The cat is out of the Bag - NOTW Expanded Edition!!

Discuss current and upcoming Queen projects.

Re: The cat is out of the Bag - NOTW Expanded Edition!!

Postby JLP » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:12 am

Michael Allred wrote:
YAFF wrote:Is Hollywood Records going to release this thing in the U.S.? Currently Amazon.com only has the import version for 225 laugh-inducing dollars and street date Nov. 24th (as it would be shipped from the UK).

Administrator?

Seconded. Will there be a US release? If not then importing it will make the already extravagant price that much harder to come up with.

I don't know but if it isn't on Amazon.com, then maybe not. Which would be wrong for USA fans.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby The Milkman » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:14 pm

Michael Allred wrote:
YAFF wrote:Is Hollywood Records going to release this thing in the U.S.? Currently Amazon.com only has the import version for 225 laugh-inducing dollars and street date Nov. 24th (as it would be shipped from the UK).

Administrator?

Seconded. Will there be a US release? If not then importing it will make the already extravagant price that much harder to come up with.

Just order it from Amazon.co.uk. When you do they drop the price for US customers so it doesn't end up being all that much. I do it all the time. I'll add this in my cart and tell you how much it will be.

£95.98 Version

items: £79.98
Postage & Packing: £3.08
Total before VAT: £83.06
VAT: £0.00
Order Total: £83.06

$112.33

£256.16 Version

Items: £213.47
Total before VAT: £216.55
Order Total: £216.55

$288.69

Actually your price for the £256.16 version is pretty damn good because it's saying $203.05 right now.

https://www.amazon.com/News-World-Anniv ... nniversary
Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.

The Milkman
Somebody To Love

Postby cmsdrums » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:07 pm

The Amazon £256 version is the SHM-CD version from Japan with no other difference - why would anyone buy that rather than the £95 edition?!?

cmsdrums
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:24 pm

The Milkman wrote:
Michael Allred wrote:

Administrator?

Just order it from Amazon.co.uk. When you do they drop the price for US customers so it doesn't end up being all that much. I do it all the time. I'll add this in my cart and tell you how much it will be.

£95.98 Version

$112.33

£256.16 Version

Items: £213.47
Total before VAT: £216.55
Order Total: £216.55

$288.69

Actually your price for the £256.16 version is pretty damn good because it's saying $203.05 right now.

https://www.amazon.com/News-World-Anniv ... nniversary

Still out my budget. I will be very dissatisfied and disappointed if this will not be released over here. What would be the reasoning for that?!
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby The Milkman » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:34 pm

It's an expensive set! The new R.E.M. is a much better set IMO and it's a hell of a lot cheaper. It's 3CDs and 1 Blu-ray.

Commemorating the album’s 25th Anniversary, this remastered Deluxe edition boxset features previously unreleased material, including 20 never-before-heard demos, and the previously unreleased tracks “Mike’s Pop Song” and “Devil Rides Backwards.” A Blu-ray disc offers the full album (with bonus track “Photograph” featuring Natalie Merchant) mixed in Dolby Atmos, plus a high-resolution master of the album, music videos, and the original 1992 EPK. Also included is Live At The 40 Watt Club 11/19/92 – a live set performed in R.E.M.’s hometown of Athens, GA.

Price: £74.39

Items: £61.99
Total before VAT: £65.07
Order Total: £65.07

$87.01

That's cheaper than you can get the domestic version on the US Amazon site!

$95.38 after tax!

The Milkman
Somebody To Love

Postby YAFF » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:43 am

The Milkman wrote:
Michael Allred wrote:

Administrator?

£95.98 Version

$112.33

Wouldn't it be kind of dopey to not release it America when this was their big breakthrough album over here? Isn't that one of the themes of the DVD? Even $112 for this package is pushing it. I suppose if I cared about Vinyl I could talk myself into it but, really, I only care about Disc 2. I hate to say it but it won't be difficult to get disc 2 once this thing drops. For free. They had three choices. Make it affordable so you just can't refuse (Imagine if the sticker was $59.99), release a non-LP cheaper version or price it so high betting there are enough collectors, completists and diehards with disposable income to plunk down top dollar so paltry sales still pay off. They chose the latter. Time will tell if it was the right one.
"I don't dislike Freddie and have said he's hands down the best singer I've ever heard." - magicshoes

YAFF
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Leigh Burne » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:24 am

The Milkman wrote:It's an expensive set! The new R.E.M. is a much better set IMO and it's a hell of a lot cheaper. It's 3CDs and 1 Blu-ray.

