instead of Hot Space I think it would’ve been a huge hit. The reverse is to imagine if Radio Ga Ga had been relegated to a Roger solo album. (Or Heaven for Everyone).

Peace Loving Guy

Post by Peace Loving Guy »

Just compare the strength of the artwork and thematic concepts between the two albums for a start.

Kes

Post by Kes »

IMHO Electric Fire is his best solo album, and Blue Rock is the best Cross album.