Queen in 2018 ?

Discuss current and upcoming Queen projects.

Re: Queen in 2018 ?

Postby Guru » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:29 pm

Anything good, on condition that it is also well executed

Guru
The Show Must Go On

Erehwon

Postby AlexKx » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:31 pm

It is shocking how bad the sound is on "Live Killers". That is something that needs to be fixed yesterdecades.

AlexKx
The Show Must Go On

Postby DANAIR737 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:33 am

It's been reported that Roger doesn't like the Live Killers album so why would they work on that one?

DANAIR737
Spread Your Wings

Postby BitterTears » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:27 pm

Queen history is littered with things one or more members of the band didn't like but I guess it's a democracy. Or as they've said in the past, the person who is prepared to argue the longest usually got their way. Besides, not like Roger has to actually do anything for a new Live Killers set to appear

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby Kes » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:30 pm

Dan Air. Now THAT'S a company that's a "blast from the past".

I remember as about a fourteen year old, loads of their Comets parked up at Lasham (the company's main maintenance base), prior to being scrapped. Subsequently, in years much further down the line, I found myself working with MANY of their former employees, as part of either FLS Aerospace, or SR Technics.

As regards Dan Air's 737s, the good old JT8. More of a camping style paraffin burner than a jet engine. Something born of an age when clouds of black shit coming out of the back of something was a "Wow" thing, not a "God, what is that doing to the environment?" factor.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby Kes » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:36 pm

BitterTears wrote:Queen history is littered with things one or more members of the band didn't like but I guess it's a democracy. Or as they've said in the past, the person who is prepared to argue the longest usually got their way. Besides, not like Roger has to actually do anything for a new Live Killers set to appear

Roger's dislike of Live Killers will only have been surpassed by his dislike of other people making money out of recordings of Queen's Live output. He would have probably, at the time, been the major force in the band, pushing for an official live release. Whether he likes it NOW, or not, is another matter.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby AngelR » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:55 pm

Definitely looking forward to this:

Queen Honored With Recording Academy's Lifetime Achievement Award http://eonli.ne/2CXjyl2 via @enews
"A special award presentation ceremony and concert celebrating the honorees will be held in summer 2018."

AngelR
The Show Must Go On

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:19 pm

AngelR wrote:Definitely looking forward to this:

Queen Honored With Recording Academy's Lifetime Achievement Award http://eonli.ne/2CXjyl2 via @enews
"A special award presentation ceremony and concert celebrating the honorees will be held in summer 2018."

Nice! I am pleased for them. For me, awards like these mean something simply because Queen were ignored for so long and never really appreciated when they should have been.

The writer is a complete amateur though: '...Today the group consists of John Deacon, Brian May and Roger Taylor...'.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby CNB » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:25 pm

I just saw this link about Queen on Twitter:

“@QueenWillRock
The Grammys: Queen To Receive Lifetime Achievement Award. Read more @ queenonline.com/news/queen-to-… #Grammys”
http://www.queenonline.com/news/queen-t ... ment-award
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby Pestopasta » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:12 pm

QUEEN THE VIDEOS - BLURAY.
Please for the love of god finally release it.
Even The Beatles have released theirs already.

Pestopasta
Spread Your Wings

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Postby WiseMan » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:30 pm

CNB wrote:I just saw this link about Queen on Twitter:

“@QueenWillRock
The Grammys: Queen To Receive Lifetime Achievement Award. Read more @ queenonline.com/news/queen-to-… #Grammys”
http://www.queenonline.com/news/queen-t ... ment-award

Nothing interesting

WiseMan
Spread Your Wings

Postby Montreux » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:23 pm

What I expect in 2018 from Queen?

Bohemian Rhapsody Movie Soundtrack Album ... 100 %
- I expect biggest hits plus some previously unreleased live tracks (Phoebe told us at the November Czech convention they have large audio archive, so they can “create” situations needed for the film, anyway many situations in biopics are created for movie purposes)

Electric Fire Re-release ... 90 %
- 20th anniversary, incl. bonus tracks

Greatest Video Hits Blu-ray Collection ... 70 %
- five years ago Rhys Thomas said this is his dream project, make a collection of all video clips incl. unreleased rushes and put them on Blu-ray, it’s also great time to release it because of the movie, many people will pay attention to Queen and this could be good product also for non-fans

Montreux
Spread Your Wings

Follow that Dream...

Postby Guru » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:09 pm

Montreux wrote:What I expect in 2018 from Queen?

Bohemian Rhapsody Movie Soundtrack Album ... 100 %
- I expect biggest hits plus some previously unreleased live tracks (Phoebe told us at the November Czech convention they have large audio archive, so they can “create” situations needed for the film, anyway many situations in biopics are created for movie purposes)

I agree that there will be a soundtrack album. I disagree with everything else - my expectation is that even if there are live versions in the film, a) they won't make it to the soundtrack, b) they'll be Montreal, Milton Keynes, or Live Aid.

Montreux wrote:Electric Fire Re-release ... 90 %
- 20th anniversary, incl. bonus tracks

90% certain? 99.9% guaranteed not to happen - RT put a box out, he's not going to start revisiting old stuff that was covered by that

Montreux wrote:Greatest Video Hits Blu-ray Collection ... 70 %
- five years ago Rhys Thomas said this is his dream project, make a collection of all video clips incl. unreleased rushes and put them on Blu-ray, it’s also great time to release it because of the movie, many people will pay attention to Queen and this could be good product also for non-fans

Bear in mind that the film won't come out until after Christmas, assuming it doesn't get put back. So this "demand for Queen product" that you perceive won't actually be until 2019, and will be catered to by the soundtrack album and increased pressings of GH albums. The fact that Rhys Thomas hasn't been able to make this happen in 5 years is also pertinent.

Guru
The Show Must Go On

Erehwon

Postby AlexKx » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:17 am

What is it that Rhys Thomas has not been able to get happen in five years? Put out another gh album? But why? Who says that the film has been pushed back to after Christmas?! What's up with that?! Also all of their "short promotional films" (a.k.a. "music videos") should not be in one set. They should all be saved for their each respective l.p.s with all of the behind the scenes, making ofs, etc. Why would they ever put everything in one set like that when each l.p. could be made into gorgeous "super deluxe editions" like other releases that have already been done? QUEEN are the kings of box sets. I've got about twenty three of them. No reason to stop now! :mrgreen:

AlexKx
The Show Must Go On

Postby Sir Didymus » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:59 pm

Just putting it out there: Rhys Thomas now lives in LA, and is working on projects there. To my knowledge, he's "done" with making Queen documentaries - he wasn't involved in the latest one, and as he's a comedy writer and performer first and foremost, those are the projects taking priority these days.
"Years will come, years will go, and politicians will do f*** all to make the world a better place. But all over the world, young men and young women will always dream dreams and put those dreams into song."
The Count

Sir Didymus
Suburban Wonderfox

PreviousNext

Return to The Show Must Go On