Just about any of the other big album sets coming out this year are much better and a hell of a lot cheaper.
"I always knew I was a star. And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me." — Freddie Mercury

Leigh Burne
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby The Milkman » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:13 pm

Leigh Burne wrote:
The Milkman wrote:It's an expensive set! The new R.E.M. is a much better set IMO and it's a hell of a lot cheaper. It's 3CDs and 1 Blu-ray.

Just about any of the other big album sets coming out this year are much better and a hell of a lot cheaper.

True, they will probably save the stuff people really want for the 50th anniversary edition. Of course they will probably charge $500 for it. :roll:

The Milkman
Somebody To Love

Postby Michael Allred » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:57 am

Wouldn't it be kind of dopey to not release it America when this was their big breakthrough album over here? Isn't that one of the themes of the DVD? Even $112 for this package is pushing it. I suppose if I cared about Vinyl I could talk myself into it but, really, I only care about Disc 2. I hate to say it but it won't be difficult to get disc 2 once this thing drops. For free. They had three choices. Make it affordable so you just can't refuse (Imagine if the sticker was $59.99), release a non-LP cheaper version or price it so high betting there are enough collectors, completists and diehards with disposable income to plunk down top dollar so paltry sales still pay off. They chose the latter. Time will tell if it was the right one.

It would be patently stupid for the box set to NOT get a US release for the reason you stated. Also by using that logic "The Game" should have gotten something similar as I believe that was their biggest studio album here hosting their biggest singles.

This just shows me Queen have no long term planning. It's like they might have vague plans a year in advance but that's all.

Plus I don't wanna hear any fans parroting Queen's stand on support for the album from their pathetic excuse for dropping SYW and It's Late from the US tour as people not reacting favorably to them. YouTube videos show plenty of support based on crowd reaction.
Selling off some of my Queen collection which you can find at http://evilbaby.tripod.com/Queen_Collection_Sale.html please PM me if you are interested in anything.

Michael Allred
We Will Rock You

Postby hotspace1966 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:41 am

Just seen the advertised Emerson Lake and Palmer Box set...'Fanfare' in fact there are many superior products available on the market ( or to come ) and even though i have ordered the very expensive NOTW box as this is still one of my all time favorite albums and before anyone comments nobody forced me to purchase this and i had a choice i still can't help that nagging feeling that we have all been a little bit let down :(

Have resigned myself that this may be my last Queen purchase unless future content improves significantly.
Live killers holds a special place in my heart and even now still enjoy listening to this album so i really hope that if they are looking at offering a box set in the future they don't f**k that up as well...

hotspace1966
Spread Your Wings

Postby Walter B. » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:38 pm

Walter B.
Spread Your Wings

Postby soxtalon » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:49 pm

I'm getting it cheaper from the UK. $149...

From the UK I'm getting out for ~$111

soxtalon
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby GalileoFigaro » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:17 am

soxtalon wrote:I'm getting it cheaper from the UK. $149...

From the UK I'm getting out for ~$111

Have you found it cheaper on Amazon UK? All I’ve been able to find is the £109.99 version on there, which is roughly the same as $149 based on today’s exchange rate. Plus you’d still have to account for the shipping from the UK even if you have Amazon Prime, no?
In the quiet of the night let our candle always burn, let us never lose the lessons we have learned.

GalileoFigaro
Spread Your Wings

Postby soxtalon » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:30 am

No. Not now. When it came on it was like 84....then I saw it suddenly for 78 (or whatever it was) so I quickly ordered it then knowing that I get the lowest price from whenever I ordered. I finished ordering and went back to the page it had already jumped back up to 89!

My total was after shipping, etc. it was the grand total

I was lucky.

soxtalon
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby GalileoFigaro » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:02 pm

Ah, got it. Glad you were able to snag it for that price when you did.
In the quiet of the night let our candle always burn, let us never lose the lessons we have learned.

GalileoFigaro
Spread Your Wings

PreviousNext

Return to The Show Must Go On