Favourite Deacy track

Deaky Back Chat
Kes

Re: Favourite Deacy track

Post by Kes »

Another not very common John Deacon extended mix, is Back Chat.

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

FunnyHowLoveIs wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:03 amThere is a version where the band kicks into high gear and gets the beat faster at the tail end, that would be so great to hear live.
That's the BBC session version, and it does indeed smoke.

FunnyHowLoveIs

Post by FunnyHowLoveIs »

Leigh Burne wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:52 am
FunnyHowLoveIs wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:03 amThere is a version where the band kicks into high gear and gets the beat faster at the tail end, that would be so great to hear live.
Has QAL performed "Spread Your Wings"?

MyFaerieQueene

Post by MyFaerieQueene »

Leigh Burne wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:59 am As others have said, he may not have contributed as much as the others, but what he did contribute was almost always excellent.
I don't know how he did it. He's a great natural songwriter. And he was consistently excellent.
FunnyHowLoveIs wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:54 am
'Spread Your Wings', at first thought to me, doesn't seem to be a suitable QAL song. I think it needs that little bit of beauty that Freddie had but which I'm not sure Adam has. I'd love to hear him try the song, it may be surprising. If he can pull it off well it would be gorgeous.

FunnyHowLoveIs

Post by FunnyHowLoveIs »

MyFaerieQueene wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:46 pm
Leigh Burne wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:59 am As others have said, he may not have contributed as much as the others, but what he did contribute was almost always excellent.
I don't know how he did it. He's a great natural songwriter. And he was consistently excellent.

'Spread Your Wings', at first thought to me, doesn't seem to be a suitable QAL song. I think it needs that little bit of beauty that Freddie had but which I'm not sure Adam has. I'd love to hear him try the song, it may be surprising. If he can pull it off well it would be gorgeous.
"Who Wants To Live Forever" is a bit more challenging than "Spread Your Wings" by far and Adam breezes through WWTLF.

MyFaerieQueene

Post by MyFaerieQueene »

FunnyHowLoveIs wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:38 pm
MyFaerieQueene wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:46 pm

"Who Wants To Live Forever" is a bit more challenging than "Spread Your Wings" by far and Adam breezes through WWTLF.
I quite like Adam's 'Who Wants to Live Forever'. Its strong. 'Spread You Wings' I think could need a lot of empathy though because it's a story song.