The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Discuss current and upcoming Queen projects.

Re: The Freddie Mercury Biopic

Postby musicalprostitute » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:01 pm

MillionaireWaltz'd wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:Hmm...interesting. I think he looks great.

Sorry, but at times I don't see why he's supposedly looking any more convincing than a cosplayer/fan.

I see nothing but good things in the trailer regarding him but as far as some photos go...it looks like a fan dressing up.

I couldn't disagree more. I think he looks as good as can be expected. One would be hard pushed to find any actor who could truly pull off both the look and the mannerisms (let alone the speaking voice) of Freddie.

I have only seen one review (out of hundreds) so far in which it is claimed Rami doesn't embody Freddie. I suppose it is all down to personal perception and how we all view such things.

Personally, my respect has increased a hundred-fold since I read that he was so passionate and so determined to get this role that he funded his own trips to London (during filming breaks in Mr Robot) and watched every single thing there is out there on Freddie - before he was even offered it. That right there is dedication.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby Another_Roger » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:37 pm

That picture of Rami Malek in a Magic Tour outfit looked great. Totally disagree with those who says he looked too skinny. Alright, maybe Freddie was a bit wider, but Freddie was never fat during his live career. Never. You all know Freddie often sang We are the Champions and We Will rock you without a T-shirt. That is not the looks of a fat man. Come on! If that is fat the entire nation of England older than 35 is fat.

Even though I dont think The Magic tour will be featured in the film I dream of seeing a CGI from Knebworth park. That would have been a real treat!

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby Another_Roger » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:41 pm

The third trailer should not be too far away either. My guess is that we will see it during September some time. And that trailer should be a really interesting as it will be even more focused on the storyline. I can not wait, and October is not that far away now :)
Last edited by Another_Roger on Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby Another_Roger » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:45 pm

I have thought of an inventive type of promotion that could even have satisfied some fans. A single live video from Knebworth park with the orginal Queen sound and the cast playing the Queen members on stage. With a CGI crowd and all. Probably just me dreaming, but it could have looked and sounded great.

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby Lover Boy » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:57 pm

Another_Roger wrote:The third trailer should not be too far away either. My guess is that we will see it during December some time.

I sure as hell hope not. The movie comes out Oct./Dec.!! Lol

It'll probably be released around Sept. 15.

As for the new shot of Rami, I think he looks pretty damn good. I like his facial expression especially. Very Freddie!!

My main concern is how this will fit into the movie. I think it's pretty clear we're going to see the magic tour. Only question is if it'll be before Live Aid (gasp!) or after Live Aid. And if before, we might be hearing Hot Space tunes during the tour (gasp!!!).

I don't know, guys. I've come to expect a lot of time shifting. It is what it is. I'll cope with it.

Lover Boy
The Show Must Go On

"Use all the tricks of the trade, dear, and if you believe in yourself, go all the way." -- Freddie

Postby Another_Roger » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:16 pm

Lover Boy wrote:
Another_Roger wrote:The third trailer should not be too far away either. My guess is that we will see it during December some time.

I sure as hell hope not. The movie comes out Oct./Dec.!! Lol

It'll probably be released around Sept. 15.

As for the new shot of Rami, I think he looks pretty damn good. I like his facial expression especially. Very Freddie!!

My main concern is how this will fit into the movie. I think it's pretty clear we're going to see the magic tour. Only question is if it'll be before Live Aid (gasp!) or after Live Aid. And if before, we might be hearing Hot Space tunes during the tour (gasp!!!).

I don't know, guys. I've come to expect a lot of time shifting. It is what it is. I'll cope with it.

I have changed it to September now ;)

And as for the Magic Tour outfit. The yellow jacket looks much better than the red and white one. Hopefully the yellow will also get a look in if the Magic tour is to feature! :)

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby VaudevilleDeMille » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:26 pm

The jacket looks good but I too hope the yellow one pops up, it's too iconic to be missed out if they are going to cover that period.

But how, we shall see.

It could be just a promo shot though.

VaudevilleDeMille
Spread Your Wings

Postby Dave Mack » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:00 pm

Unless Freddie performed on the Magic tour in front of an obvious slate grey photography backdrop with stands, I think it's safe to say it's a promo shot. :)

Dave Mack
Spread Your Wings

Postby musicalprostitute » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:12 am

Another_Roger wrote:The third trailer should not be too far away either. My guess is that we will see it during September some time. And that trailer should be a really interesting as it will be even more focused on the storyline. I can not wait, and October is not that far away now :)

I have a sneaky feeling that final trailer will premiere at the QAL shows in September.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby musicalprostitute » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:18 am

I think the 'new' Memorable Live Moments montage recently put up on Queenonline may give us some indication as to what live shows will be shown in the film.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby VaudevilleDeMille » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:02 pm

Indeed. Hyde Park I can certainly see being in, ditto some TOTP performances (Though Killer Queen may already be confirmed due to Fred's outfit from that clip being in one of the trailers).

As far as the final trailer goes, I'd say September 5th.

VaudevilleDeMille
Spread Your Wings

Postby Another_Roger » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:06 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:I think the 'new' Memorable Live Moments montage recently put up on Queenonline may give us some indication as to what live shows will be shown in the film.

Not so sure about that. I doubt very much that we will see Budapest and Knebworth. The Wembley show wasnt even in that montage. Hammersmith and Madison Square Garden that most likely will be in the movie wasnt in the montage at all. But as you said in some posts above there might be a montage somewhere in the movie.

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby TheHero » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:51 pm

phpBB [video]

I just watched it, but where is:

- Odeon 1975?
- Earls Court 1977?
- Houston 1977?
- Rock Montreal 1981?
- Milton Keynes 1982?
- Rock In Rio 1985?
- Live Aid 1985?
- Wembley 1986?

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Another_Roger » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:41 pm

Did Queen really peak at Live Aid? As a performance it is among the most famous ones because they did well, and it was watched by a billion people. But the audience at Wembley did not come to see Queen. That was a mixed audience. Knebworth Park was an audience that came to see Queen. The biggest confirmation they ever got in terms of greatness. As we all know the Knebworth visuals were never recorded. It would have been so great to see that huge concert recreated. But I guess that wont happen. Could have looked absolutely gigantic and epic compared to Live aid.

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby musicalprostitute » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:14 pm

Another_Roger wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:I think the 'new' Memorable Live Moments montage recently put up on Queenonline may give us some indication as to what live shows will be shown in the film.

Not so sure about that. I doubt very much that we will see Budapest and Knebworth. The Wembley show wasnt even in that montage. Hammersmith and Madison Square Garden that most likely will be in the movie wasnt in the montage at all. But as you said in some posts above there might be a montage somewhere in the movie.

True. I just thought it was a little too coincidental for them to be putting up a live montage a couple of months before the release of the film - but you are quite correct about Budapest, I should think. I would have said the same about any Magic gigs (as they are obviously a year later than our film's end timeline), but after seeing Rami in Freddie '86 attire now I am not so sure.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

PreviousNext

Return to The Show Must Go On